collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ranching on high alert  (Read 1740 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
Re: Ranching on high alert
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:04:04 PM »
I have known Jay for years and hunted all over his property. He is one of the good ole guys. We need more guys like him on our game commission, hated it when he left.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »
I have known Jay for years and hunted all over his property. He is one of the good ole guys. We need more guys like him on our game commission, hated it when he left.

I like his taste in cattle defense,  25-06 would be a great wolf/yote gun   :tup:  :tup:

I think the right dog could help too,  barks and carry's on when wolves come around.   
My little britt would let him know if wolves were around, she's learned that if she barks at a yote...it dies!

and she looooves makin yotes die  :IBCOOL:   

She won't bark at deer/turkey but a coyote or bear? yaps her brains out. 

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »
I have a message to all Ranchers---- You need 2 Fila Brasiliero's for cattle defense.  These are big enough, tough enough, smart enough and surely protective enough to do the job very well.  They do not chase or run off but do hold and protect their territories.   I remember reading story of elderly Canada or N. Minn couple who continued to lose dogs of all sorts for years to wolves.  Finaly tried Fila and have had great success.   As she stated the Fila isn't dumb enough to be drawn away and attacked by multiple wolves.   Also ya can use em as a hunting bloodound tracking dog.   Their massive size, strength and loose skin allows em to easily handle a wolf or cougar/panther as the Brasilians have done hunting Panther with em for over hundred years. :twocents:
MAGA!  Again..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal