collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Seattle Sportsmen's Convention & Fundraiser -- February 29, 2020 in Lynnwood  (Read 13783 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
SCI is one of the best organizations in the state, nation, and world, for getting things done that benefit wildlife and hunters. It amazes me that anyone would seem upset that an organization is trying to improve hunter opportunity when there are so many forces trying to take away hunter opportunity? Thank you SCI for all that you do!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
looks like SCI is putting a lot of funds on the ground. I love it!
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
Looks like a fun night out for a pretty good cause... I'll have to look at the calendar...  :tup:

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
I would really like to make it this year.  Just curious, what is the conservation cash for?  What’s the difference between that and regular cash?

Thanks!

Offline MamaBear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: Seattle Sportsmen’s Conservation Foundation; Seattle Puget Sound SCI
Conservation Ca$h is just like cash at the event -- it can be used to purchase raffle tickets, participate in games, pay for live auction and silent auction items. It can't be used for purchases at the cash bar. The benefit is that when you pre-purchase Conservation Ca$h, you save $ on your dinner ticket price. For example, buy $250 in Conservation Ca$h and your dinner ticket is discounted by $25.  Buy $1,000 in Conservation Ca$h and your dinner is free. (And the Lynnwood Convention Center doesn't have an ATM, so it's also convenient in that case, too, although we will gladly take a credit card for any of the above!)

Hope you can join us this year!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
I believe conservation cash is money you purchase ahead of time at a discounted rate. You can use regular money there too. And plastic.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline MamaBear

• Pilgrim
Here's a sneak peek of one of the raffle items up for grabs at the 20th annual Seattle Sportsmen's Convention on February 29 at the Lynnwood Convention Center. Check out this Swarovski STX-95 with stay-on case, Manfrotto XPRO Fluid Two-Way tripod head, and Manfrotto 055 Carbon Fiber 3-section tripod! Value of $5,995!

Get your ticket soon! https://sscf.schoolauction.net/convention2020

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
Is the new life member raffle only for new life members or are all life members entered in the moose or 28 nosler drawing?
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline MamaBear

• Pilgrim
Is the new life member raffle only for new life members or are all life members entered in the moose or 28 nosler drawing?

Life membership to Seattle Sportsmen's Conservation Foundation is a new membership option that started in November 2019.  Anyone that has purchased a life membership for SSCF to-date (since we began offering it in November 2019) will be entered.

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
Seems crazy to me that people want to put money and effort into establishing pronghorn populations when we cant even keep our deer, elk or moose populations healthy.  We should put effort into managing what we already have, and worry about being successful at that, before we go adding more animals to the mix.  Hell, we cant even keep a stable whitetail herd, how sad is that?

Good point there Bango. And I would prefer Washington SCF over Seattle SCF.

Offline MamaBear

• Pilgrim
Seems crazy to me that people want to put money and effort into establishing pronghorn populations when we cant even keep our deer, elk or moose populations healthy.  We should put effort into managing what we already have, and worry about being successful at that, before we go adding more animals to the mix.  Hell, we cant even keep a stable whitetail herd, how sad is that?

If you reference my earlier post in this thread, you will see the list of funded projects over the past 20 years.  You will also see that most of those projects are not Antelope-specific and are not Seattle-based. 

While I am new to hunting and new to Hunt WA, I am not new to volunteering my time to the wildlife of our state. I find it discouraging that fellow hunters aren't able to simply see that we are trying to do good things for hunters in Washington, regardless of the species.  No harm, no foul if you don't want to attend or support a fundraiser where the funds raised stay here in Washington state.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters

If you reference my earlier post in this thread, you will see the list of funded projects over the past 20 years.  You will also see that most of those projects are not Antelope-specific and are not Seattle-based. 

While I am new to hunting and new to Hunt WA, I am not new to volunteering my time to the wildlife of our state. I find it discouraging that fellow hunters aren't able to simply see that we are trying to do good things for hunters in Washington, regardless of the species.  No harm, no foul if you don't want to attend or support a fundraiser where the funds raised stay here in Washington state.

The majority can see the good things that SCI is doing all over the state, I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to any of those projects, but the majority can see the good, thanks for keeping us informed on this great fundraising event.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
How is this not directly benefiting hunters and the image of hunters throughout Washington?  :dunno:

- Washington State Mountain Goat Surveys
 - Deer Hair Loss Studies
 - Hunters for the Hungry donations
 - Funding of hunts and fishing trips for veterans
 - Youth outdoor and educational programs
 - Mountain Goat relocation
 - Pronghorn Antelope re-introduction into eastern Washington

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman

I love what you guys do.  What’s more is that groups like yours provide valuable funding and research that actually helps WDFW, rather than the leftist groups who just drain WDFW with meaningless lawsuits.

Keep up the great work, please! :tup:

Offline MamaBear

• Pilgrim

I love what you guys do.  What’s more is that groups like yours provide valuable funding and research that actually helps WDFW, rather than the leftist groups who just drain WDFW with meaningless lawsuits.

Keep up the great work, please! :tup:

Thank you!  And we will!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]