collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho passes year around wolf hunting  (Read 8591 times)

Offline BKMFR

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSF-Life member, F4WM, ITA, RMEF, MDF, ABF-Life member
Re: Idaho passes year around wolf hunting
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 03:37:44 PM »
We are screwed in Washington, no kiss, no nothing, just take it! The idiot that is sitting in the Governors seat is our number 1 enemy, until we change the minds of the people that keep voting him and the likes of him in office, we will continue to get screwed.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 05:55:17 PM »
Interesting. If I read the maps correctly I wonder why they didn't make a year-round season on public land in the Lolo zone (units 10 and 12).

Well it is only closed during the month of july, so you still have an 11 month season to fill your 30 tags, which is a little bit better than what we have here.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
Does that kind of hunting pressure push them to areas with less pressure, like WA for example?
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »
Does that kind of hunting pressure push them to areas with less pressure, like WA for example?

I dont see that happening.  Tons of rugged country over there where they wont be bothered much, and i doubt very many people are out there hunting wolves year round.  A small number of dedicated hunters maybe, certainly not enough to run wolves out of the state, and theyre only going to be so effective.  If i can fill one wolf tag this year ill be thrilled.  Probably wont, but im going to try.  And if i do get lucky and fill both my tags, ill buy more.

Id think if anything, the more wolves there are getting killed in idaho, the less we will have coming our way.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:44:35 AM by Bango skank »

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »
One disturbing thing in the article is that among idaho residents, 55% supported this, 45% opposed.  A few more years of california refugees will likely swing public sentiment the wrong way.  Theyre close to the tipping point.

Online WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 08:36:26 PM »
One disturbing thing in the article is that among idaho residents, 55% supported this, 45% opposed.  A few more years of california refugees will likely swing public sentiment the wrong way.  Theyre close to the tipping point.

Yep.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 03:37:42 AM »

This is true, but of that 45% I'll bet most of them are from a few isolated areas.  Hopefully that'll help keep their political pressure from growing too much.  Also, the wolf huggers are more likely to send in comments than the wolf hunters. 

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2020, 03:55:15 AM »

This is true, but of that 45% I'll bet most of them are from a few isolated areas.  Hopefully that'll help keep their political pressure from growing too much.  Also, the wolf huggers are more likely to send in comments than the wolf hunters.

Yeah, and thats a problem.  Hunters need to weigh in more often so these public surveys dont end up with the anti crowd showing majority response.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 09:02:22 AM »
One big issue being overlooked is the F4WM, with their reimbursements there will be hunters in the woods if season is open. Bango, if you don't already belong, you should send in $35 and join before you go on your Idaho hunt. In my mind, F4WM is making the most positive impact on wolves and that lessens the overall population and the number of wolves that need to come to WA for room to fit in.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »
One big issue being overlooked is the F4WM, with their reimbursements there will be hunters in the woods if season is open. Bango, if you don't already belong, you should send in $35 and join before you go on your Idaho hunt. In my mind, F4WM is making the most positive impact on wolves and that lessens the overall population and the number of wolves that need to come to WA for room to fit in.

:yeah:

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2020, 09:31:38 AM »
We have noticed a sharp increase in wolf hunters and wolf trappers in Idaho the last three years, with more activity each year. Wolves are very smart and getting smarter all the time, I'm still not sure we are taking as many as are being born every year.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »

Been meaning to do so, did it this morning.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 12:29:53 AM »

With 18+ years of no wolf control to speak of in WA, it seems like WA will be feeding Idaho with wolves. We know WDFW have lied on the wolf numbers since day one.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »
Already happening, WA wolves are often taken in Idaho, and thank you very much

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal