collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2015 Chevy window leak?  (Read 3293 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2015 Chevy window leak?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 12:21:10 PM »
Sealed it. But I think the water must have shorted out a fuse. My dome lights won’t come on when I open the door and the driver brake light and blinker don’t work. I checked the fuses in the engine compartment will check the ones in the door panel tonight.? Has that happened to you to?

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
Ok had the window shop test the windows all is good. I’m not a mechanic so if the heater core is leaking on the passenger side would it smell like antifreeze?
I took the lower panel out and lifted up the carpet. It is all wet under passenger side. Coming from the fire wall. I soaked up the water in the carpet and padding

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 10:33:30 AM »
I've never seen the 2015, but most heater cores operate by diverting some or all of the coolant through the firewall and heater core and there is a water to air heat exchanger that takes heat from the coolant and pushes hot air into the cabin.

When I have heard water or gurgles in the cabin it is because of this section of coolant line that goes through the firewall and you hear bubbles or air in the line which sounds like running water or gurgles.

If it leaks, it leaks coolant and you would see and possibly smell the slightly sweet smell.

I also had a Suburban with a leak in the windshield that ended up puddling under the carpet on the passenger side.  I never saw any water anywhere except under the carpet, but after crossing everything else off the list we replaced the windshield and dry as a bone since. 

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 10:51:19 AM »
Ok had the window shop test the windows all is good. I’m not a mechanic so if the heater core is leaking on the passenger side would it smell like antifreeze?
I took the lower panel out and lifted up the carpet. It is all wet under passenger side. Coming from the fire wall. I soaked up the water in the carpet and padding

Yes you should be able to smell it and when you turn the defrost on the windshield will likely fog up.  At least mine did.

Offline nwmein199

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »

So are you saying you sealed the leak at the shark fin and you still have leaking but on the passenger side of the truck? Was it always leaking on the passenger side only?

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
The passenger side is very wet. I have it in the shop as I type

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 04:30:48 PM »
The passenger side is very wet. I have it in the shop as I type
Drill a hole in the floor, problem solved  :chuckle:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Shaqdiesel

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 07:18:04 PM »
When I had a faulty door seal on my front passenger side, we found it with one person inside the truck and the other spraying a hose on the roof. I had discovered a wet floor when vacuuming the truck under the floor mat and went from there. 2011 Sierra
60% of the time, it works every time.

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2020, 07:31:02 PM »
Those trucks are notorious for leaking from the OnStar antenna...

Offline Black Ghost

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
    • Bears Den
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »
I had dealership fix and reseal the original sharkfin twice.  Each time the problem returned within a year.  I just had the dealership replace the shark fin with new design.  GM takes little to no ownership for this problem. I have the 2015 duramax 3500 and water was pooling on passenger floor board, lost all navigation feature.  I am satisfied this time it is fixed., but time will tell. The small gap that was  in back of the original fin is now replaced with a solid gasket seal.  Dealership charged me $550 for replacement and installation.  Any silicone temp fix will not have long lasting impact, replace it and save yourself the future headaches.  I feel your pain, love this truck but cant believe they dont do a recall and fix this problem without putting the financial responsibility to loyal customers.

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 08:36:51 AM »
The shop looked at my truck. Not the heater core. He said water is getting in somewhere in the seam in the firewall? Told me to take it to a body shop and have them take the fender off and look at the seam. There was some pine needles in the dash. This crap is driving me nuts.!!
I have the carpet up and drying it out during the nice weather

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand