collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66662 times)

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:44 PM »
I don't care if they shut the general season down for a few weeks but at least do it after youth season so the kids can hunt.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2020, 01:42:58 PM »
I don't care if they shut the general season down for a few weeks but at least do it after youth season so the kids can hunt.
Makes sense that if the lakes and DNR and rivers are shut that the rest of WDFW should get shut as well. No turkey. No spring bear. No fishing. No clams. No coyote. No predators. Also no florists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 01:49:41 PM »
The problem is nobody cares I drove by some stateland today on my way home from store several cars and trucks park there . :dunno:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 01:52:36 PM »
The problem is nobody cares I drove by some stateland today on my way home from store several cars and trucks park there . :dunno:

Is stateland completely closed? Or is it closed for camping.. i thought i read that day use is still available but camping is not. I could very well be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »

What is it some people dont get about staying home and not spreading germs and keeping their kids safe.   If its ok to get your kids sick, wtf, just keep it open so we can all get sick......cmon people.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »
Closed.  Maybe they were just parking and viewing wildlife from their truck. :dunno:

How many people even realize fishing or state land is closed?  I know many friends and family that were shocked when I mentioned it.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
It's supposed to be closed closed. They have all our DNR posted up like crazy. There was 50 cars stacked into the parking area to the yakima greenway in Gleed but I can't go off trail into the sage country and call a coyote. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
Bunch of private for that coyote calling session and it is calving season,  seems essential to me

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 02:03:50 PM »
It's supposed to be closed closed. They have all our DNR posted up like crazy. There was 50 cars stacked into the parking area to the yakima greenway in Gleed but I can't go off trail into the sage country and call a coyote. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it  :chuckle:

One reason is that WDFW could easily shut all their stuff down.  Trail heads are all "owned" by different groups, thus they all have to go around and close stuff and make independent decisions.  National Forest, city, county, private landowners, etc.

I do agree that should have been one of the first things to do, shut the parks and trailheads - we all knew what would happen as soon as people couldn't go to school or work.

It's easy to take a walk without running into people, just stay off of trails, walking paths, etc.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
Nobody in the vehicles,parked there two cars and a pickup .And yes I'm 100% positive state land I target shoot there sometimes.But that's not what they where in the woods doing ,whatever hiking,poaching,trailcam,who knows,but I told my wife that's pretty $@i+y .I can't target shoot,but they can do whatever there doing.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »

Not alot of it makes sense where you are Karl, or where I am, however I cant abide by the thoughts of draggin kids and others half way/all the way across the state at a time like this so they can try and kill a turkey.  Common sense out the window.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »

One reason is that WDFW could easily shut all their stuff down.  Trail heads are all "owned" by different groups, thus they all have to go around and close stuff and make independent decisions.  National Forest, city, county, private landowners, etc.

I do agree that should have been one of the first things to do, shut the parks and trailheads - we all knew what would happen as soon as people couldn't go to school or work.

It's easy to take a walk without running into people, just stay off of trails, walking paths, etc.
I'm well aware of the reasonings behind the closures. There continues to be such a giant disconnect between the east and west sides of the state. There's no way to keep our side open for recreation while also holding back the flood of bodies that would come from the west side so we shut it all down. I don't like it but I get it.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
Cancelled all open week hunts I had with hunters.  Wife had her hours cut 50% so couldn't see spending a ton of money on lodging

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

I'm well aware of the reasonings behind the closures. There continues to be such a giant disconnect between the east and west sides of the state. There's no way to keep our side open for recreation while also holding back the flood of bodies that would come from the west side so we shut it all down. I don't like it but I get it.

I don't think it's all shut down though.  Seems like there are plenty of trailheads still open?  There's also a pretty good increase in the number in several places on the east side too.

I think they should have done all recreation at the same time and would have, it's just different departments and many outside the state's direct control.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2020, 02:34:30 PM »
Here is the city of Arlington as of right now:

City of Arlington parks and trails remain open for public use.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]