collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66790 times)

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »
State land is closed.  City and county not yet.   USFS not yet but I hear closing their campground and recreation areas.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »
I don't think it's looking good for turkey or spring bear 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2020, 02:45:15 PM »
I don't see anyone opening anything until we have at least established a peak and are well down the back side.  Since we are increasing testing, that might not actually happen until we are even further down the back side of the curve. 

NY is projecting 21 days I think, so I would wager half my Charmin that nothing opens for 3 more weeks minimum.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
It's supposed to be closed closed. They have all our DNR posted up like crazy. There was 50 cars stacked into the parking area to the yakima greenway in Gleed but I can't go off trail into the sage country and call a coyote. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it  :chuckle:

Not alot of it makes sense where you are Karl, or where I am, however I cant abide by the thoughts of draggin kids and others half way/all the way across the state at a time like this so they can try and kill a turkey.  Common sense out the window.
I think common sense went out the window with Inslee’s definitions of what’s essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2020, 04:10:30 PM »
Something to think about, understand Washington does have more cases, but Oregon and Idaho hunting is still on as planned.

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »
What about hunting private

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
It's supposed to be closed closed. They have all our DNR posted up like crazy. There was 50 cars stacked into the parking area to the yakima greenway in Gleed but I can't go off trail into the sage country and call a coyote. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it  :chuckle:

Not alot of it makes sense where you are Karl, or where I am, however I cant abide by the thoughts of draggin kids and others half way/all the way across the state at a time like this so they can try and kill a turkey.  Common sense out the window.
I’m wondering why parks are still open?

KENNEWICK, WA
Caution tape is set up around some Tri-Cities playgrounds as the cities work to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Pasco has closed all playgrounds and Kennewick and Richland have posted signs asking people to follow social distancing guidelines.

“The parks themselves are open,” said Jon Funfar, Pasco’s communication program manager. “We’re asking people to not congregate in groups of more than 10 people.”

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »
I think there is general agreement that the actual hunting isn’t the problem. It’s the buying gas, pop, food, and everything else that sometimes goes with it. Walking out your back door for a bird would be like walking down the street to a lake to fish. No problem. Running around to get lures and bait and flies probably isn’t best practice right now

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
I think there is general agreement that the actual hunting isn’t the problem. It’s the buying gas, pop, food, and everything else that sometimes goes with it. Walking out your back door for a bird would be like walking down the street to a lake to fish. No problem. Running around to get lures and bait and flies probably isn’t best practice right now

If they close the hunting season all hunting will be closed including private land.
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »

If they close the hunting season all hunting will be closed including private land.

:yeah:

Fishing isnt open on private

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
True. Hadn’t considered private fishing. I expect predators will also be shut down if the others also get shut? 

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
Not at my house

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »

:yeah:

Fishing isnt open on private
you will not stop me from fishing my brother's private pond.  Just saying

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
Here you go. https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/okawen/alerts-notices/?cid=fseprd717017&width=full

To be in alignment with State and federal guidelines relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, effective March 27, 2020, all Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest developed recreation sites are closed until April 8 or until such measures are lifted.

Developed recreation sites now closed include campgrounds, snow parks, restroom facilities, day-use areas, recreation rental facilities including cabins and fire lookouts, and trailheads. In addition, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest offices are currently conducting public business by phone, email, or through web-based transactions; critical in-person business is being handled by appointment only to minimize person-to-person contact. Lucerne and Fields landing remain open for ferry service.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2020, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks Russ.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal