collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wyoming 2020  (Read 11549 times)

Offline sjhgraysage

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Wyoming 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
I have maximum deer and elk points in Wyoming.
But not sure you would want to partner up with a guy that cant find a bull moose in WA to fill a tag! LOL 😉

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
Didn’t get this one killed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
I was trying to figure out how to kill this buck when mine stood up.  It was a big deer.  I took this pic through my 15x’s @ 1280 yards

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2020, 06:40:50 PM »
Wow thats a big boy JJ.  Times like that I’m glad for that 1100 yard practice.  Maybe next time. 

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2020, 07:45:13 PM »
Yeah, he was a good one.  I saw one other that I hunted for a couple days that was over 200”.   When this ole boy stood up at 620, I wasn’t passing.

Offline MerriamMagician

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Success is the only option
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2020, 07:37:06 AM »
Back to back years hunting the Wyoming high country? Thats just not fair JJ lol :chuckle: :chuckle:
Gobblers only, all jakes must walk

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2020, 09:13:06 AM »
If I was the state of Wyoming, I would go away from the regular price and charge the special price for all of their tags.  In MOST (not all) cases, they turn away enough people in the special draw that could have filled the regular quota.  Its just pure business to them.  Yes it is sad that hunting out of state is turning into a rich mans sport but business is business.  If you were selling widgets and you were selling 60% of them for a $100 and 40% of them for $200 and were turning massive amounts of people away that were willing to pay the $200, you would re-think your business model and sell all of your widgets for $200.  Just plain old common sense and business.  They don't owe anything to the out of state hunter.  Their interests are in their residents and their herds.  I cant believe I am saying this but it only makes sense.  Especially if you live in the state of Wyoming.  Studies show, the guy that is willing to spend twice the price for the tag is also willing to stay in a motel instead of his truck.  He's also more apt to eat at the restaurants and not out of their ice chests.  Businesses would also flourish.

For elk this is all true, the hunting media has turned elk into a cash cow for the states that have them, but I’m guessing a lot of people would be out at the $614 price point for a buck antelope

Offline ganghis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »
I bought the bullet last fall and bought points for the first time (antelope, deer, elk).  Thinking about putting in for an antlerless elk tag here in the next couple weeks.  Any suggestions for a unit/tag with decent amount of public (not wilderness though, not hiring a guide for antlerless) with decent success rates?  Ideally I'd pick up some antlerless antelope tags too for an area relatively close.  At this point, just trying to learn the lay of the land a little and maybe coming back with some meat for the freezer while starting to build up points.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions... beats putting together a spreadsheet or something!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »
I bought the bullet last fall and bought points for the first time (antelope, deer, elk).  Thinking about putting in for an antlerless elk tag here in the next couple weeks.  Any suggestions for a unit/tag with decent amount of public (not wilderness though, not hiring a guide for antlerless) with decent success rates?  Ideally I'd pick up some antlerless antelope tags too for an area relatively close.  At this point, just trying to learn the lay of the land a little and maybe coming back with some meat for the freezer while starting to build up points.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions... beats putting together a spreadsheet or something!

If you are looking at multiple hunts out of state or multiple states, Gohunt is pretty much mandatory.

Offline ganghis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2020, 11:44:17 AM »

[/quote]

If you are looking at multiple hunts out of state or multiple states, Gohunt is pretty much mandatory.
[/quote]

Thanks!  I've seen ads but never knew how useful it was before.  I'll check it out

Offline Chad E.

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

I highly recommend gohunt but if you are just looking to get your fet wet in Wyoming their Fish and Game has a really helpful hunt planner that is free.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »

I highly recommend gohunt but if you are just looking to get your fet wet in Wyoming their Fish and Game has a really helpful hunt planner that is free.
Wyoming draw stats and harvest data is very user friendly as well.

Offline Bwana Bob

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
Hoping to piggyback my 3 antelope points with my friends 5 points. With 4 points in the special we have a good chance to draw a decent area.
I Love antelope hunting in WY  :)

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2020, 09:39:46 AM »
Looking at the odds and trends, I should be able to pull an Antelope tag for where I want this year. Planning on taking my son along who turns 7 in July.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
Looking at the odds and trends, I should be able to pull an Antelope tag for where I want this year. Planning on taking my son along who turns 7 in July.

Great Idea!  Your son will have an absolute blast with his dad!!!!
Zonk Volmer

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand