collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Collared Washington wolf legally killed in Idaho  (Read 6172 times)

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
Re: Collared Washington wolf legally killed in Idaho
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 08:48:07 PM »
This is so awesome!!!!!! :IBCOOL:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »
Not really awesome.  Id much rather the non collared get killed.  When the collared get killed, they lose track of the packs, cant "confirm" breeding pairs, pups, pack sizes.  And thry spend ungodly amounts of money trying to collar more.  Last year they spent 3 or 4 days chasing the stranger pack around my neighborhood because just the one was collared and they wanted to collar another.  Helicopter and plane, several days.  Thsts a lot of money.  And they failed.  Shortly thereafter though they did manage to collar another.  Then the original one got killed on the res.  Now this one got killed.  Now theres no accounting for the remaining wolves. 

In sept 2018 they killed the collared male from the togo pack from a helicopter.  They had the chance to tranq his mate and collar here but said it was too risky because of the heat.  It was not hot out by any means.  Then numerous cattle depredations later, the kill order is on for the rest of the togos but there are no collars, so theyre still out running around.

This same brand of crap has gone down with the sherman and profanity packs in the past.  We need to save the collared ones for last.  Theyre the only ones i dont want getting lead poisoning.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »
Not really awesome.  Id much rather the non collared get killed.  When the collared get killed, they lose track of the packs, cant "confirm" breeding pairs, pups, pack sizes.  And thry spend ungodly amounts of money trying to collar more.  Last year they spent 3 or 4 days chasing the stranger pack around my neighborhood because just the one was collared and they wanted to collar another.  Helicopter and plane, several days.  Thsts a lot of money.  And they failed.  Shortly thereafter though they did manage to collar another.  Then the original one got killed on the res.  Now this one got killed.  Now theres no accounting for the remaining wolves. 

In sept 2018 they killed the collared male from the togo pack from a helicopter.  They had the chance to tranq his mate and collar here but said it was too risky because of the heat.  It was not hot out by any means.  Then numerous cattle depredations later, the kill order is on for the rest of the togos but there are no collars, so theyre still out running around.

This same brand of crap has gone down with the sherman and profanity packs in the past.  We need to save the collared ones for last.  Theyre the only ones i dont want getting lead poisoning.
I agree with this. I'm glad a wolf was legally killed, but those collared ones are quite valuable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:08:13 PM by 7mmfan »
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 10:24:48 AM »
Good riddance.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »
Even with accurate tracking/ data etc of collard wolves do you think the state will ever admit that they've reached their recovery goal. I personally don't think so. Granted there is some value to leaving a collard wolf alive, there is more value to it being dead...

And if the state gets wind that people are willing to let collard wolves walk, I can see them collaring more wolves.  :twocents:
Maybe I just don't trust this State enough anymore to generate an impartial opinion :dunno:

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »
Even with accurate tracking/ data etc of collard wolves do you think the state will ever admit that they've reached their recovery goal. I personally don't think so. Granted there is some value to leaving a collard wolf alive, there is more value to it being dead...

And if the state gets wind that people are willing to let collard wolves walk, I can see them collaring more wolves.  :twocents:
Maybe I just don't trust this State enough anymore to generate an impartial opinion :dunno:
Any type of power of authority admitting they made a mistake? Never. That then places doubt in the people who actually make the votes.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
I get the collar thing, but other than that I dont care who or how.........just that theyre killed.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »

Its not about the recovery goal.  I dont believe for a minute washington will ever delist.  Its about having a collared one in a pack so that when that pack reaches the depredation thresh hold for lethal removal the helicopters can get down to business.  Without the collared wolf alive, nothing gets done, even if lethal removal protocol is met and approved.  Just like the togo wolves.  Kill order was put on the pack, but the collared one got himself shot first.  So without a collared wolf its too easy for them to just say hey, we dont know where they are, guess we cant kill them, sorry. A collared wolf is a judas goat.  They need to die, but not until all their little buddies get whacked first.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:52:32 PM by Bango skank »

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »
I'm not positive how many there are, but I've heard WDFW does not have many wolves collared, now there is one less!

Collared Washington wolf legally killed in Idaho
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/jan/15/collared-washington-wolf-legally-killed-in-idaho/

We haven't seen any honesty from WDF&Wolves, from before first wolf pack in 70 years to date. This summer they collared two wolves in one of the Methow packs, from my understanding they don't tell the public.

Ran into a handful of folks in the Methow this past summer parked along side of a road, one guy was standing on a small hill about 50 yards away with a remote control device looking thing with a big antenna attached to it, I stopped and asked what they were doing, after stum-bumbling for a few seconds they said " Ahhh, tracking deer".......who really knows except them.

Offline O. Nerka

• Tracker
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
FWIW there are currently collared deer, coyote, bobcat and cougar as well as the wolves in the valley. I believe the predator-prey study has collars on all 5 species and there is a separate collar study being done by the DOT. I would assume they've only got deer collared.

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 09:41:36 AM »
I'm sure there are people who sees all of these lies and deception  and go about things accordingly. I'd like to see a wolf crammed down the throat
of each & every lieing POS that works on this illegal reintroduction of a mixed breed carnivor.

They were never here before, the ones that were here were exterminated for a reason. Then the smowflakes went through there 70 flower child stage and came in to power and ruined several decades of hard work in a short time.

I have no use for these glorified lieing welfare recipentents.

Just like invasive weeds, see one, snuff it out.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 02:36:36 PM »
Just so you know where your money is going for personalized license plates. "In addition, $10 per personalized license plate helps fund the management and conservation of wolves in Washington. These funds support activities such as monitoring wolves, preventing wolf-livestock conflicts, and compensating livestock owners for losses from wolf kills."

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 10:21:25 AM »
I'd like to see the paper work on that one.
Most likely transfered to the general fund and redirected for other unfundable projects.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2020, 11:55:44 AM »
Just so you know where your money is going for personalized license plates. "In addition, $10 per personalized license plate helps fund the Migration and Preservation of wolves in Washington.

Fixed it for you

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull