collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Aladdin Spring Bear-2020  (Read 2078 times)

Offline TLEVIN40

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Aladdin Spring Bear-2020
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »
I drew Aladdin, first time drawing spring bear! Any advice, help or information is greatly appreciated.

What I have read so far:

-Bears aren't out and about til late April/ early May

Offline MooseZ25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Aladdin Spring Bear-2020
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
I sent you some information and you are correct May-June are the best months. 
Live Every Day To The Fullest

Offline ChesapeakeMan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »
My brother in law and I drew that tag in 2016.  We connected on one gorgeous cinnamon bear.  Wasn't able to fill the other tag because of unrelated circumstances.  I would plan on spending at least a week hunting.  We camped at Big Meadow Lake.  That spot was great.  A quad, side by side or dirt bike is a great tool for that area.  You will probably cover a lot of ground on dirt roads and trails.  We bought Bear Paw's map.  I would highly, highly recommend buying his map and talking to him.  It made all the difference for us.  It would take weeks or months to learn all the information that you will get from Dale.

Offline TLEVIN40

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »
Great info guys. Thanks

Offline Joeykon123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: MDF RMF NRA
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
Yes what ChesapeakeMan (i mean my brother n law:) says
Genesis 27:3

Offline TLEVIN40

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
Was the campground busy? It seems like a nice place to camp in that area and would imagine few people around.

Offline ChesapeakeMan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
We were there before Memorial Day.  It was not busy.  The camp host said that Memorial Day weekend is when it started getting packed.  My son and I went back on Memorial Day weekend and camped North of there.  FR 300 off of Smackout Creek Road.  Didn't see very many people.  Used my Polaris Ranger when we camped at Big Meadow Lake.  Used my TW200 when we camped up around Smackout.  Both methods worked very well.     

Offline TLEVIN40

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 08:09:28 AM »
MY buddy and I are wanting to come over and hunt still, but with camping potentially being closed in some areas. We are both coming from the same area on the westside.

via email from DFW
Hunt local

Please consider taking day trips only and limit travel, overnight stays and camping. Camping may be prohibited in some locations.
Please purchase all your necessary supplies and fuel from your local community so that you can help to keep communities safe by not having to stop for items during your hunt.
Please hunt with household members only. If you choose to hunt with people outside of your household, please maintain social distancing guidelines.

It doesn't prohibit travelling but suggesting limiting it. Anyone in the area have a land/cabin they are willing to let us stay at or rent? This is still very preliminary and still in the planning stage.

Please DM with any help/advice.

Thanks

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 10:16:36 AM »
Just truck camp on NF land and you will be fine.  It is 100% legal and a way better option than traveling multiple times back and fourth.  Bring your food and supplies and plan accordingly so you don't have to stop at every grocery store in the area. 

I would think a lot of bears are coming out and starting to move with this nicer weather.  Any time from now till the end can be fruitful.  Good luck and travel safe. 

Tip:  Wash your hands after pooping and before eating a peanut butter sandwich......   :tup:

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 11:24:40 AM »
Colville NF is 1.1 million acres...…..truck camp at any landing, lots of fire wood, have it all  to yourself,  I know your unit is significantly smaller, just saying. 

Offline TLEVIN40

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice, sounds like truck camping is the way to go. We are targeting late May. We intend to bring all of our food and groceries.

Thanks for the pro tip on hand washing.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal