collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ACTION ALERT: Washington: Resurrected Mag Ban Scheduled for Hearing on Tuesday  (Read 4467 times)

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
ACTION ALERT: Washington: Resurrected Mag Ban Scheduled for Hearing on Tuesday

Please take action by using the TAKE ACTION link ( https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/8000 ) provided in the NRA-ILA Washington ALERT shown below.

Pass this on to others so our voices are heard.

Thank you.

NRA-ILA Washington ALERT

After failing to pass bills to ban standard capacity magazines through the normal legislative process, anti-gun legislators playing procedural games have reintroduced this legislation as House Bill 2947, which is now scheduled for a public hearing on Tuesday, February 25th.

All NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters are encouraged to attend the hearing to express your disappointment to this procedural stunt and to voice your opposition to HB 2947. Also, please use the Take Action button below to contact members of the House Finance Committee. HB 2947 will be heard for a total of 45 minutes, with public testimony limited to 90 seconds per person.

Tuesday, February 25th at 8:00am
House Hearing Rm A
 John L. O'Brien Building
Olympia, WA

CLICK HERE TAKE ACTION

House Bill 2947 ( https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=2947&Year=2019&Initiative=false ) includes much of the same language as the previous standard capacity magazine ban bills that failed to meet the crossover deadline. In order to bypass legislative rules, anti-gun legislators have added a “buy-back” provision in order to make this an appropriations bill that is not subject to the same deadlines. Additionally, the title of the bill has been changed in an effort to limit amendments on the floor.

As resurrected, House Bill 2947 bans the manufacture, possession, sale, transfer, etc. of magazines that hold more than fifteen rounds of ammunition. It appropriates funds for the State Patrol to conduct a “buy-back.” Such turn-in events serve as nothing more than propaganda for gun control advocates while failing to promote public safety in any measurable way.

These limitations are strongly supported by the Governor and the Attorney General. So called “high capacity” magazines are in fact standard equipment for commonly-owned firearms that many Americans legally and effectively use for an entire range of legitimate purposes, such as self-defense or competition. Those who own non-compliant magazines prior to the ban are only allowed to possess them on their own property and in other limited instances such as at licensed shooting ranges or while hunting. Restricted magazines have to be transported unloaded and locked separately from firearms and stored at home locked, making them unavailable for self-defense.

Again, please plan to attend the committee hearing if you are able, and also contact committee members and ask them to OPPOSE HB 2947.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:39:55 AM by huntrights »

Offline 1Guy

• Tracker
I'll show them  :chuckle: :tup:
You can cook a frog slow in the frying pan, but when burnt can leave a bad taste in your mouth.🤔😉😁

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
I'll show them  :chuckle: :tup:

Get some 40 rounders

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
They'll never stop

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
Make them
Vote em out
I’m going to try and drive down to Oly Tuesday
Hopefully a bunch of others will as well
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Lincoln4

• Born again Idahoan
  • Sourdough
Botach had Amend2 30 rounders on sale for $6.98 each a couple of days ago.  All colors.  I bought a few.  F'em.

https://botach.com/amend2-ar15-m4-5-56mm-30rd-magazines-tan/

Wish I could be in Olympia, but I have a previously arranged trip to Idaho with my wife tomorrow through Wednesday...
USN 82-88
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Cancer Survivor
Husband & Dad
Retired LEO
Political Refugee

Offline MADMAX

• Old Salt
To the top
Hopefully there will be a big crowd
I Ain't Captain Walker.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
The magazine ban is dead. Making illegal the transfer of "assault weapons" is dead. Requiring safety training for CPL is dead. Pretty good week for gun rights in my book unless I'm missing something.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/bill-to-ban-high-capacity-magazines-stalls-at-the-washington-legislature-while-other-gun-proposals-move-forward/
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
The magazine ban is dead. Making illegal the transfer of "assault weapons" is dead. Requiring safety training for CPL is dead. Pretty good week for gun rights in my book unless I'm missing something.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/bill-to-ban-high-capacity-magazines-stalls-at-the-washington-legislature-while-other-gun-proposals-move-forward/

This is a different HB they are trying to get through since they failed the first time.
This is HB 2947
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
The FFL I use forwarded me this Friday

Aero Precision

Hello Aero Precision Washington Customers,
First of all, we apologize for filling your inbox on a Friday with political based conversation. We like casual Fridays as much as anyone. BUT, it’s important you know about House Bill 2947.

What’s the issue? Representatives have introduced a new bill that essentially mirrors the magazine capacity bills that just failed in session.

As you may be aware, the bills to ban standard capacity magazines in our home state of Washington failed to meet the crossover deadline for this legislative session. HOWEVER, legislators are playing procedural games in an attempt to resurrect this legislation. They have introduced House Bill 2947 with much of the same language as the previous bills plus a "buy-back" provision in order to make this an appropriations bill that is not subject to the same deadlines.  Additionally, the title of the bill has been changed in an effort to limit amendments on the floor. This is a "GHOST BILL" being pushed forward by declaring it a "public health emergency" that can and will affect Washington State residents if we don’t make our voices heard.

What can you do to help? Last session we showed that our voices matter. Get informed, contact your local representatives and tell a few friends to do the same.

Not sure who your representative is? Use the tool below to both find your rep(s) and contact them. Tell them you are appalled at the way they are trying to sneak this bill through and that they are affecting your right to protect yourself and your family.
https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

You can also call the WA Legislative Hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and tell them you oppose House Bill 2947.

They have awoken a sleeping giant. A freedom loving, law abiding, civil rights appreciating giant. Together we can make a difference in the state of Washington.

Thank you, and have a great weekend.
- Team Aero
Follow the Washington State Firearms Coalition on Facebook to stay informed.
Facebook   

Instagram   

Twitter   

YouTube
Copyright © 2020 Aero Precision, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address:
Aero Precision
2320 Commerce Street
Tacoma, Washington 98402

Unsubscribe | View in Browser
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

This is a different HB they are trying to get through since they failed the first time.
This is HB 2947

God, our government sucks.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline MADMAX

• Old Salt
Glad to see people paying attention
I’ve heard friends say “ no way not going to happen “
I’ll be there in the morning
I Ain't Captain Walker.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Sourdough
I have been hounding them on all the gun bills. Got 1 response saying its a safety issue. I called bs & told them this actually makes it less safe cuz criminals don't follow any laws and the real health safety emergency is the homeless drug camps & their use of our streets for toilets. The links are so easy that everyone on this site should oppose with a few clicks. Thanx
I have Man Chit to do

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
gov and ag tell their dem sheep to make it happen and they are all willing to lie cheat and steal to advance their agenda REGARDLESS of public sentiment.

I respond to the prompts but am confident in my representation over here,  to do the right thing always.   Its the folks with dems representing them that need to get nasty.  DOnt be nice, give them hell.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
I'd like to know how it is a "public health emergency" when our gun homicide rate is below average.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]