collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hobbies while on restriction  (Read 12502 times)

Offline Onewhohikes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Hobbies while on restriction
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2020, 11:29:29 AM »
I am glad you made it to the dump before it closed. Last night I picked up two trailer loads where a holes thought the woods was their own personal dumping grounds.

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
Simple is beauty to me. Both of these knives were forged to rough shape from the same piece of 1084 steel, then finish ground. Both have walnut/white g10/mesquite handles. One has a brass bolster and the other has 416 stainless steel. They are not perfect but definitely getting better. Thanks for looking
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »
Very nice. I have become a fan of the simplistic Kephart style of outdoor knives.

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/the-original-kephart-knife-examined/

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »
Simple is beauty to me. Both of these knives were forged to rough shape from the same piece of 1084 steel, then finish ground. Both have walnut/white g10/mesquite handles. One has a brass bolster and the other has 416 stainless steel. They are not perfect but definitely getting better. Thanks for looking

Very nice.
Nothing new for me as Id have to slack on something to start a new direction.  For now, getting the garden ready slowly and buttoning up loose ends as I prepare to get serious looking for huntable numbers of mule deer in overlooked areas I hope.  Mules are my focus this season, will hunt each season as necessary, provided I can buy a left over multi-deer.  First time ever I haven't drawn.  If I cant come up with a worthy mule, its back to w/t for the late seasons.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal