collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: anyone try the lucky duck e-callers?  (Read 5289 times)

Offline davef

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
anyone try the lucky duck e-callers?
« on: February 21, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
been thinking of getting the revolt but waiting for my foxpro to sell first. looking for any info out there. all i can find is positive besides the price.

Offline Weehunt66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA
Re: anyone try the lucky duck e-callers?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 08:43:12 PM »
I purchased the Riot last year. I've had some success using it. The sounds work well. Control takes a little getting used to. It does seem to use batteries (thinking about getting the rechargeable battery pack).
I did have it get stupid twice this last year. Once the selection played the wrong sounds. The second time the caller started playing multiple sounds at once. The instructions say to remove the batteries from both controller and call.... seemed to fix it. If that keeps happening I might rethink how much I like it...…

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:01:13 PM »
My dad got the revolt a few months ago. It seems nice, sounds great, gets loud, and the spinning aspect makes it very realistic. His is gonna have to take a trip back to the factory to fix a charging port that broke loose, but it didnt affect the usage any. Just made us pull the batteries out to charge them.

The rechargeable battery packs are a must imho. The rest will eat through AA'S way to fast.

I'm going to end up buying one eventually too. Hoping the price comes down some as they age!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 10:31:21 PM »
I got the Rebel. I'm really happy with it for $120. It's easy on the batteries. I went all last season without changing the batteries.

Offline davef

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 12:01:12 AM »
i keep seeing that the batteries go quick and the pack solves that but the only place i can find the pack in stock is through rick at verminator and he wants $100 for it. where i come from thats a lot for batteries.
maybe i should just upgrade my foxpro...

how about size? is it bulky? how are you guys carrying it? bag or pack? i hate lugging around a bunch of stuff, thats what kinda got me on it to begin with its all one package and it rotated. 2 for 1 plus everyone said the sounds were great.

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, NWTF, RMEF, MDF, VFW, USAF
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 08:13:58 AM »
I have the Rebel, $120 call.  I've gotten many responses to howls, but have yet to have anything come in.  At highest volume, call has some static or speaker may be bad? Wish I would have put the money towards a Revolt for sure. The revolt rotates and can make it sound as if the sound is moving, the rebel does not. Coyotes rarely stay stationary and call.
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 09:13:47 AM »
We got the batteries on sale for under 80$, but as often as it's used, I think we already are in the green cost wise.

Backpack works well for carrying it. Started out using an old alice pack. Just recently got a turkey seat setup that has a bag. Wears like a backpack, gives a backrest and seat pad when on stand. Pretty slick setup

Offline davef

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »
well i ordered the revolt late last night and it shipped early this morning and should have it Friday. found the battery pack at sportsmans in Wenatchee for 90 and got that ordered only to find out its in store pickup only so called them and spoke to a nice lady who said she would ship it to me for free even though they aren't supposed to so pretty happy there.
if it comes in early enough friday ill try to make a few stands local and see what happens.
i think ill just get a cheap cabelas bag and try that out for packing it around.

Offline 70sdiver

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 06:03:13 AM »
Get a lanyard to hang the controller from your neck.We actually called 2 dogs with it the first couple times out and harvested one with a load of #4 buck.On the revolt we have the controls are easy to use.Just be ready it’s loud at max volume lol.

Offline Daman9091233

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Late starter
  • Groups: Daman9091233
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
Used one today for the first time with my buddy. No coyotes but I do not think there were any at the spots we went. The call worked amazing sound wise and as far as the decoy went. It did sound slightly electronic at full volume but one click down was perfect. Worked for crows we had about 5 near us and used crow fight and brought in probably 40 or more swooping at the call box and all above us but that was due to location as well. Out of season unfortunately. Then got a bobcat to come in we were between him and the call. I got to look him dead in the eyes for about 30seconds from less than 5 yards away. My buddy was between us so I had no safe shot and between him swinging and shooting it disappeared faster than anything I have seen. But I will say the call works.

Offline davef

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 08:32:16 PM »
ive only been able to take mine out once so far with no coyotes interested. great sounds but the unit seems very fragile. i popped off the antenna cover and lost it. plan on going out after the weather remembers its spring.

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 11:55:14 AM »
ive only been able to take mine out once so far with no coyotes interested. great sounds but the unit seems very fragile. i popped off the antenna cover and lost it. plan on going out after the weather remembers its spring.

I may go out tomorrow, hoping this weather gets em moving.

Offline davef

• Tracker
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »
any luck?

im tempted to go out tomorrow morning but the lack of activity has me unsure of where to go,but you dont get anything sitting on the couch.

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 08:51:20 PM »
any luck?

im tempted to go out tomorrow morning but the lack of activity has me unsure of where to go,but you dont get anything sitting on the couch.

There was plenty of track in the fresh snow, but I did get out there a bit late and had no luck.  Zero responses to calls in a pretty busy area. 

Offline Brownie28

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
Sent you a PM davef let me know if you received it

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal