collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Desert Hunter Ed Incentive Mulie Tag 2020  (Read 1893 times)

Offline willapawapiti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • IAFF Local 2776
Desert Hunter Ed Incentive Mulie Tag 2020
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:58:08 PM »
Hey guys and gals, my Chief Hunter Ed Instructor is sitting #1 for on the list for the hunter ed incentive tag choices this year. Unit 290 will be his choice. I've been instructing with him for 12 of his 14 years as an instructor here in Pacific County.  He actually teaches on two teaching teams up here, obviously very committed to the future of hunters in Washington. He's just a super guy and deserves a hunt like this. Grew up hunting whitetail, nowadays he just archery elk hunts near his home.  Originally from back east, he's retired military, and for being in his late 60's, amazing shape- jogs every morning.  He's always wanted a chance at a Mule Deer and now gets the opportunity.  This tag will allow him to hunt all of the 290 special hunts.  Anyone willing to help my friend out?

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
Re: Desert Hunter Ed Incentive Mulie Tag 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:17:25 AM »
I'm not trying to be to negative or a jerk, but you wanted good REAL advice.  Desert area isn't what it used to be.  But with a bit of work and persistence it can still produce some nice bucks.  ACE is the name of a member here on the forum (I personally don't know him) that drew a desert tag and got a dandy.  I know this because if you go back a ways in this deer section you can see a post and a picture of the buck he took.  If I remember right, he said it was a tough tag but he definitely gave the tag justice.  If I had the tag, I would PM him and pick his brain.
Zonk Volmer

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:14:08 PM »
PM Sent

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:44:04 PM »
Thats awesome! Might be tougher than it was or quality may be down. Who cares, that tag will be a damn good time and a giant buck would just be a bonus

Offline DeerThug

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »
I had that tag 3 years ago - or was it 4.  Tough for sure.   I shot a cactus buck - biggest body deer i have ever dealt with.  Bases the size of a grapefruit.    anyway  I have info somewhere  pm me and I see if i can find it or will just go from memory.  Search me on here i posted it was well  Not that i know it all out there but will pass on what i learned.
Shoot straight Shoot often

Offline willapawapiti

• Scout
  • IAFF Local 2776
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:41:04 PM »
I'm not trying to be to negative or a jerk, but you wanted good REAL advice.  Desert area isn't what it used to be.  But with a bit of work and persistence it can still produce some nice bucks.  ACE is the name of a member here on the forum (I personally don't know him) that drew a desert tag and got a dandy.  I know this because if you go back a ways in this deer section you can see a post and a picture of the buck he took.  If I remember right, he said it was a tough tag but he definitely gave the tag justice.  If I had the tag, I would PM him and pick his brain.
Thanks!  And I appreciate the honesty 100%  :tup:

Offline willapawapiti

• Scout
  • IAFF Local 2776
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »
I had that tag 3 years ago - or was it 4.  Tough for sure.   I shot a cactus buck - biggest body deer i have ever dealt with.  Bases the size of a grapefruit.    anyway  I have info somewhere  pm me and I see if i can find it or will just go from memory.  Search me on here i posted it was well  Not that i know it all out there but will pass on what i learned.
I checked out the cactus buck!  Crazy buck! Bases are massive!!
I will PM soon.
Thanks  :tup:

Offline outdooraddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »
my chief instructor is sitting 2 or 3 so he would appreciate your buddy taking a different tag, because he wants the 290 tag lol. all joking aside, there are some great tags in that chief instructor pool, I love all the nay-sayers about the desert and the entiat etc. "they arent what they used to be", I totally understand that they are not what they used to be and it is not a slam dunk, but you know what it is... Better than a general tag and all the nay-sayers would likely take the desert tag if they were given the option...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal