collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ALERT - TAKE ACTION: Washington: Mag Ban & Other Bills Heading to Senate Floor  (Read 1562 times)

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
ALERT - TAKE ACTION: Washington: Mag Ban & Other Bills Heading to Senate Floor

Bills go through various steps to become law. We need to oppose the hideous, unwarranted anti-gun bills at every step as they make their way through the state legislature which is unfortunately very biased with anti-gun Democrats.

Please TAKE ACTION to protect your rights and freedoms by contacting your state Senator to OPPOSE SBs 6077, 6294, and 6288, and HB 1010; use the CLICK HERE TAKE ACTION link ( https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/7648 ) provided in the NRA-ILA ALERT email below.

Please TAKE ACTION and pass this on.

NOTE: The sponsors for all of the anti-gun bills listed in the NRA-ILA email ALERT are Democrats.

Thank you.

FYI:

How a Bill Becomes a Law ( http://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Bill2Law.aspx )
For more information, see Legislative Process Overview, Reed's Parliamentary Rules, and Civic Education Page.

1.   A bill may be introduced in either the Senate or House of Representatives by a member.
2.   It is referred to a committee for a hearing. The committee studies the bill and may hold public hearings on it. It can then pass, reject, or take no action on the bill.
3.   The committee report on the passed bill is read in open session of the House or Senate, and the bill is then referred to the Rules Committee.
4.   The Rules Committee can either place the bill on the second reading calendar for debate before the entire body, or take no action.
5.   At the second reading, a bill is subject to debate and amendment before being placed on the third reading calendar for final passage.
6.   After passing one house, the bill goes through the same procedure in the other house.
7.   If amendments are made in the other house, the first house must approve the changes.
8.   When the bill is accepted in both houses, it is signed by the respective leaders and sent to the governor.
9.   The governor signs the bill into law or may veto all or part of it. If the governor fails to act on the bill, it may become law without a signature.

From the NRA-ILA email ALERT:

Washington: Mag Ban & Other Bills Heading to Senate Floor

On January 23rd, the Washington Senate Law & Justice Committee approved three anti-gun bills, among them Senate Bill 6077 to ban most standard capacity magazines. These bills are now headed to the Rules Committee awaiting being pulled to the Senate floor. In addition, the House of Representatives passed House Bill 1010 to allow the state patrol to destroy confiscated firearms, clearing the way to send this bill to the Senate. Please contact your state Senator and urge them to OPPOSE SBs 6077, 6294, and 6288, and HB 1010.

CLICK HERE TAKE ACTION ( https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/7648 )

Senate Bill 6077 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=6077&Year=2019&Initiative=false ) bans the manufacture, possession, sale, transfer, etc. of standard capacity magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition. This measure is strongly supported by the Governor and the Attorney General.

Senate Bill 6294 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=6294&Initiative=false&Year=2019 )  imposes government red tape and expensive training requirements to obtain a Concealed Pistol License.

Senate Bill 6288 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=6288&Initiative=false&Year=2019 ) creates an Office of Firearm Violence Prevention within the executive branch of state government. Governor Jay Inslee and his administration have already made it clear where they stand on Second Amendment issues—they routinely sponsor and support gun ban legislation and initiatives designed to disarm law-abiding citizens. This office would be nothing more than a tax-payer funded lobby group with the sole purpose of eroding self-defense rights in Washington.

House Bill 1010 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1010&Initiative=false&Year=2019 ) passed the House by a vote of 56-42. It allows the Washington State Patrol to waste taxpayer dollars destroying confiscated firearms rather than sell them to raise funds.

Fortunately, the committee also approved Senate Bill 6406 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=6406&Initiative=false&Year=2019 ). As amended, it provides that the theft of a firearm from a residence, shop, sales outlet, or vehicle is a Class B Felony. This bill rightly focuses on the illegal actions of criminals, instead of targeting law abiding gun owners.

Again, please contact your state Senator and ask them to OPPOSE SBs 6077, 6294, and 6288, and HB 1010.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Got one reply from my comment sent in. He’s on our side, but unfortunately he’s out numbered.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Your voice is one of more than 400 I have heard from to-date about the ongoing attempts by some in Olympia to dilute our constitutional rights. There have been more than 200 bills related to firearms introduced in both the House and the Senate in the 2019-2020 biennium which deal with firearms in some capacity. While not every one of those bills is about taking away your 2nd Amendment rights, the sheer number of bills being considered on the subject is disturbing. While the attacks are relentless,  I continue to stand firm against these encroachments. Rest assured that I am a definite NO on any bill which attempts to regulate or diminish our rights.

Kind regards,

Senator Keith Wagoner

39th Legislative District

CDR USN (ret)

USNA '84
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
The Democrat majority is pushing these awful anti-gun bills through the system. I hope more people understand the importance of using the link to contact their Senators. The last check of this post showed only 88 people opened the post. If we don't get involved in fighting the political battles, then the anti-gun Democrat majority will gladly pass anti-gun laws that diminish our rights.

I emphasize "Democrat" because it is very important to understand which political party is doing this TO us.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
I’m also amazed more people aren’t contacting
The links sure make it a no brainer
The rally’s make the press
But email in droves would send a pretty strong message as well
Not a time to be silent
Gonna wake up and find out you need concealed carry training, background checks to buy ammo, and start looking for 10 round or less magazines to fit your weapon
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:03:19 PM by MADMAX »
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline the1rod

• lets hunt
  • Longhunter
Sent!  Well worth the half a minute it takes!  Let's keep sending more!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Griiz

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
So upset and losing trust in government with all the gun bills. Replied to my legislators. Thx for keeping us informed. Your friendly non-liberal school teacher.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
And a response from a senator that will be voting for every anti-gun bill that comes up; well at least he replied, or rather had his aide reply:

Thank you for contacting me about legislation dealing with firearms. It is important to me to hear from my constituents about the issues you care about most as we continue our work for the 2020 legislative session.

As the son, grandson and nephew of sportsmen, I believe in the right of law-abiding gun owners to keep and bear arms. I support the second amendment and responsible gun use. However, we must strike a balance by protecting individual rights while also ensuring the overall safety and security of our communities and public spaces.

I'm proud of the progress we've made in Washington State to protect our communities with common-sense gun legislation, such as enacting universal background checks. I do not believe universal background checks and other protections hinder gun rights - these are simple changes that help to ensure public safety. I also support improved access to mental health care to prevent tragedies like those we have seen in our state in the last several years. While we cannot stop all crime, we should take action where we can to help individuals get the treatment and support they need while also working to enact protections that will prevent them from doing grave harm to themselves or others.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact me with your support of our constitutional freedoms. It is essential for me to hear what folks have to say about the issues that affect them. I hope that you will stay in touch so that I can be a better advocate for our community. Feel free to contact me again should you have any more questions or concerns.

All my best, 
Marko

Offline bigskyhounds

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Thank you for posting this and making it easy for our voices to be heard. Email sent.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
And a response from a senator that will be voting for every anti-gun bill that comes up; well at least he replied, or rather had his aide reply:

Thank you for contacting me about legislation dealing with firearms. It is important to me to hear from my constituents about the issues you care about most as we continue our work for the 2020 legislative session.

As the son, grandson and nephew of sportsmen, I believe in the right of law-abiding gun owners to keep and bear arms. I support the second amendment and responsible gun use. However, we must strike a balance by protecting individual rights while also ensuring the overall safety and security of our communities and public spaces.

I'm proud of the progress we've made in Washington State to protect our communities with common-sense gun legislation, such as enacting universal background checks. I do not believe universal background checks and other protections hinder gun rights - these are simple changes that help to ensure public safety. I also support improved access to mental health care to prevent tragedies like those we have seen in our state in the last several years. While we cannot stop all crime, we should take action where we can to help individuals get the treatment and support they need while also working to enact protections that will prevent them from doing grave harm to themselves or others.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact me with your support of our constitutional freedoms. It is essential for me to hear what folks have to say about the issues that affect them. I hope that you will stay in touch so that I can be a better advocate for our community. Feel free to contact me again should you have any more questions or concerns.

All my best, 
Marko

That doesn't sound like a reply that says he's voting for every anti gun bill to me!  :dunno:

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt

All my best, 
Marko

That doesn't sound like a reply that says he's voting for every anti gun bill to me!  :dunno:

Well, I hope I’m wrong but I know him and expect these 4 bills will fall under what he calls “common-sense gun legislation”.  We will see, voting records are public records.

Offline HillHound

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
 I made sure to respond using my email, my wife’s email, as well as our work email. Got to get my word out there as much as possible. If we don’t soon taking your gun out to target practice is probably going to rival taking an airplane up. Going to have to call and check if there’s clearance, make sure there’s not too many others out,  make sure none of your training, endorsements have expired yet, etc. We all need to act because this is the time that the ones who don’t act might as well be on the side of the ones that want to take our guns.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]