collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Predator Management in Roosevelt 133  (Read 5666 times)

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Predator Management in Roosevelt 133
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »
Anyone know how close 133 is to closing?

Offline GASoline71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »
Anyone know how close 133 is to closing?

133 has no harvest guideline as its one of the GMU's where there are an overabundance of cats.

We have a small lot north of Wilbur and the community we live in is inundated with cats.  We're doing our part to try and lower the population.  ;)

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »
Any pictures Gary

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 06:47:20 AM »
Sorry, but we don't.  We've only had the place for 2 years and am now just getting in to going after cats.  So far our trail cams and the "Ring" doorbell we've only had out recently havent shown anything yet.  There was a mule deer kill only 100 yards from our place last fall that was a mountain lion kill.  I have a few pics of that and some of the tracks around the house, but they are on my old phone.

Hoping to get something off the game camera soon.  We need to head out and set up a few more away from the house.  I am trying to get permission to hunt the private property that is wooded that lies between us and all the wheat fields.  Which is the main problem here.  EVERYTHING is private property but some small tracts of state or BLM land.  And I mean small.

Gary 
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
Way to many cats in that unit. Deer population declining and there getting some of the bighorns as well. Good luck on your quest :tup: I have killed 2 in that unit and seen a lot of them over the years
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal