collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WOLVES AND CORONAVIRUS: What are the facts?  (Read 5661 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline 4fletch

• Older than old
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: WOLVES AND CORONAVIRUS: What are the facts?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »
Transplant wolves to Olympia

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »
Little bit of a reach there

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 10:20:04 AM »
I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been waiting for this one.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:56 AM »
 :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 11:42:40 AM »
Damn it walter, this has nothing to do with viet nam!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
Well now that this thread has been bumped and mocked, guess I'll read it.    but I was content to just scroll past and never click this thread

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »
Completely absurd and far out there even for wolfie. Dogs, wolves, cats, bats, bears oh my carry all kinds of bugs.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 12:47:35 PM »

My wife just asked me what I was laughing at.

I tried to explain your remark, but it got lost in translation.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:53 PM »
yaaaa

this article doesn't do the anti-wolf crowd any favors,  and those pushing for a more moderate measure of wolf management will be put off by it, trying to distance themselves from the anti's.     

The pro-wolf people LOVE articles like this,  nothing better for mocking and  :chuckle:  and making all anti-wolf people look like loony toons and lumping the moderates in with them.    

better that this article died. 

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
Don't worry. All of those wolves that the WDFW released have been innoculated for rabies, etc. and they are rapidly working with the Bates Foundation to develop a vaccine for the wolves to protect them from the Corona virus.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »

My wife just asked me what I was laughing at.

I tried to explain your remark, but it got lost in translation.

This ain’t amateur hour, buddy.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 02:02:45 PM »
Ehhh...this is an ok start, but I was really hoping for more of a "wdfw transplanted wolves that were injected with lab made coronavirus to run all the rural people off their land".  We're still early into the lockdown...so I'm not giving up on such a thread just yet.  :chuckle:  :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 05:35:32 PM »
Ehhh...this is an ok start, but I was really hoping for more of a "wdfw transplanted wolves that were injected with lab made coronavirus to run all the rural people off their land".  We're still early into the lockdown...so I'm not giving up on such a thread just yet.  :chuckle:  :chuckle:

Just find a way to work Soros and Hillary Clinton into it.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 08:17:11 PM »

Just find a way to work Soros and Hillary Clinton into it.

How about Bill?

Introduction of Wolves: When, Where, Who, How and Why?

"The combination of losing ADC and the slow slide (into the early 1990’s under the first President Bush) towards a return to expanding federal powers, activist employees, rich and powerful environmental/animal-rights "partners", and an increasingly powerful federal reelection propaganda card in these matters brought an avalanche of proposals and programs to the fore. An experimental release of "red" wolves was tried on two coastal federal refuges in the Carolinas only to fail because people shot the wolves and the rest interbred with dogs and vice versa at every opportunity. Once again political support for endangered species land acquisition; "Listing" "emergencies" of every imaginable plant and animal flock, stand, or whatever (usually near some dam or project or hunting use of guns, etc. opposed by environmental/animal-rights organizations); and targeted agency power expansion plans encouraging "scientists" and Universities to share in the budget expansion and federal money (called "playing ball") hatched nationwide efforts to save everything from sand flies to "Invasive Species" bushes that were nest-trees for endangered birds. Names like The Nature Conservancy (TNC), Defenders of Wildlife (DOW), Wildlife Federation (WF), and Humane Society of the US (HSUS), Animal Welfare Institute (AWI), Animal Protection Institute (API), and Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) began appearing routinely in USFWS memos and in meetings. In this environment, wolf introduction was again heard in conversations in USFWS corridors.

1992 – President Clinton was elected and a new flock of political appointees signaled strong support for increased Endangered Species and Marine Mammal activities. New proposals for federal expansion were also encouraged. Thus did we see federal "Native Ecosystem" authority requests and federal "Invasive Species" authority requests trumpeted as in need of new laws granting more federal (at the expense of states) authority, and a greater need for federal funding. Increasing Wilderness Declarations and Roadless closures of public lands accompanied increases in catastrophic fires spreading from federal land ownerships and sudden Executive Orders doing things like closing energy development on select public lands (even as nearby energy "emergencies" threatened the health of millions of urban Americans). Plans for a massive introduction of wolves throughout the Intermountain West began to gain quiet planning momentum in USFWS endangered species offices, though not with much public awareness or publicity as even the most rabid supporters were aware of the strong opposition that such an action would generate.

1994 – The Democrats lost control of the US House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years. Speaker Newt Gingrich took control waving a document called Contract with America. USFWS employees were more surprised and disappointed than anybody. The House is a key budget approval point for things like introducing wolves where they weren’t wanted. Three things then happened that are of importance to everyone concerned with wolves in the Lower 48 today:

1. In the first month or so after the Republicans took over The House, a House Committee that was a hotbed of environmental activism and was also duplicative of the House Natural Resources Committee – The Merchant Marine and Fisheries Committee – was disbanded. One of the leading Democrat staff members of that Committee was out of a job. He almost immediately popped up in USFWS and was placed in charge of the Federal Aid to States Program that managed the excise taxes apportioned to state fish and wildlife agencies’ hunting and fishing programs.

2. Two Budget Requests to Congress were made by USFWS (one to the Democrat House before the election and one pending as the unanticipated Republicans took over) for funding to introduce wolves into Yellowstone National Park (described by USFWS as "the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem" but in reality meaning the area around it from Canada to Mexico and from The Great Plains to the Pacific). These plans, for which millions were needed, had been developed quietly with USFWS political overseers over 2 years and they were all caught completely off guard when the unthinkable happened, the loss of control of The House to Republicans that was more than a mere "speed bump" for their grand wolf planning. At some point around the 1994 election or as the Republicans took power in early 1995 USFWS decided to (take? steal? use?) the excise tax dollars to introduce wolves before their plans were usurped by the Republican House. An expedition to Canada was made in the winter of early 1995and the captured wolves were "acclimated" and released in Yellowstone Park very shortly thereafter. The significance of this wolf introduction to such hidden agendas as increased public land closures, the demise of ranching (grazing) and logging, the weakening of rural economies, increasing the availability and decreasing the cost of rural lands for government and Native acquisition, the further weakening of hunting and fishing availability to citizens, and even a weakening of gun advocates’ numbers were all things that were evident from the start. Additionally, the political fact of disproportionate adverse effects on Republican (rural) areas to amuse the artificially-cultivated imaginings of urban voters in predominantly Democrat areas had more than a little to do with USFWS apprehension about a likely Congressional refusal to fund (i.e. "allow" or authorize) the requested introduction of wolves by the new Republican-controlled Congress.

3. March 1995 – Wolves are released into Yellowstone National Park (one of only a very few federal landholdings that were never within a state and is therefore truly a federal ownership that has never recognized any state authority or jurisdiction). This fact made it the ideal place to release the wolves that would then "spread" out from there under total federal protection as an "Endangered Species".

1996 – The first female Director of the USFWS (a former Vermont state fish and wildlife Director) resigned due to failing health and was replaced by a little-known USFWS endangered species activist (biologist) who became the second female Director of USFWS. The excise tax dollars were flowing illegally through USFWS by this time.

1993-2000 – Excise taxes collected on arms and ammunition in the mid-90’s had not seemed (to an employee like me familiar with the excise taxes) to be proportionate with the explosion of arms and ammunition purchases in the early Clinton years. As with the first year of the Obama Administration, gun owners and would-be gun owners were "stocking up" on guns and ammunition "before the President Clinton took them away". Yet the receipts were generally flat for all the guns and ammunition reported as being purchased. The reason for this was that the USFWS administrators of the excise taxes had, for decades, been holding back an extra percentage or two secretly to curry favor with USFWS Directors that wanted new furniture or needed more travel money, or funds for things that weren’t to be publicized, etc. The problem was that in these times, the Clinton folks had ideas that were calling for a little more than the usual "walking around" money.

When newly appointed and newly hired top USFWS political managers found out about this secret "slush fund" arrangement after assuming power in 1993, just like anyone that considers and then begins doing illicit things (many would call them "crooks"), they began demanding "more" and imagining all the "good" they could do. When the House turned down the funding requests for wolf introduction and hostile politicians took control of the House (a primary "make-or-break" point for federal budgets), a time to go on or turn back was reached by USFWS wolf advocates. The top managers determined to get the money from the excise taxes and introduce the wolves quickly and say that they used other appropriated funds that they had "saved" elsewhere. Simultaneously they thought they would use even more of the excise taxes to open a California environmental/animal rights liaison office that again was a "now-or-never" move that the Republican House had also refused to fund since even closer alliances between USFWS and mostly Democrat environmentalists in California was not calculated to favor Republican election victories. Then, of course, they would need some more excise tax "hush" money for bonuses to all the USFWS office personnel that might notice the use of funding that USFWS had no right to use. While GAO had put the amount of excise taxes illegitimately spent this way at a minimum of $45 to 60 Million, there was probably even more."

Read More@

http://www.lincolncountywatch.org/introductionofwolves.htm

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only.  s:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:32:21 PM by wolfbait »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull