collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lake Washington Bass advice?  (Read 993 times)

Offline LuckyDog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Lake Washington Bass advice?
« on: February 23, 2020, 06:35:27 PM »
My son will be fishing Lake Washington for a high school tournament on March 21st is very early in the season. We are from the east side and have not fished the lake but hope to pre fish a week or two prior. Looking for any local experience/expertise willing to be shared about locations and early tactics for bass on the lake. Thank you all for the consideration and helping a youth fisherman.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Lake Washington Bass advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:49:59 PM »
We used to catch lots of fish drop shotting the bridge pilings. Also I know people hit the 8 bazillion docks on the lake pretty hard.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »
Also did a lot of drop shorting on that lake with a robo worm.  Lake union bridge is always good once you locate a depth and pattern mainly smallmouth.  Try to find some largemouth for good weights first.  Weather depending could be good for largemouth flipping blue/black jigs under dock walkways and inside corners off deeper docks.  Also try some of the sloughs with senko’s.  My old favorite was a Yamamoto 4” grub in 176 color rigged on a 1/8 or 1/4 oz lead head.  Fished that set up everywhere (sculpin color) Present everything slowww. 

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 07:52:54 PM »
not too much advice as i usually fish bass during the summer down there VERY casually as most of my time is on the salt.
I do well on the pilings by the enatai beach under i90, or also the bay area just south of newport marina.
I have a buddy who lives just north of kennydale beach and we do well fishing the docks there.
I live about 5 min from coulon park so feel free to reach out if you run into any issues with the boat or truck and i'll try to help out if i can  :tup:

Offline LuckyDog

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »
Thank you all for the input, we are looking forward to being on some west side water. Launching from Coulon and really appreciate the offer too. Will send out an update after the tourney is complete.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal