collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Moses Lake Area Guy Caught Snaring Coyotes.  (Read 7501 times)

Online JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Moses Lake Area Guy Caught Snaring Coyotes.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:42 AM »
Ok here’s one for you 2 years ago a “defender of wildlife “ released a bobcat and destroyed my cage . I followed his tracks in the snow to his house and got him, long story short with confession to the warden and a “slam dunk case “ it’s still in the courts system waiting ! Hmmmm

Offline elkboy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
Ok here’s one for you 2 years ago a “defender of wildlife “ released a bobcat and destroyed my cage . I followed his tracks in the snow to his house and got him, long story short with confession to the warden and a “slam dunk case “ it’s still in the courts system waiting ! Hmmmm
Also very wrong!  Hope you get your day in court.  Glad the tracking snow was good...  and you sent the "defender of wildlife" a strong message.   

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 08:22:11 AM »
Can't coyotes be trapped with other trap types?  I presume this fellow in Moses Lake wasn't trying to trap out a ravenous wolf pack.

Not really... nothing that works anyway.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 08:25:52 AM »
Civil disobedience over coyotes? Which already have a 365 day open season?  Can't coyotes be trapped with other trap types?  I presume this fellow in Moses Lake wasn't trying to trap out a ravenous wolf pack.

Attitudes like some of those reflected in this thread are as much of a threat as habitat loss, predation, or anything else to our continued ability to hunt. The rest of society is watching, and they will judge whether our community is a trustworthy group of stewards of the wildlife resource. And I don't mean WDFW. I mean us, the ones out there with gun or bow in hand. I think the vast majority of us are, but you might not know it by some opinions expressed.  And hunting has enemies who are all too happy to take advantage of whatever propaganda they are provided with, even if it is not representative of hunters at large.

And parenthetically, I too am frustrated by "slap on the wrist" punishment of poachers. We need to build the bandwidth in our legal system so that courts aren't so overwhelmed with non-wildlife cases that they can't address fish and wildlife crime.
Cage traps dont work on coyotes, and that is all that is legal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
Attitudes like some of those reflected in this thread are as much of a threat as habitat loss, predation, or anything else to our continued ability to hunt.

Gee, I wonder where rural people got the attitude laws can be ignored? Maybe if the government and leftist types would stop marginalizing laws they don't like (i.e. Immigration.) this attitude wouldn't be so prevalent.  :dunno:

Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 09:16:17 AM »
Attitudes like some of those reflected in this thread are as much of a threat as habitat loss, predation, or anything else to our continued ability to hunt.

Gee, I wonder where rural people got the attitude laws can be ignored? Maybe if the government and leftist types would stop marginalizing laws they don't like (i.e. Immigration.) this attitude wouldn't be so prevalent.  :dunno:

For many, ignoring game laws has been a "tradition" long before we started ignoring our immigration laws. I don't know about this specific case, but elkboy's point is well-taken - if you have the attitude that games laws are there to be broken, the North American Game Management Model ceases to exist.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 09:25:49 AM »
nothing yet in the Moses Lake paper.

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2020, 10:01:12 AM »

For many, ignoring game laws has been a "tradition" long before we started ignoring our immigration laws. I don't know about this specific case, but elkboy's point is well-taken - if you have the attitude that games laws are there to be broken, the North American Game Management Model ceases to exist.

"Tradition" for some, yes but never has the WDFW provided "sanctuary" to those that violate game laws thus encouraging it. Ignoring immigration laws will be the end of our country which is far more important than any "Game Management Model".

As for the "NAGMM".. It has changed from providing hunting opportunities for Americans to feeding predators for "bio-diversity". What is the difference between predators wiping out all the deer and elk and poachers doing the same. Either way hunters lose..

I notice nobody is very vocal when the "Wolf SSS" crowd talks about breaking the law. :twocents:

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »

"Tradition" for some, yes but never has the WDFW provided "sanctuary" to those that violate game laws thus encouraging it. Ignoring immigration laws will be the end of our country which is far more important than any "Game Management Model".

As for the "NAGMM".. It has changed from providing hunting opportunities for Americans to feeding predators for "bio-diversity". What is the difference between predators wiping out all the deer and elk and poachers doing the same. Either way hunters lose..

I notice nobody is very vocal when the "Wolf SSS" crowd talks about breaking the law. :twocents:

You're all over the place. You seem to be saying that because the predators are wiping out all the ungulates, poachers should be free to do the same and we should ignore the NAGMM. That's a ridiculous connection. The immigration thing really has nothing to do with this thread - off on a tangent. And, when people make posts about illegal activities, such as SSS for wolves in WA, they're warned that posts promoting illegal activities are against the forum rules. If you haven't seen them, you haven't been paying attention.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2020, 11:12:03 AM »
Might I remind people that the same exact law applies to mole traps. Every mole trap you set is potentially a Gross Misdemeanor.
Wonder why trappers get so upset about mole trapping. Everybody, LE and yes even this forum turn a blind eye to blatant illegal activity. There are threads on here with guys bragging about it.
If the law were enforced equally the law would have been changed long ago. The unequal enforcement took away our biggest bargaining chip for change in the law.
Result, trappers get hammered if we break the law, everybody else get a free pass.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
No, it's a simple concept and has been proven time and time again. When certain people are allowed to violate the laws they don't like, others feel justified to violate the ones they don't like.

As for game laws, I try not to violate any intentionally myself. However I won't give the State $94.00 to hunt animals that don't exist due to predators and mismanagement. The Department of Fish and Game worked for the benefit of my interest, hunting. The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife works for all users groups which is fine but will not get money from me to feed predators. The powers to be in this state are destroying hunting so why should I care how it happens? (Predators/Poachers) I don't!

:mgun2: was posted on this website numerous times when referencing wolves. Were they shooting rubber bullets? lol

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
The fact that some have advocated illegal activity doesn't make it right, doesn't make it representative of all of us, and doesn't make it the best way to go about addressing wildlife management challenges here or anywhere. 

Real change takes hard work, not a string of broken laws.  We will never get the changes that we might want as a hunting public if we don't spend some sweat in education, political activity, volunteerism.'

I'm not here to start fights, or come off as a higher-ground kind of guy.  Sorry if either is occurring.  I passionately care about hunting as conservation, as a strong tie to the land, as a source of food for a lot of us, and so much more.  I just want us to go about advocating for it in the best way possible, and for the rest of society to see us as responsible stewards of the resource we directly use. 

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
Might I remind people that the same exact law applies to mole traps. Every mole trap you set is potentially a Gross Misdemeanor.
Wonder why trappers get so upset about mole trapping. Everybody, LE and yes even this forum turn a blind eye to blatant illegal activity. There are threads on here with guys bragging about it.
If the law were enforced equally the law would have been changed long ago. The unequal enforcement took away our biggest bargaining chip for change in the law.
Result, trappers get hammered if we break the law, everybody else get a free pass.

:yeah: Pretty lawns, smooth golf greens and safe, smooth soccer fields are justification to violate the law by special people who are above the law.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2020, 12:00:46 PM »
"Plans recommended at any level of government are only true solutions if they are perceived to be beneficial to the recipients, and if they are based on our shared, common goals intended to bring Washington together around wolf issues."

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2019-12/final_inslee_gray_wolf_response_with_attachment_112719.pdf

Pman

The rule of law is important. I believe the last line from the Directors response to the Governor on wolves is recognition of this slippery slope.  Laws only have meaning when people believe in them. The widened disconnect on wolves WILL spread.  When the discontent spreads enough the rule of law will have no force.  At some point the heavy hand of $1k per illegal trap will be less of a deterrent and more of a justification for rebellion.  I  don't want this, and I know you don't either.  As long as the state ignores those effected by these bad laws the more it will fester until it implodes.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2020, 02:28:47 PM »
This is a legally caught coyote in Washington State, just a couple of years ago, in a padded foothold.  There are legal and effective ways to catch coyotes in Washington.  It's a complete pain in the @$$, but there are legal and effective ways to take care of the problem.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]