collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Glock 20 doesn’t feel right  (Read 4435 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Glock 20 doesn’t feel right
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
Limp wristing is an excuse for a poorly running gun, glocks are notorious for mag springs not being strong enough, everyone should get new mag springs after 2 years, replace the stock mag springs with +10 % heavy duty springs, also run the right recoil spring.  Mine will now run 40 s&w (with barrel  xchnge) through 220 uw ammo

For test purposes I alternated ammo in the same mag stuffing 180gr double tap, 200gr underwood and 220 gr underwood all in the same mag and tried to cause a misfire, limp wrist rapid fire gangsta firing and couldnt get it to ftf.

As it should be, dont let anyone tell you your limp wristing, I let the gun move

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2019, 09:28:29 AM »
Limp wristing is an excuse for a poorly running gun, glocks are notorious for mag springs not being strong enough, everyone should get new mag springs after 2 years, replace the stock mag springs with +10 % heavy duty springs, also run the right recoil spring.

Notorious? I've never heard of this nor have I ever replaced my mag springs. If this was really an issue then we would hear about it from police departments.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
It’s not comfortable, still doesn’t point naturally for me, and I just feel like my hand doesn’t get enough grip on her. And I wear a large glove so it’s not a small hands thing.

It's probably your hand shape and not size. I would go hold a rock island 10mm in the store and see what you think. 

Glock 20/29s maintain their value so you can probably get close to breaking even if you sell it.

I just think it is a bad idea to own a gun you don't like shooting. 

Considering going 44 in a revolver maybe. I dunno. Just making next year Idaho plans and am thinking about things I’d like to improve for next season.

I'd rent a 44 first. It's a significant jump in weight from a polymer if you are covering a lot of miles.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
Limp wristing is an excuse for a poorly running gun, glocks are notorious for mag springs not being strong enough, everyone should get new mag springs after 2 years, replace the stock mag springs with +10 % heavy duty springs, also run the right recoil spring.

Notorious? I've never heard of this nor have I ever replaced my mag springs. If this was really an issue then we would hear about it from police departments.

That's what a glock trained armorer told me, who works for a nationwide law enforcement agency  :dunno:

My G20 wouldn't run, so he lent me some +10% mag springs he had laying around and voila!   It runs perfect now, so I bought my own and gave his back for the next guy to try with a poorly running glock. 

I am not a glock armorer, if you are I'll defer to you...if you aren't, I'm going to defer to my guy who I know is. 

Plus I also rest my mag springs now between hunts.  This isn't an EDC but a dedicated woods gun, so resting the mag springs is easy I just unload the mags between hunts every so often. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 09:49:40 AM by KFhunter »

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »
You might consider getting a smith and wesson 69 5-shot 44 mag.   They come with a 4.25" barrel.  Roughly the same size as a GP-100.  I love mine. 

Or you could try an Springfield XD-10.  It might feel better.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

That's what a glock trained armorer told me, who works for a nationwide law enforcement agency  :dunno:

My G20 wouldn't run, so he lent me some +10% mag springs he had laying around and voila!   It runs perfect now, so I bought my own and gave his back for the next guy to try with a poorly running glock. 

That just sounds like worn out springs which can happen to any magazine.

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2019, 11:48:46 AM »

Or you could try an Springfield XD-10.  It might feel better.

I held the Glock 10mm and the Springfield XDM 10mm the other day. I definitely liked the Springfield's grip better. Not so blocky.
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
Yup - I wasn't talking about recoil springs.   Leaving the mags loaded in the glocks I need new springs in about 2 years then start getting feed issues.   

HK has been fully loaded for 10 years or so and are just now seeing weak mag springs

Sig - haven't seen it happen yet

Baretta wasn't an issue with mag springs, kept loosing rolled pins but mag springs never an issue

Offline Yondering

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »
The grip "angle" is inherent to all Glocks.
Some like it, some don't mind it, some hate it. It is the single biggest cause to the Glock limp wrist" issue causing "stovepipes". Glock makes great reliable weapons, but the wrist angle just does not work for many people.

Nope. The grip angle is not the cause of limp wristing. Glocks show issues with limp wristing more often because they are not as lightly sprung as many other pistols. Easy to change that with aftermarket springs if you're prone to limp wristing, but for those who aren't, it's a good thing when shooting full power or +P loads.

If anything, the steeper grip angle on Glocks helps control recoil better.

The whole grip angle argument is a bunch of hogwash. There is no "natural grip angle", only what each individual is used to, primarily because that's what you've practiced with. It's just as easy for a Glock grip to feel natural as anything else, if you've put in the practice. With very few exceptions, the complaints about grip angle come from people who've become used to something else and haven't spent the time or practice to become comfortable with a Glock. Heck, people even got used to a Luger grip angle years ago.

The thousands of ex Glock owners and many pistol experts would disagree.
The term “Glock limp wrist” is a fairly common term. The are also known for light springs.

Thousands of people are frequently wrong about things they know very little about.
Glocks typically have a little heavier recoil spring than most other brands, along with heavier slides. Both of those things tame hotter loads better, but they also make them more prone to limp wristing.

The only application where the Glock recoil springs are too light is for full power 10mm, which are definitely NOT known for limp wristing. No other 10mm pistol is adequately sprung for full power from the factory either though.

You are welcome to disagree, but I'm not guessing or basing this on common opinion (which is frequently wrong).

Offline Yondering

• Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2019, 03:33:28 PM »
I win biggest idiot. It’s a Gen 4 I got second hand for a really good deal. I put those talon grips I believe it was on it right away. Never checked the back strap or really the box of stuff I got with it. Just pulled the talon grip off the back, removed the back strap and put the medium on that was in the box along with the third mag and other stuff. So much better. I feel so dumb. It’s been since spring that I’ve had this and never thought about the back strap. Literally just kept it in my kenai and packed it. I’m dumb. New goal for the year, get familiar with this gun. It’s still not as comfortable as those mp 2.0s but it feels like a new gun without the large strap on.

If back strap size is an issue, just leave the back strap off of that gen 4, you don't need to use one. There should be a shorter pin with the backstrap kit as well for using the gun without any.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »
I don't know anything about them but Bobs has the Remington® 1911 R1 10mm Hunter going on sale for $799.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2019, 10:49:33 PM »
Really wanted to like the G20 when I was shopping for a 10mm. Held it multiple times and it just never felt right. I went with the XDM and don’t regret it one bit.
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter