collapse

Advertisement

Poll

How many of you hunt out of state? Feel free to comment why or why not.

I hunt out of state.
116 (89.2%)
I dont hunt out of state.
14 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: Out Of State Hunting  (Read 7971 times)

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: Out Of State Hunting
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »
If I don't draw Washington for elk I will be going out of state again this year. I think it will be my 14th year of hunting out of state. It's nice to have the opportunity to chase bugling bulls every September instead of just looking at them unless you draw a tag here in Washington. Once I draw quality bull on the Eastside I will be done with the draw and possibly start concentrating on the westside for elk as well as going out of state every year.

Offline pbg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 06:40:12 PM »
We started going out of state 20 years ago to hunt deer and elk, just to try something different (Idaho, Montana ) and that turned in to going every couple of years, now for the last 10 years we go every year because of the opportunities to harvest game is just so much higher, you see animals every day and you can be picky in what you want to shoot, unlike here where if you see a legal buck you better shoot it or be facing going with out. So with limited access and short seasons to hunt mule deer it just makes sense to spend our money in states that know what to do with it. We may not even buy fishing licenses anymore due to how the state is mismanaging our fisheries. This year as we drove across the state from the wet side to Idaho on I-90, we saw 0 deer ,just coyotes in six hours of driving and as soon as we got over the state line we saw our first deer and hundreds more over the next 8 hours on our way to eastern Montana and that was just from the freeway so what is this state doing wrong ?

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Going to Montana for deer and antelope hopefully

Offline johnsc6

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
I started hunting out of state in 2005, it started out with just upland hunting and has now morphed into big game as well. I have not bought a license in Washington now for at least ten years and never will again. I mainly hunt Montana, be it birds or deer you see more in a day over there than in a whole season over here.  As a matter of fact for me I will officially retire tomorrow at 61 and when I wake up on January 2nd. I will be a Montana Resident.

congrats  1

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2020, 02:50:59 AM »
I hunt WA every year, but also add in some out of state hunts here and there to extend my season and have a little adventure.. I’ve hunted AK, MT, TX, AZ and ID. I hunted mule deer in MT for the first time last year and had an absolute blast! I went solo, never been before, and saw 60-100 deer everyday. I’m definitely putting in for that again this year!

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2020, 07:51:09 AM »
I hunt Washington, and Oregon every year. This year i am going to try and make the time to hit Idaho with my son as well.

Offline jetjockey

• Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2020, 07:57:56 AM »
Call me crazy, but I plan on hunting out of state in the next year or two as well.  Since I live in CO now, I’m planning on heading home to hunt whitetail in NE WA. They still do pretty well up there........ The sad thing is, my dad killed 13 elk in 13 years back in the late 60’s and mid 70’s in the Willapa Hills.  I will never have the opportunity to experience that back home, but here in CO, that’s is still very much a possibility.

For upland hunting, it’s a no brainer.  Every year I hold licenses for CO, KS, and NE, and I also cycle through TX, SD, and NM every couple years.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »
NE WA whitetail are a mere fraction of what they were 5-6 years ago in most parts .

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 11:53:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]