collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW No Money from Me in 2019! First time since forever.  (Read 9057 times)

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
WDFW No Money from Me in 2019! First time since forever.
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:16:08 AM »
This is the first time in 33 years I did not buy a license in Washington State.  I have been disgusted on how things have gone the last decade or so.  I felt a little guilty the last few years giving more tax money to WDFW to turn around and use it against me so this year I made it, I didn't buy anything, no Fishing lisc., no small game, no migratory bird, no deer tag, no elk tag, no stupid special permits that I don't have a chance for, no OIL lottery, nothing!  I also didn't buy anything for my daughters, including their stupid points! 

Folks, I'm done, I never thought I would say it but they have lost me, I am out!   

It's a shame, I have hunted in Washington since before I could walk, Dad road hunted Pheasants with me the year I was born!  I took my daughters out too, their first year of life.  I broke decades of tradition this year, I turned down many offers to go, I could have, it wasn't about money or time, it is about the principal of it. 

I hunted Montana and Idaho too, I took my girls out of state this year (Big Game) and felt that the cost was well worth it.  I will keep doing on doing that. 

I championed Washington opportunities for years, stood up for the chances in this state and all of that, but now I'm out.

I wonder if I will go back?  Maybe, maybe not, I don't have much hope.   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
Re: WDFW No Money from Me in 2019! First time since forever.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 11:26:58 AM »
Idaho already got my money this year, and Wyoming too most likely.   

As for Washington, I'm really torn on just buying bear, cougar and small game + fresh water fish. 

Or if I want it all to crash and burn and not buy a thing! 

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »
Idaho already got my money this year, and Wyoming too most likely.   

As for Washington, I'm really torn on just buying bear, cougar and small game + fresh water fish. 

Or if I want it all to crash and burn and not buy a thing!

If nothing else, buy bear tags.  It really is the best quality hunting opportunity we have now.

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
I bought a bear tag but didn’t go out because I didn’t want to drive all the way to Montesano if I got one. I guess in hind site I should have gone and just reported no harvest even if I got one. I also bought a duck license but haven’t been out yet. 2019 is the first year since the 1980s that I haven’t hunted/fished in Washington. By contrast this year I’ve hunted/fished/hiked/camped in Idaho Montana Wyoming North Dakota and Minnesota. Probably never will again since I’m working on moving this winter/spring

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 11:31:24 AM »
I bought a bear tag but didn’t go out because I didn’t want to drive all the way to Montesano if I got one. I guess in hind site I should have gone and just reported no harvest even if I got one. I also bought a duck license but haven’t been out yet. 2019 is the first year since the 1980s that I haven’t hunted/fished in Washington. By contrast this year I’ve hunted/fished/hiked/camped in Idaho Montana Wyoming North Dakota and Minnesota. Probably never will again since I’m working on moving this winter/spring

I dont understand.  Did you think you would have to check the bear in or something?

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 11:36:50 AM »
I read the regs & it says you have to bring a tooth to a wdfw office to submit it. I wrote in asking about that and never heard back.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »
I read the regs & it says you have to bring a tooth to a wdfw office to submit it. I wrote in asking about that and never heard back.

Wrong.  You have to submit a tooth, but not in person.  Just call your regional office and ask them to send a tooth envelope to you in the mail.  The envelope is postage paid.  You just fill out the info on the envelope, put the tooth in, and stick it in your mail box.

But now, new rule for 2020, spring bears will have to be checked in.  Hide and skull.  But not necessarily at a regional office,  you can meet a game warden at a gas station parking lot or wherever you can talk one in to meeting you, and have the hide sealed, tooth pulled.  Same program with lions.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 11:41:07 AM »
Ya, there's some changes now you gotta bring em a pelt + evidence of sex + that tooth.  <--for the spring hunt. 

but you don't have to bring it to a main office, you can call and arrange something easier and meet up with a "designated official" or a WDFW officer themselves.   

What I'm going to clarify before this spring or next fall if I don't draw is do they gotta have the WHOLE pelt?   I don't think so!   So how much pelt is enough?   

Can I bring them half a nutsack with a small patch of pelt and a tooth?   I think so, but I want to check first.

I think this requirement will be for the fall hunt also at some point.   I just hope people are smart enough not to bring them a grizzly pelt,  I kinda wonder if that's why the requirement for the spring hunt....checking to see if people accidently got a grizz  :yike:

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »
I wish they would have answered me because I want a bear bad. Going to be trying for one in Idaho this spring.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 11:43:35 AM »
Ya, there's some changes now you gotta bring em a pelt + evidence of sex + that tooth. 

but you don't have to bring it to a main office, you can call and arrange something easier and meet up with a "designated official" or a WDFW officer themselves.   

What I'm going to clarify before this spring or next fall if I don't draw is do they gotta have the WHOLE pelt?   I don't think so!   So how much pelt is enough?   

Can I bring them half a nutsack with a small patch of pelt and a tooth?   I think so, but I want to check first.

So far hide sealing requirement is for spring bears only, not fall.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »
Thanks yes you're correct, I modified my post. 

I wonder if the pelt requirement is to check if people accidentally shot a grizzly?  The tooth pouch is kinda anonymous, either doesn't get sent in or tracked enough in house for a conviction ya?

But if a gamie met you for a pelt sealing requirement, and someone was dumb enough to have a skinned out spring grizzz   :o 

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 11:49:29 AM »
Guys, this is (part of) the problem.  There are so many rules that it is impossible to know them all!  It is a mess of Bureaucracy. 

Wrong.  You have to submit a tooth, but not in person.  Just call your regional office and ask them to send a tooth envelope to you in the mail.  The envelope is postage paid.  You just fill out the info on the envelope, put the tooth in, and stick it in your mail box.

But now, new rule for 2020, spring bears will have to be checked in.  Hide and skull.  But not necessarily at a regional office,  you can meet a game warden at a gas station parking lot or wherever you can talk one in to meeting you, and have the hide sealed, tooth pulled.  Same program with lions.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
Thanks yes you're correct, I modified my post. 

I wonder if the pelt requirement is to check if people accidentally shot a grizzly?  The tooth pouch is kinda anonymous, doesn't get sent in or tracked enough for a conviction ya?

But if a gamie met you for a pelt sealing requirement, and someone was dumb enough to have a skinned out spring grizzz   :o

The tooth envelopes have your info on them, theyre not anonymous.  At least if you fill them out.  They know who you are.  And whats the point of submitting a tooth if you dont put your info on it?

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »
I wish they would have answered me because I want a bear bad. Going to be trying for one in Idaho this spring.
in idaho all bears do have to get checked in, hide sealed.  If thats something you wanted to avoid hassling with, i suggest making a shorter drive and hunting bears in the northeast corner in august.

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »
Very proud of you 300Rum.
We are in the same club. :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal