collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6.5 Ruger Creed  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: 6.5 Ruger Creed
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »
Dang karl, thats what I’d call pet load, game over🤑 I’ll look into the trigger guys thanks for the tip.
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:39 PM »
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/1000-yards-500-rifle-rugers-american-predator/

On The Range

I had about 500 yards to play with, and a series of 5” plates hanging at the base of the berm. I had about 30 rounds of Hornady left, so I decided to get the barrel hot and see if would retain its accuracy. At 300 yards, I began whacking plates. I manipulated the bolt and transitioning to another plate.   About 20 rounds later, the gun still couldn’t miss, so I backed up to 500 yards and got the same results with my last 10 rounds.

A few days later I taught a long range hunting class and let eight different shooters put rounds through the Predator at 400 yards. Everyone remarked how light and how soft shooting the rifle was. Some of the shooters had some very expensive rifles and scopes at the class. One such student remarked that he paid a couple thousand dollars to get his rifle to be able to do what the Predator was doing out of the box.

After seeing my buddy's shoot.........
That's exactly why I have one now.
They just plain shoot.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/1000-yards-500-rifle-rugers-american-predator/

On The Range

I had about 500 yards to play with, and a series of 5” plates hanging at the base of the berm. I had about 30 rounds of Hornady left, so I decided to get the barrel hot and see if would retain its accuracy. At 300 yards, I began whacking plates. I manipulated the bolt and transitioning to another plate.   About 20 rounds later, the gun still couldn’t miss, so I backed up to 500 yards and got the same results with my last 10 rounds.

A few days later I taught a long range hunting class and let eight different shooters put rounds through the Predator at 400 yards. Everyone remarked how light and how soft shooting the rifle was. Some of the shooters had some very expensive rifles and scopes at the class. One such student remarked that he paid a couple thousand dollars to get his rifle to be able to do what the Predator was doing out of the box.

After seeing my buddy's shoot.........
That's exactly why I have one now.
They just plain shoot.

Pretty good write up about it, that is just a piece of it. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »
I'm beginning to think we need a Ruger 6.5 shooting comp.... :chuckle:

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »
Pretty good budget rifle. First time at the range this year with my brother's rifle shooting handloads. Too bad there's no room to play with seating depth.

Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 09:39:57 AM »
I can get my Ruger American 7-08 under 1" with Hornady Whitetail 139g.

No custom work.

Offline doubletall

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 11:12:46 AM »
I heard Ruger has acknowledged the problem and will send you an upgrade for free.

I would give em a call.

I called Ruger and had a new one on my porch in a couple days.

Offline sjhgraysage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2020, 07:50:56 PM »
Has any one tried putting one in the Bell & Carlson aftermarket stock?
I know it costs nearly as much as the gun, but the factory stock seems flimsy.
My son picked up a used RA in 6.5 Creedmoor,  we has only tried shooting ot once, but it acts like it will shoot. I think the trigger spring upgrade will help a bunch 

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »
Has any one tried putting one in the Bell & Carlson aftermarket stock?
I know it costs nearly as much as the gun, but the factory stock seems flimsy.
My son picked up a used RA in 6.5 Creedmoor,  we has only tried shooting ot once, but it acts like it will shoot. I think the trigger spring upgrade will help a bunch
I've been thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 08:37:23 PM »
MDT makes a chassis for them. 1.4lb. B&C makes a good stock though. It would be a solid improvement. I dropped mine in a magpul hunter to add some weight and to have the flexibility to change LOP for when the kids come shoot.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
MDT makes a chassis for them. 1.4lb. B&C makes a good stock though. It would be a solid improvement. I dropped mine in a magpul hunter to add some weight and to have the flexibility to change LOP for when the kids come shoot.
I was looking at those chassis. I think I like them but I don't know. I might be too much of a fudd. I like the look of a traditional bolt gun. But I also love AR's. I guess it would be like if an AR and a bolt gun had a love child in my safe. Plus I would be getting rid of the POS rotary magazine.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2020, 10:34:36 AM »
I think you have me talked into the MDT. How heavy is the magpul stock? I didn't really consider it because it looks heavy. Do you pack it around or is it a target/truck  gun? I don't know why I'm so worried about the weight of my deer rifles, my brush gun for elk is a Remington 700 Sendero. 🤣

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »
I think you have me talked into the MDT. How heavy is the magpul stock? I didn't really consider it because it looks heavy. Do you pack it around or is it a target/truck  gun? I don't know why I'm so worried about the weight of my deer rifles, my brush gun for elk is a Remington 700 Sendero. 🤣

magpul is HEAVY. 4lb I think? The gun finished with a zeiss v4 is 11lb.  This RA was just something I picked up while waiting for a rebarrel to get done but it's a fun little rifle.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »

magpul is HEAVY. 4lb I think? The gun finished with a zeiss v4 is 11lb.  This RA was just something I picked up while waiting for a rebarrel to get done but it's a fun little rifle.
Yeah, that's heavier than I want to pack around mulie country. Bet it makes it nice for target practice though.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »

Keep in mind that the listed weight for the mdt is without a buttstock or pistol grip. By the time you add those it can get expensive and pretty heavy. That lss fore end is very short also

Another option is oryx chassis. It’s $400 all in and comes complete.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]