collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66733 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
I dont see how they cant close it. How many people flood into the NE from all over the state, when I cant even fish in front of my house where I am 1/2 mile from a living human.

Have to close it. Have to close spring bear also. We don't need exposed..infected hoards of out of area hunters spreading the virus to counties that only have 2 cases as of today.  CLOSE IT... We must Obey and stay in our homes. Obey and don't spread the virus. Obey and it will get over sooner. Only selfish people will not Obey. Obey and keep the boat launches safe from infected/exposed  fishermen. etc. Obey etc. Obey etc. Obey

They dont have to close spring bear.  Most people that draw never bother showing up.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 02:31:11 PM »
I dont see how they cant close it. How many people flood into the NE from all over the state, when I cant even fish in front of my house where I am 1/2 mile from a living human.

Have to close it. Have to close spring bear also. We don't need exposed..infected hoards of out of area hunters spreading the virus to counties that only have 2 cases as of today.  CLOSE IT... We must Obey and stay in our homes. Obey and don't spread the virus. Obey and it will get over sooner. Only selfish people will not Obey. Obey and keep the boat launches safe from infected/exposed  fishermen. etc. Obey etc. Obey etc. Obey

They dont have to close spring bear.  Most people that draw never bother showing up.

Lol. Unfortunately true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KNOPHISH

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
If entire season closed they could open all units for the fall season for opportunity? Or should give refunds. I got my tag already & got a tom on the last day last year so still some time.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 02:39:45 PM »
If entire season closed they could open all units for the fall season for opportunity? Or should give refunds. I got my tag already & got a tom on the last day last year so still some time.

Still lots of time.. but i would prefer to hunt sooner rather than later. Especially this season for turkey.

Offline Fishmaker57

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, CCA
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 02:41:20 PM »
News from a very reliable source within the agency: there is an internal argument happening today, on weather to close spring bear and turkey.

Let's face it, they already closed all camping, and most of us have already bought tags and licenses......they have our money, what do they care if it closes? Less work on their end!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
Shaniqua?

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »

The staying home has long since past..... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  A ton of people from king county have already moved east to quarantine.  The governor should have shut down the major passes to essential travel very early....and he didn't.  The virus is here and will spread in all communities at a similar rate per capita. 

Offline Yelper Guy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
I officially had to stop going in to work yesterday, now working remote from home.
The Gov & local Sheriff say shelter in place, which just officially started for me today.
It sounds like this will be going on for weeks.
The only travel allowed is for essentials, gas, groceries or RX - DR. or essential businesses.
Unless you're already in the bear or turkey woods, how can you justifiably think it would be essential travel?
Just because you've already sheltered on the wet side, doesn't mean we're in the clear here, or anywhere in the state yet!

Offline ne kid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »

The staying home has long since past..... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  A ton of people from king county have already moved east to quarantine.  The governor should have shut down the major passes to essential travel very early....and he didn't.  The virus is here and will spread in all communities at a similar rate per capita.

Maybe because he is the governor of Seattle.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »
Maybe not.  Camping is shut down and you don't have the equivalent of boat launches, piers and fishing access points for turkey.  That, coupled with the tiny fraction of turkey hunters to fishermen, I can see it going either way.

Way more guys flock to newa for turkey than they ever do for fishing.  There is a literal parade of rigs/atvs running the roads here all looking for birds on private land.  Easily hundreds of guys show up here and usually overrun local businesses.  With most businesses hunters rely on closed now, the remaining gas stops and stores will be chuck full of guys who are supposed to be staying home.  Please see how the rules do apply to you as well as me and do everyone a favor and stay put.

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »
Just saw that WDFW says turkey season will go as planned

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 04:27:07 PM »
Just saw that WDFW says turkey season will go as planned

Then i guess they should open fishing.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »
Maybe not.  Camping is shut down and you don't have the equivalent of boat launches, piers and fishing access points for turkey.  That, coupled with the tiny fraction of turkey hunters to fishermen, I can see it going either way.

Tiny fraction of turkey hunters to fishermen???  Not here dude.  You notice when turkey season opens here.  People flock in from all over the state.  And look at old turkey threads, the common theme is asking about which restaraunt, which bar, which hotel blah blah blah.  Our towns get swamped with turkey hunters who spend most of their time in town, and do a little bit of hunting.  Saying they dont have gongregation points like fishermen is nonsense.  Their congregation points are clatks, big r, main street bar, the acorn, little gallea etc etc, where they come in contact with WAY more people than a few fishermen at a boat launch do.

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 04:32:36 PM »
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife says as of right now, hunting seasons are opening as scheduled during the current COVID-19 pandemic.

WDFW says hunting seasons currently underway are not impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions at this time, but significant travel is not advised.

WDFW will keep its website updated with any possible closures, and will send out a news release and social media posts if there are any changes regarding hunting seasons.

The wild turkey hunting spring season opens in April.

Recreational fishing and shell fishing has been closed by the WDFW statewide, closing all wildlife areas and water access areas for at least two weeks beginning Wednesday, March 25.

License sales can be completed online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/login.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal