collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Reward Increased to $7,500 for Info on Killing of Endangered California Wolf  (Read 4697 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
“We can’t let poachers deny future generations their opportunity to see these incredible animals in the wild,” Weiss said.

Wolves are naturally wary of people. No generations will ever see them in the wild :peep:
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
“We can’t let poachers deny future generations their opportunity to see these incredible animals in the wild,” Weiss said.

Wolves are naturally wary of people. No generations will ever see them in the wild :peep:

History and documented wolf behavior says you're wrong. As wolves are unopposed by humans and as they decimate wild prey, they become habituated to humans, originally going after their livestock and pets, then their trash, and eventually they go after people. We've seen this all across Europe, South Asia. This is a pattern. If the huggers get their way, their children will indeed see them and possibly, quite close up.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt

Ive seen them in the wild a number of times

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
One less wolf, oh well. Many deer will survive  :tup:

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
I mention to my wife all the time how the NE corner is full of wolves and yet no one is planning trips or family vacations to see them. There is no tourist industry for wolves in Washington. The only people seeing them are the ones who don't want them, such as us hunters and the cattle ranchers. Even then they are either in the woods where most tourist would be loathe to have to hike, or in the fields killing things. I try not to plan my family rec time around predetors killing things in front of my children. Of course there is always the fact of the very healthy wolf populations around the world, including up north.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
I mention to my wife all the time how the NE corner is full of wolves and yet no one is planning trips or family vacations to see them. There is no tourist industry for wolves in Washington. The only people seeing them are the ones who don't want them, such as us hunters and the cattle ranchers. Even then they are either in the woods where most tourist would be loathe to have to hike, or in the fields killing things. I try not to plan my family rec time around predetors killing things in front of my children. Of course there is always the fact of the very healthy wolf populations around the world, including up north.

And thst is always one of the wolf huggers argument to support wolf popilations.  "Wolf tourism."  What a joke.  They claim the money lost from hunting license fees as game herds decline can be offset, and then some, by the "wolf tourism" industry.  What an absolute pipe dream.  Even if the state decided to set up wolf tourism guides, with tracking equipment and everything, where they could pinpoint the location of collared wolves, the guides would still play hell actually getting tourists where they could catch a fleeting glimpse from a distance, let slone take a picture.  Its sn absolute crock, and i want to strangle any pro wolf idiot that makes the absurd wolf tourism claim.

I read that a lot of the reason they came up with thst joke of a claim, their main evidence for supporting it, is that they started doing surveys of visitors to yellowstone.  One question was "did you see a wolf."  If the person taking the survey responded yes, then that was taken as a "wolf tourist,"  considered as a person who came to yellowstobe in order to see wolves.  Nevermind that they werent asked if seeing a wolf was actually their reason for going, and nevermind the fact that the vast majority of people cant tell a coyote from a wolf.

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
The only good wolf is a dead wolf in my oppinion.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline hhack

• Tracker
Not all hero’s wear capes!!!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
That wolf poached in Stevens county got like a $20,000 (or more) reward offered,  com'on Cali....step it up   :chuckle:

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
The only good wolf is a dead wolf in my oppinion.

No such thing as a good wolf.

Offline bhawley76

• Longhunter
If someone needs an alibi I might know a guy.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer

History and documented wolf behavior says you're wrong. As wolves are unopposed by humans and as they decimate wild prey, they become habituated to humans, originally going after their livestock and pets, then their trash, and eventually they go after people. We've seen this all across Europe, South Asia. This is a pattern. If the huggers get their way, their children will indeed see them and possibly, quite close up.

We can only hope it's the tree hugger herd that gets thinned....

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
If someone needs an alibi I might know a guy.

No alibi needed if a guy takes the 3rd "S"  seriously

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
Wolf, the other red meat.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

* Advertisement