collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Funny Californian story  (Read 3199 times)

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
Funny Californian story
« on: December 23, 2019, 03:38:10 AM »
So during this last elk season my buddies and wanted to check out a new area that (where I saw a nice 4 point before the season) is about 30 minutes north of our normal spot. So we get out and look around and the area is real thick and swampy, a couple guys get out and start looking around a little and I decide I want to get to the area that I saw the bull, but it is going to be a real pain and maybe not even possible because of a river. But whatever, I'm going for it. Well after a good long while by myself I get to the area and have a look around. See nothing and decide to head back. Well, it would be much easier to just hike out to the highway and then get back to the truck that way rather than trudging back through the crap I went through to get there. So here I am walking down the highway with my muzzleloader over my shoulder and there are cars passing, but whatever, I'm in a rural area and it's hunting season. Well a car is approaching, not just any car, but a Subaru with California plates. Unfortunately I didn't think quick enough and they drove by, but not without looking at me all wide eyed :yike: :yike:. So then I thought to myself, I should have put my thumb out like I was a hitchhiker to really freak them out  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:, oh well missed opportunities. But hey, maybe helped dissuade some future Caifornians from moving up here  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Funny Californian story
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »
 :chuckle: We should set up a CA politics check station on I-5 at the border here - a bunch of guys in camo with ARs.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »
Be careful......them Califernians have gotten real clever at hiding their guns.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:38:35 AM »
Be careful......them Califernians have gotten real clever at hiding their guns.

We're probably not worried about the ones with guns to hide.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 12:55:46 PM »
You must be really confident that your much more *censored*er than anyone from California.
This kinda stuff is just absurd.
Go to northern or central Idaho and tell em you're from Washington...then continue to talk smack about folks from other states.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »
You must be really confident that your much more *censored*er than anyone from California.
Go to northern or central Idaho and tell em you're from Washington...then continue to talk smack about folks from other states.

Lighten up, Francis. You've apparently lost your ability to detect humor. This is a humor post. Satire. Foolishness. If your feelings are hurt, maybe go get a Gogurt or some cookies. Have a nice day.

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »

100% true. I went on a September hunt near Dixie, ID......we camped next to a group of former rodeo bull riders and shared campfire, beer and cigars with them. Then they started up with us being a bunch of Washington fairies...….so, of course, I mentioned that it wasn't Washington voters who voted for Sen. Larry Craig......they hung their heads and cried, "Unfair!!!!" Score one for Mighty Washington State!!!!!!

Offline 444Marlin

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 07:17:22 PM »
Hey...at least they weren't from Portland, OR!

I hear they prance around the woods in their pink panties, hugging trees and play in drum circles to scare off the elk! :hello:

Just for reference, my profile only says I'm in Portland, but I'm planning to leave my wife, sell my house and move to a trailer park outside of the Tri-cities so I can hang with the outdoor elite and prove my street cred.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
Funny story I have is from one sunny September afternoon in the Manastash.
Taking a day off elk hunting to do a few camp duties and D.Ward decided it would be a good time to brush his teeth.
3-4 of us thought it was a good idea also, so there we were coffee mugs full of water, toothbrushes in hand when an Isuzu Trooper comes rolling down the road towards our camp, slows down and starts to roll down window.
We all start to walk towards the Asian couple in the vehicle. .
Sudden acceleration and a cloud of dust!
We all looked at each other and realized 5 guys foaming at the mouth might not be what these tourists were looking for 8 miles back in the middle of nowhere.
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »
LOL  :chuckle:

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
Start off I don't hold it against anyone where they come from. But some Calies just bury themselves especially with there ideologies.  So heres my true story at a gas pump of a couple moving from Cali to Spokane at  a Hood River station. Guy pulled his You Haul up to pump adjacent of mine. Gets out and just starts this rant to the Gas Jockey about how bad Cali is. To many people, smoke from wild fires, cost of houses. All.the same stuff we here about Cali and why folks are leaving. Which I don't blame them........... So I butt into the conversation and ask about where at in Spokane he is going. He tells me a nice neighbor hood which is cheap, nice folks and free of wild fire smoke.  All I could say was good luck with that!  :chuckle:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »

This state has less than 50% of its population that was born and raised here. For every gun toting sportsmen that wants less government that is more accountable from Californian, many many more do not share those traits. Doesnt mean everyone from Cali is the problem, but we didnt get here because most wern't.  When folks complain about King county and the politics... that is where most Californians congregated. Belleview to Northbend.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jeffro

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 06:00:50 PM »
I worked at a full service gas station in Lynnwood, late ‘80s
Mostly swing and graveyard.
Uhaul van pulling a trailer pulls in,
I immediately notice its smoking, badly
As I approached the gentleman driving said, “This thing gets horrible gas mileage, I’ve had to stop at nearly ever gas station from Redding to here”
I begin to look closer at it, as he speaks, and the rear rims are glowing in the dark.
Ask him to step out of the vehicle so he can see it also.
Basically got a “WTF causes that” from him.
Looked in the cab.....
Parking brake to the floorboard.
Asked if he released it when he started driving,
“Of course”
He’d been pulling the hood release every time, yes it was open.....
I inform him to let it cool down and he can grab some coffee after he moves it away from the pumps.
Still glowing, still smoking...
He pulls over to the air/water station and starts spraying cold water on the left rear hub.
Sounded like a m-80 when the drum and rim exploded
Lol

One shot. One kill!

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
I was trapping along the highway that runs from Corvallis to Newport. Just west of Eddyville there was a big turnout where a good sized Creek ran under the Highway. I would stop and walk up the creek where I had some beaver and otter traps set.
One time I get back to the pickup and I am surrounded by State Police. Apparently someone had reported a suspicious man with a gun. Yes, I did open carry my trap line pistol but understand this is a completely rural area and there were no homes close by.
Told the troopers I was trapping and then had to tell them all about being a trapper so ended up losing an hour.
I thought it pretty odd someone would call the cops.
Bruce Vandervort

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand