collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho elk 2020 Weiser or Tex creek  (Read 1737 times)

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Idaho elk 2020 Weiser or Tex creek
« on: January 29, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
Hey all! As many of you know i was able to hunt out of state in Idaho for my first time out of Washington last year. I was able to harvest a nice 4x4 mule deer. This year i am 22 years old and looking for another great experience! I’m looking to hunt out of state again and looking at Idaho elk. I’m currently interested in purchasing a tag in either the Weiser river zone, or the tex creek zone. I was looking for input from anyone on either zone? Anyways thanks for the info! Feel free to message. I’d love to talk about my experience with 2019 Idaho deer! Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
Re: Idaho elk 2020 Weiser or Tex creek
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »
Also interested in other zones and suggestions ! Thanks in advance

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:46:54 PM »
You're not giving us much to work with. What sort of country do you want to hunt? What weapon? Hunting from a vehicle or out of a backpack?...

I'd opt for the Weiser river zone between the 2. I like the high ruff country and there's more of it there than in the Tex creek zone.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
You're not giving us much to work with. What sort of country do you want to hunt? What weapon? Hunting from a vehicle or out of a backpack?...

I'd opt for the Weiser river zone between the 2. I like the high ruff country and there's more of it there than in the Tex creek zone.

I am planning to hunt with a rifle. And out of a pack backcountry style. Restock at the truck in about 4-5 days. Just attempting to see some elk and have an okay shot at filling a tag with hard work!

Offline AlpineMuley

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
I have hunted weiser for chukar with in view of the big river below and bump many elk.  I have always bumped into small herbs of elk, maybe 5-6 cows and a bull. 

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 04:02:19 PM »
I don't think your going to get a ton of info on Idaho elk these days ..they are everywhere you find them.. most guys have their go to Idaho elk spots and don't want to share Intel. I've hunted all over Idaho from Boise north and see elk wherever I go. So my advice is just roll the dice, pick a zone and get to know it really well. Take some summer scouting trips and get dialed in for the season. Don't expect to harvest your first season, use it to lay out the groundwork for several successful seasons to follow. :twocents:

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
I don't think your going to get a ton of info on Idaho elk these days ..they are everywhere you find them.. most guys have their go to Idaho elk spots and don't want to share Intel. I've hunted all over Idaho from Boise north and see elk wherever I go. So my advice is just roll the dice, pick a zone and get to know it really well. Take some summer scouting trips and get dialed in for the season. Don't expect to harvest your first season, use it to lay out the groundwork for several successful seasons to follow. :twocents:

I completely understand that! Can’t blame guys at all for hiding hard earned spots! I was just looking for a justification to go one way or another! I’ve seen elk in many units but i really liked these seasons. I will for sure buy a tag either or and give it all i got!

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »
Easy to find elk in Idaho with a little research and a scouting trip or two. No reason at all you cannot have success in your first season there if you do your homework ahead of time. My  :twocents:

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »
Done a ton of research. Trying to narrow it down cause it really all looks good. I will and have the state!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal