collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Draw tags  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Gwhjenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Draw tags
« on: December 22, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »
With 22 points this next season I am considering applying for a muzzleloader tag in the blues. I have elk hunted once for spikes near the ski area with no success. Looking for some guidance on what would be the best units for a backpack hunt. Also would like to know how the rut is sep.30 thru the first week of October.
Thanks for any help or advise you can offer.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
Re: Draw tags
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
Don't plan on drawing anything no matter how many points . Hope for the best apply for what you know or interest ya . And if you do draw that's when the planning starts

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Draw tags
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 09:02:08 PM »
If I had 22 point I wouldn’t be applying for the blue mountains. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local 3482

Offline Gwhjenkins

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »
What would you suggest? A Yakima hunt?

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 09:09:22 PM »
What would you suggest? A Yakima hunt?
There are East side cascade hunts that you are much more likely to draw and not have to deal with wolves.  Elk in the Blues are pretty scattered right now.  They are still there. but much harder to find. 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
Id have no problem burning 22 points in the blues. All the hunts I have been on have been outstanding and everything I coulda asked for in a quality tag. Ive had a archery and a muzzy tag and both tags I never went a day without bulls screaming.

The rut drastically dropped off after Sept 30th, still heard bulls, but they were not as responsive to calls and more of a spot and stalk scenario. I did have a few bulls going nuts. This past season was a bad year to have a muzzy tag as weather really screwed tag holders.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 11:49:48 PM »
Id have no problem burning 22 points in the blues. All the hunts I have been on have been outstanding and everything I coulda asked for in a quality tag. Ive had a archery and a muzzy tag and both tags I never went a day without bulls screaming.

The rut drastically dropped off after Sept 30th, still heard bulls, but they were not as responsive to calls and more of a spot and stalk scenario. I did have a few bulls going nuts. This past season was a bad year to have a muzzy tag as weather really screwed tag holders.

Yep....
Tod Riechert fan club.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal