collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Were wolves imported to Washington in secret?  

Yes  - I think wolves were dumped in WA
160 (68.7%)
No   - They arrived here naturally
73 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Voting closed: January 23, 2020, 01:12:43 PM

Author Topic: Were wolves imported into Washington on the downlow?  (Read 31707 times)

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
Re: Were wolves imported into Washington on the downlow?
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »
That video is rather shocking. But it doesn't mean an agency like wdfw or USFWS was complicit in the release of wolves.

Funny how cnw claims that was the first wolf pack since the 30's.  Who are they fooling with that bs? Anyway, the video does seem to be proof that CNW was involved with releasing wolves.....at least it seems that way. Pretty unlikely to get video like that otherwise.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2019, 07:42:22 AM »
cowardly people who admit to being coerced into keeping there mouths shut by government bureaucrats, but no credible evidence.   

Calling me a liar or backhandly insulting me or calling me a coward will get you in trouble very quickly.  I don’t even have to invite you over to have you call that to my face.  All I have to do is hit a button and your existence here will be erased.   Tread lightly keyboard warrior.   It’s ok to disagree with me, but insinuating I’m stupid, a liar or a coward won’t be tolerated either personally or by huntwa policy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:51:09 AM by boneaddict »

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »
cowardly people who admit to being coerced into keeping there mouths shut by government bureaucrats, but no credible evidence.   

Calling me a liar or backhandly insulting me or calling me a coward will get you in trouble very quickly.  I don’t even have to invite you over to have you call that to my face.  All I have to do is hit a button and your existence here will be erased.   Tread lightly keyboard warrior.   It’s ok to disagree with me, but insinuating I’m stupid, a liar or a coward won’t be tolerated either personally or by huntwa policy.
But everyone knows you dont spend any time in the woods! Nor do you hail from and area that once had massive deer herds, or have friends and family still there!  You expect everyone here to recognize your street cred?

Lol

I'm not sure how much you have to defend yourself. The picture proof of your close proximity to animals is unlike anyone else on this forum.  There are a couple that are in proximity but they arnt the wines talking smack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2019, 08:06:30 AM »

My comments were very generic.  But if we want to discuss forum rules I'd be glad to.  I'd like to start with "Unproven Accusations" where you directly accused me of being involved in a felony...the transport and release of wolves.  So it's ok for you to accuse me with no evidence of an egregious felony, but I cant make general sarcastic remarks?  I may not have been as nice as I could have been but you are really getting into some serious libelous claims when you publicly accuse someone of a felony and you have zero evidence to support such a claim.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2019, 08:11:34 AM »
Nice try.    :chuckle:

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
Nice try.    :chuckle:
Just exposing the hypocrisy.   :tup:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2019, 08:13:53 AM »
I think you are exposing something else, but that’s ok.   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »
That video is rather shocking. But it doesn't mean an agency like wdfw or USFWS was complicit in the release of wolves.

Funny how cnw claims that was the first wolf pack since the 30's.  Who are they fooling with that bs? Anyway, the video does seem to be proof that CNW was involved with releasing wolves.....at least it seems that way. Pretty unlikely to get video like that otherwise.

I don't find it shoking that CNW may have had a hand in a wolf release,  but I do find it shocking that you could think WDFW wouldn't know about it. 

They're joined at the hip, then and now,  WDFW got in bed with them and spooned. 

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »

My comments were very generic.  But if we want to discuss forum rules I'd be glad to.  I'd like to start with "Unproven Accusations" where you directly accused me of being involved in a felony...the transport and release of wolves.  So it's ok for you to accuse me with no evidence of an egregious felony, but I cant make general sarcastic remarks?  I may not have been as nice as I could have been but you are really getting into some serious libelous claims when you publicly accuse someone of a felony and you have zero evidence to support such a claim.

Not only were your comments specific, not generic, they reveal an innate loathing for HuntWA forum members. This is not the first time you've addressed members in such a way, and until your membership is nuked, it won't be the last. Because you demonstrably hold your fellow members in such low regard, I have to ask you: why are you even here? Bone and I don't agree on this topic and others, yet we choose to disagree while continuing to show mutual respect for each other as hunters, affected residents, concerned conservationists, and fellow forum members. If your comments were born of mutual respect, we wouldn't even be discussing this.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »

I don't find it shoking that CNW may have had a hand in a wolf release,  but I do find it shocking that you could think WDFW wouldn't know about it. 

They're joined at the hip, then and now,  WDFW got in bed with them and spooned.

Okay, let's assume it's true that CNW and WDFW were in bed together and made the wolf release happen. Who at wdfw knew about it? The director? Biologists? Commissioners?  Just seems like word would get leaked out.  I could see possibly an employee of wdfw doing something on their own but for the agency to sanction something like that doesn't make sense.

I'm open to admitting I'm wrong about WDFW either releasing wolves or helping/knowing about it.  So far I'm not convinced, but the CNW video does make me question things even more.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2019, 10:22:15 AM »
Lets try this name.

https://www.conservationnw.org/meet-our-staff/jay-shepherd/

Jay Shepherd
Wolf Program Lead
2084207832 X jshepherd@conservationnw.org

Jay coordinates our Wolf Program, including managing our Range Rider Pilot Project and working with local ranchers and conservationists in northeast Washington. Dr. Shepherd has a long history in wildlife research and management with state and federal agencies in western North America, most recently immersed in wolf recovery and reducing wildlife conflicts in Washington. Jay grew up in Walla Walla, Washington where he worked on his family’s wheat farm and cattle ranch into his twenties. As a biologist, Jay worked with amphibians, ungulates, predators, seabirds, and raptors, as well as shrub-steppe and old-growth forest habitat. He has a B.S. in Wildlife Resources, an M.S. in Wildlife Biology, and a Ph.D. in Natural Resources from the University of Idaho. Jay loves the landscape and people of northeastern Washington.

Coincidence?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »
One or two key positions at the top of WDFW could devoid an area of employees, if they wanted too.   

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2019, 11:11:50 AM »
That video is rather shocking. But it doesn't mean an agency like wdfw or USFWS was complicit in the release of wolves. "

"Doesnt exactly exonerate them either.......buckfvr"

Offline Henrydog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
So today has been a slow day at work.  I went to the 1st page on wolves from the forum.  https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,8759.0.html.  This is a WDFW dated press release 7/11/2008.  At that time they just happened to do a "howling survey" in Western Okangonan Co.    I am adjusting my tinfoil cap....but how did they know where to look?

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,9240.0.html was posted a few weeks later

"The re-appearance of a resident wolf pack in Washington is evidence of a functioning ecosystem and good news for those working to preserve the state's biodiversity," said WDFW Director Jeff Koenings, Ph.D.

"At the same time, we recognize some residents have concerns about the re-entry of wolves in Washington. This discovery demonstrates the need to continue our efforts to finalize a state wolf conservation and management plan," Koenings said.

The two wolves, a male and female, were temporarily captured and radio-collared by wolf experts from Idaho Department of Fish and Game and the Nez Perce tribe, assisted by biologists with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and U.S. Forest Service. Tissue and hair samples were collected from the two animals and submitted for DNA testing to confirm that the animals were pure wolves.

Preliminary results from additional genetic testing indicate the two wolves likely originated from British Columbia-Alberta populations.  More comprehensive testing is currently being conducted to determine more specific information. "

So the Wolves just skipped Idaho and NE Washington went over 3 mountain ranges, crossed the Columbia River but stopped at the Cascades? 

Look at the language use back then by WDFW it is different that the verabge they use today.   Also why would Idaho DFG have to come here to place radio colors?

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2019, 02:50:51 PM »
Kind of the point I was trying to make earlier to the fella on here that accuses everyone who doesn't agree with him of wearing tin foil hats. Now, the OTHER fella I knew who grew up in the Methow, worked in the Methow, hunted, fished and hiked in the Methow his whole life made a statement that resonated with not only myself but also many other people that were in the camp of "no way was anybody involved with moving or transplanting wolves into this state", his statement was simple, not full of accusations or conspiracy theories but was so simple it made some people think outside the box. He said, where those wolves ended up, and in the timeframe their numbers grew, could have only happened with help. I will listen to folks like him, bone and others that have history in the Methow at least. I myself have a pretty rich history there also and the way this whole wolf deal happened in the Methow at the very least leaves many, many questions. Like I said before I think keeping an open mind is healthy, being a good communicator and talker is important but being a good listener is golden. As I said before, there are areas in this state that wolves have ended up that I believe the migrating/wandering theory but on the other hand there are areas these things have taken hold in that I believe people like my friend that claim the area, the numbers and the timeframe of it all happening would have taken help. Like I said, someplace the dots connect and some places they don't. We all know how bear and lion populations got to where they are today but the way and speediness of the wolf boom leaves a lot of questions, especially like a lot of folks have said, there have always been a few here and there, moving back and forth etc. etc. etc., just weird the wolves basically boomed during the same time period that all the other predators(bear and lion) did, the bears and lions had to have help from the government on how we hunt them for their populations to explode but I guess we just need to accept that wolves didn't need any help (BEYOND protecting them) to take hold in certain areas of this state, at least some want us to just accept it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:36:51 PM by bigmacc »

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal