collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rbros "Basecamp Rifle Package"  (Read 5191 times)

Offline xXLojackXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Rbros "Basecamp Rifle Package"
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »
No other gunsmith I know also gives out test targets with specific load data (saving the buyer a lot of time, money and barrel life figuring out load development).

Travis does great work and builds a he11 of a good rifle.  I don't know him personally and he has never built me anything, but I've talked to him a few different times over the years and he always treated me the same as if I were a long standing customer.  I appreciate people like that and if it weren't for Defensive Edge only being 25-30 minutes from my front door, Travis would be my "go to" guy.

Not to short Travis in any way, but there are a few other "smiths" that do the same thing.  Every build DE has done for me I tell Shawn what bullet,powder, primer, and case I'll be using and he works up a load with those components and that's the load he will use to accuracy test the rifle with, then I get the target and load.  I think gunsmiths that have 100yd ranges right at their shop generally do this.  It's really nice to have a load you know shoots well that you can default back to.

You sir are correct. Carlock does the same thing. Just so happens that he and travis are close friends.

Offline mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 06:10:43 PM »
The group, or proof, is also not fired from a bench at a cozy range. My next caliber to be will be one of his base packages. Already have a 7 rem mag and couldn't be happier.
👍
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »
Mine shoots under .5 MOA, accuracy isn't an issue with his rifles  :tup:

Offline rudysts

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 10:00:02 PM »
What's the wait time for this build.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 11:13:52 PM »
I think he's several months out on this package. I've been toying with the idea of picking one up, but I don't really want any of the calibers he is offering this rifle in.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 05:19:33 AM »
Do you have to provide the donor 700 action or does he?

Offline hogslayer

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Bloody decks
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 08:15:38 PM »
I am curious what barrel company is being used.  "Match grade SS" doesn't carry much weight when considering the options out there. 

Offline mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 09:36:26 PM »
I am curious what barrel company is being used.  "Match grade SS" doesn't carry much weight when considering the options out there. 
Curious also..

No matter who you buy a rifle from with an accuracy guarantee .......inquire as to the details of the guarantee.

Come on now, they're all guaranteed to shoot sub 1/2 MOA with a custom load when shot in a climate controlled shooting tunnel by a world champion shooter. It's right there in the fine print. :chuckle:

That said, I've never seen an Rbros rifle that didn't shoot well.

Copy/paste from their website:
Accuracy and Function
Accuracy and Function Guarantee what you can expect from my rifles
Each build is broken in and test fired under field conditions. This means with a bipod and prone on the ground. The rifles aren’t bench guns, so why would we test them that way? I, Travis Redell, personally test all rifles under real world conditions out in the open environment. Some might think this is crude, but I want to make sure that you never have any problems under field conditions. Customers receive a test target, dummy round and load data along with the rifles. This is why I am able to guarantee, without a doubt, that your rifle will shoot .5 moa or less, with sub ¼ moa being the norm, as fired by myself during the barrel break in. This is at no additional charge to the customer.
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal