collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shotgun Gunsmith needed - Pad spacer  (Read 1816 times)

Offline rosco7

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
Shotgun Gunsmith needed - Pad spacer
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
Need a referral for a Shotgun gunsmith that could grind to fit a 3/4" spacer for one of my shotgun stocks. My regular guy is gone till April.

Does anyone know a qualified smith in the south end   ie.   Tacoma Covington   etc        thanks   :tup:

Online Henrydog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
Re: Shotgun Gunsmith needed - Pad spacer
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »
Call kickeez in Woodland.  They will either have what you need direct fit or could recommend someone who can install.  I have used several of their pitch spacers on many different guns over the years.

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »
Call kickeez in Woodland.  They will either have what you need direct fit or could recommend someone who can install.  I have used several of their pitch spacers on many different guns over the years.
Like Henrydog said start with Kickeez or try Limbsavor out of Shelton both are good pads. I do know Limbsavor has a shop on site to install pads. If the shotgun has an original stock you can order directly and do the install yourself two screws.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline rosco7

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 05:08:16 AM »
thanks for the replies !!!  will call both to see if they can do a spacer

I probably was not clear in my first post   the shotgun is vintage and has a very nice factory pad. I want to keep that on my gun.....just need 3/4" extra length   So, I usually just add a black spacer between the stock and the original pad

This requires fitting and grinding which I cannot do      So that is why I was looking for a shotgun smith to do it   vs. buying an aftermarket pad      thanks  great forum   :tup:

Online birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 08:19:20 AM »
diy?
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline Black-Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: FHEC
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 01:59:18 AM »
I've used Larry Connelly Maltby/Clearview area 360-668-9409, maybe farther North than you want to go?  Haven't had any work done for a couple + years so don't know if he's still open.  He did work on my Citori's and Rifles and always happy with his work and gun knowledge.

Online birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 07:11:14 AM »
get a sheet of the color you want nylon, just cut and shape yourself? it would simply screw in between stock and pad? you already have the 2 required dimension to sand it down too. the reach you can take from your arm to determine the sheet nylon thickness needed. Maybe the part change would be screws that hold pad in would be longer, easily obtained at say Lowes or a Tacoma screw in stainless*… sounds like a fine off season fun project... way cheaper and probably much quicker turn around than going thru a smith in the off season!

i have done this to an older version of a marlin 45/70 that felt like a kids bb gun in my hands... i added to the reach with a piece of black nylon and added a very thick pachmayr recoil pad. really made a difference in fit and how it shot for me...
USN retired
1981-2011

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal