collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: West side Ford Dealer  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Jakobv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: West side Ford Dealer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
Nick ford is #1 ford dealer in Washington, have had nothing but good luck with them in the past, from parts to service and sales, great friendly staff there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
 If you plan on keeping it for a long time, I’d go to Sunset. Lifetime warranty removes a lot of anxiety. :twocents:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 08:34:45 AM »
Nick ford is #1 ford dealer in Washington, have had nothing but good luck with them in the past, from parts to service and sales, great friendly staff there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean Bickford?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »
If you plan on keeping it for a long time, I’d go to Sunset. Lifetime warranty removes a lot of anxiety. :twocents:

I'd be ultra clear on the terms of that when you buy. What I mean is, I'd almost guarantee it's only good at that location. Also know that it's only a powertrain warranty. There is no such thing as a lifetime powertrain warranty from Ford. I can tell you for sure that unless their lifetime powertrain warranty is through a 3rd party service contract company, I would not honor it here. For sure I've never dealt with one of them in 8 years with Ford.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline dog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: dog
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 08:44:09 AM »
Bickford

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 08:52:48 AM »
Buy the truck,
Buy the extended warranty to cover all the electronics,
and
Drive down the road.

Where you buy it don't mean squat if you paid what you wanted to pay.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
I bought/leased a couple of Fords from the Issaquah dealer.  All Ford dealers hate me because of the grandpa's ancient Z plan, but the Issaquah folks at least treated me well.  Some Ford dealers get angry at me for it, but the Issaquah dealer were nice and took it in stride.   They've been great for all my service needs too. 

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 12:20:00 PM »

From what I've seen you pay for the warranty in the price of the truck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:06:10 PM by HntnFsh »

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
Nothing is free....

Offline bhawley76

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 12:30:36 PM »
I bought a truck at Ford of Bellevue because a buddy of mine works there, I had no complaints.

Offline npaull

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »
I had a great experience at Mullinax Ford in Olympia. Mike Murphy was my guy and he was fantastic to work with.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 01:14:24 PM »
I bought/leased a couple of Fords from the Issaquah dealer.  All Ford dealers hate me because of the grandpa's ancient Z plan, but the Issaquah folks at least treated me well.  Some Ford dealers get angry at me for it, but the Issaquah dealer were nice and took it in stride.   They've been great for all my service needs too. 

Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee.
It is $100 less than what I can get as a non-retiree dealership employee. We can give out 4 pin #'s per year to whoever we want. It's not that big of a deal. Not sure why anyone would be upset about it. Dealers don't make hardly any money on new car sales anyway.  It's all about the volume.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »

Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee.
It is $100 less than what I can get as a non-retiree dealership employee. We can give out 4 pin #'s per year to whoever we want. It's not that big of a deal. Not sure why anyone would be upset about it. Dealers don't make hardly any money on new car sales anyway.  It's all about the volume.

Nope.  You're referring to the current plan.  I'm grandfathered into the plan from when my wife's grandfather retired almost 40 years ago.  And no dealers can't decide who to give this one to, they have to honor it...Ford makes them (I know as Grandma had to get Ford corporate to call a dealer once).  It's pretty rare, which is why you're not aware of it but yes Ford still honors that old plan.   Which is why dealers get pissed.  Grandma is 98 and it dies with her.  So I'm pretty much done using it. 

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »
Port Orchard and Bremerton. Can't think of the names though. :bash:

Parr Ford is in Bremerton.

I had a horrible experience with Sound Ford? in Renton.
In 1990  I was 28, I lived in Silverdale. I first went to Parr Ford and ask them if they could beat Sound Ford’s advertiser price? The manager was honest, he said no, they sell three times our volume. So I drove to Renton.
I walked in with $16k cash in my pocket to look at their Ford Probe and Mazda MX6. The idiot salesman was bound and determined to convince me I could not afford either, and wanted me to buy a Mazda 323. He kept saying “unless you have a serious trade in, you won’t be able to afford the payments.” We had not even discussed my income or what I could afford. I was not going to tell him I was going to pay cash. I finally got pissed and asked for a different salesman. He has stupidity to yell “if you aren’t going to be serious, we can’t help you” and waves me off.
I drove back to Parr and talked to the same guy I spoke to earlier. I told him what I wanted, and to give me his best price so I did not have to go back to Sound Ford.
He got within $200 of Sound Fords advertisement, and then added an extension of the Mazda 3/50 warranty to 6/100 bumper to bumper.
I drove my new MX6 GT home.
Swore never to set foot in Sound Ford again.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2020, 07:20:52 PM »
Port Orchard and Bremerton. Can't think of the names though. :bash:

Parr Ford is in Bremerton.

There’s no Parr ford anymore. It’s west hills Ford after it was sold to the haselwood group. Service is beyond crappy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]