collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sled deck must haves  (Read 1149 times)

Offline elkaholic33

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Sled deck must haves
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »
Recently picked up a sled deck.  Looking at adding a dome light on underside for locating gear that will be packed under deck.

What are items that you have on your deck that you couldn't live without?  Factory or added.

Thanks,
Jasen

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Sled deck must haves
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »
My deck is pretty spartan, not much needed on it IMO

My requirements are

1) solid well built ramp with good slides to help line up the skis
2) traction cleats on the top of the ramp at the "break over" point, nothing sucks worse than a spinning track at the teeter totter point on the top of the ramp. 
3) extra tall front rack,  just in case your son gets too blippy on the throttle and lands on top of the cab of your truck busting out your brake light, your rear window and dents the roof of your truck  :bash:

My next deck I want to have lifts on each corner,  I want to be able to lift up the deck and drive out with the sleds still on the deck. (think slide in truck camper) 
I might have to make it home made, but the lifts will either detach or will swivel up out the way.    I don't need expandable sides if I have the lifts, as I won't leave the deck in the truck without the sleds on it.   

I also want a roll out storage drawer with lids under the sleds inside the deck.  Nothing to drip down into the storage bins and they pull out full length for helmets, gas etc etc

I also like the idea of the UTV decks where they have a portion that goes over the cab,  I could put kid size sleds up there or use it for a UTV, or kid size ATV... or it'll just protect the roof of the truck for blip happy guys loading sleds  :chuckle:

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »
"just in case your son gets too blippy on the throttle and lands on top of the cab of your truck"

I'm just gonna send it!!!!!
LOL

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:05:51 AM »
My deck is pretty spartan, not much needed on it IMO

My requirements are

1) solid well built ramp with good slides to help line up the skis
2) traction cleats on the top of the ramp at the "break over" point, nothing sucks worse than a spinning track at the teeter totter point on the top of the ramp. 
3) extra tall front rack,  just in case your son gets too blippy on the throttle and lands on top of the cab of your truck busting out your brake light, your rear window and dents the roof of your truck  :bash:

My next deck I want to have lifts on each corner,  I want to be able to lift up the deck and drive out with the sleds still on the deck. (think slide in truck camper) 
I might have to make it home made, but the lifts will either detach or will swivel up out the way.    I don't need expandable sides if I have the lifts, as I won't leave the deck in the truck without the sleds on it.   

I also want a roll out storage drawer with lids under the sleds inside the deck.  Nothing to drip down into the storage bins and they pull out full length for helmets, gas etc etc

I also like the idea of the UTV decks where they have a portion that goes over the cab,  I could put kid size sleds up there or use it for a UTV, or kid size ATV... or it'll just protect the roof of the truck for blip happy guys loading sleds  :chuckle:

This company makes what your talking about.👍

http://truckbossdecks.com/snow/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:18:34 AM by Boss .300 winmag »
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Yelper Guy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »
"just in case your son gets too blippy on the throttle and lands on top of the cab of your truck"

I did that years back in Idaho. My friends sled had a real sketchy throttle.
Loading up on the trailer, with the canopy lid of the truck in the open position, I managed to break out the canopy back window,
and put one of the ski tips through the underside of the aluminum canopy.
It nearly de-capitated me!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand