collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Montana paper licenses  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
Re: New Montana paper licenses
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:36 PM »
The electronic tag submission is a great idea, as long as you are in an area with service and don’t get stopped by a warden before it’s submitted.

Agree there are a lot of what if’s. They’ll just have to work out the kinks.

The paper Washington uses for tags/licenses works great.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 06:45:27 AM »

[/quote]

What about when the Washington paper gets wet or sits in pack or wallet too long and fades so bad u can't even read it . My elk tag last year was unreadable to a warden and in an area that was a special tag thank  God I had printed off receipt and and had that paper they emailed or ij would have been SOL  it's pretty common for it too happem.had it happen with punch cards and other portions of tags/licz

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 06:52:08 AM »

What about when the Washington paper gets wet or sits in pack or wallet too long and fades so bad u can't even read it . My elk tag last year was unreadable to a warden and in an area that was a special tag thank  God I had printed off receipt and and had that paper they emailed or ij would have been SOL  it's pretty common for it too happem.had it happen with punch cards and other portions of tags/licz
[/quote]

I was lucky I heard about other people having issues with the ink fading, so I checked mine. I caught it before my ink was completely illegible. I ended up literally writing “elk tag” or “bear tag” on the backs of the appropriate tags with Sharpie. No idea if that would have worked but what else are we supposed to do if the products provided to us to be legal and responsible fail so bad?

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 07:01:30 AM »
We had to print our license and permit for our Mtn goat hunt on kodiak last year. Week of the wettest I've ever been out hunting. After a week of being folded up in a cheapo sandwich ziplock and it still looked like a folded up piece of dry printer paper :chuckle: I think we are getting a bit doom and gloom here. It'll be ok. If you are super concerned about this, use a real top quality ziplock brand ziplock freezer bag.  Who is gonna be the first company to release a $100 high performance backcountry license ziplock :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline jowings22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 07:22:08 AM »
Or you could vacuum pack and seal the tag until you're ready to use it  :dunno:

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
We had to print our license and permit for our Mtn goat hunt on kodiak last year. Week of the wettest I've ever been out hunting. After a week of being folded up in a cheapo sandwich ziplock and it still looked like a folded up piece of dry printer paper :chuckle: I think we are getting a bit doom and gloom here. It'll be ok. If you are super concerned about this, use a real top quality ziplock brand ziplock freezer bag.  Who is gonna be the first company to release a $100 high performance backcountry license ziplock :chuckle:

I also have never had an issue with a tag of any kind in a freezer bag.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 07:56:12 AM »

my license and tag is always in a little sandwich bag that stays in my bino harness pouch. Never had an issue with it and have hunted in some pouring rain and dumping snow
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »

my license and tag is always in a little sandwich bag that stays in my bino harness pouch. Never had an issue with it and have hunted in some pouring rain and dumping snow
right. It's just really a non issue.  Have a little forethought in what a guy is doing.  I'm excited about eventually going paperless and punching tags on an app. Lot less to carry around. Though I'll be a bit sad because I do keep a lanyard of punched tags with a little scribble of what animal it was and if someone was with me.  Paperless would mean an end to that little tradition.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 08:08:06 AM »

You can get one here and support a site sponsor for only $15.

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,245688.0.html

I'm sure Sitka will come out with a high performance one for any "sitka fan boys".  :rolleyes:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »

You can get one here and support a site sponsor for only $15.

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,245688.0.html

I'm sure Sitka will come out with a high performance one for any "sitka fan boys".  :rolleyes:
I'm good with my lucky ziplock. Its survived 4-6 states worth of licenses a year for like 5 or 6 years  :chuckle:

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 08:43:27 AM »
I completely disagree.

I see no viable way around this and am therefore going to quit hunting.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 09:03:34 AM »
Karl and Dan-O, you both crack me up.

Back on topic, not only does this speed up the initial results by weeks I would assume this changes the deadline to purchase tags and gives the guys that don't draw a quicker turn around to buy returned tags.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]