collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2020-21 Hunting Season Comments to WDFW  (Read 10378 times)

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2020-21 Hunting Season Comments to WDFW
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
124 is the way it is because inland empire timber company has tremendous influence with wdfw and if they could have it their way thered be no ungulates on their property.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
There is absolutely no antlerless whitetail harvest of any sort whatsoever in ne wa 2019.  No special permits, no general, no disabled, youth or senior.  Nothing.

Well I don't apply for antlerless but I have heard of people going over to 124 for youth or disabled modern. In fact I think it's a really bad idea to have a single area like 124 be any deer for so many groups because of border cheating.

Anyways back to the main point which is that I don't think archers would go for something like 4 pt min without adding antlerless in at least some areas.

Personally I'd be fine with getting rid of any buck everywhere but I think there would be pushback unless you gave them something in return.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »
There is absolutely no antlerless whitetail harvest of any sort whatsoever in ne wa 2019.  No special permits, no general, no disabled, youth or senior.  Nothing.

Well I don't apply for antlerless but I have heard of people going over to 124 for youth or disabled modern. In fact I think it's a really bad idea to have a single area like 124 be any deer for so many groups because of border cheating.

Anyways back to the main point which is that I don't think archers would go for something like 4 pt min without adding antlerless in at least some areas.

Personally I'd be fine with getting rid of any buck everywhere but I think there would be pushback unless you gave them something in return.

Most peopl ed who live here, and everybody that i know, wants the 4pt min back, but not just in 121 and 117, everybody wants it regionwide.  The guys who live here saw how beneficial it was when we had it for 4 years in 121 and 117.  Its pretty universally supported by stevens, ferry and pend orielle county residents.  Its mostly out of towners who oppose it, the same guys ive talked about that if they strike out during muley season, they want to be able to come over during the rut and shoot the first little yearling they see.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »

Most peopl ed who live here, and everybody that i know, wants the 4pt min back, but not just in 121 and 117, everybody wants it regionwide.  The guys who live here saw how beneficial it was when we had it for 4 years in 121 and 117.  Its pretty universally supported by stevens, ferry and pend orielle county residents.  Its mostly out of towners who oppose it, the same guys ive talked about that if they strike out during muley season, they want to be able to come over during the rut and shoot the first little yearling they see.

If it were me I would be pushing for increased quotas on cats. You of all folks know how many there are around so unless you want to be left chasing your tail... I think that is the point the needs driving home with the department.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »

If it were me I would be pushing for increased quotas on cats. You of all folks know how many there are around so unless you want to be left chasing your tail... I think that is the point the needs driving home with the department.

Yeah, that is being pushed for, and hss been for some time.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »

Yeah, that is being pushed for, and hss been for some time.

I guess my point is, that if you throw in a change up it provides another variable in the data that can be used to dismiss the problems with predators. I dont hunt that area, but IMO 4 point only meas there will be more small deer to feed the predators.  :twocents: :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »
Well i dont think allowing mf rut any buck slaughter of yearlings is the answer.  2018 harvest reports, of people who actually completed reports, 1993 bucks killed that would be sub legal under 4pt apr.  So 3000+ yearling bucks and does that year.  And even after hunters killing all those, the lions are still going to be killing deer.  But im not going to get into a pissing match of why aprs are good or bad, weve all hashed that out before, and nobody changes anybodys minds.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2020, 08:36:52 PM »
I guess my point is, that if you throw in a change up it provides another variable in the data that can be used to dismiss the problems with predators. I dont hunt that area, but IMO 4 point only meas there will be more small deer to feed the predators.  :twocents: :twocents:

The cougars don't care about how big the deer are. They will sit in a tree and jump on any deer that walks by. The bigger cats will go after elk and even moose.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]