collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66710 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
No way would they refund tags that then got closed down. Money is the only thing wdfw cares about & they’re not letting go of any of it.

So do you think they keep it open to reduce the flack they catch.. or close it and non refund?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancelled season with no refund, if they cancel it

Exactly what I’d anticipate. Which is completely understandable

Its not understandable.  If your agency sells people hunting rights, then tells them theyre not allowed to hunt, you need to give them their money back.

What if this was the private sector?  Hey bearpaw, if you sell somebody a multi thousand dollar guided hound hunt, then cancel the hunt, are you keeping the money? Or do you feel obligated to issue a refund?

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2020, 08:24:31 PM »
So let's say that they don't open it on the 15th.  But postponed it for 3 weeks and extended it for the same amount. So it went into June.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2020, 08:26:30 PM »
So let's say that they don't open it on the 15th.  But postponed it for 3 weeks and extended it for the same amount. So it went into June.

Its still not as advertised. Not the product you payed for.  Breeding season is done, not the same opportunity.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »

Its still not as advertised. Not the product you payed for.  Breeding season is done, not the same opportunity.

I’d be game.  I hunt late May anyways.  Fewer people and the birds seem to call just fine.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »

I’d be game.  I hunt late May anyways.  Fewer people and the birds seem to call just fine.

I personally like the earlier season. Always have had better luck callin birds in. Mays have been tough for me

Offline hunter399

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2020, 08:45:16 PM »
They will be getting a lot of calls and emails from me.If they change any hunting season .This is one time I agree with bango .MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST HAND OUT HUGE FINES TO ANYBODY THAT HUNTS OVER 10 MILES FROM THERE HOUSE.Cause we all know Turkey season will get closed cause wet sider coastys won't stay away from NE Washington even though it says on website significant travel is not recommended.Im tired of beating around the bush.I don't see why my seasons should be taken away when I can hunt a few miles from home,and still practice social distance.If you can't tell I'm a little pissed off ,if you don't live in that gmu ,you can't hunt there ,and they can keep that regulation for years.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2020, 08:45:47 PM »

I think this would be OK. Some wouldn't like it, I guess. I've always had better luck with turkey late in the season. Even if it's not ideal, sometimes we have to take what we can get under special circumstances. But to cancel it & keep the money is BS.

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2020, 08:45:57 PM »
I told my wife if they close spring turkey I'll be spending my money in Idaho  come fall. I also told her I would not be buying a fishing license this year. WDFW is all about the Benjamin's, if they want to close seasons then I'll let my wallet do the talking. And since I told my wife I'm committed.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2020, 08:51:10 PM »
All i know is, i intend to start lion hunting april 1st.  If they close me out of that i will be calling my physician to get a letter recommending i not hunt all year, and getting everything ive purchased refunded, including my raffle tickets.  Ive got a whole pile of idaho tags, i dont need to put up with this crap
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:31:43 PM by Bango skank »

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2020, 09:01:32 PM »
Colorado gets it.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
Given the state of affairs I’m pretty confident they will close or at least delay spring season starting next weekend for the youth hunt.

Extending the season? You must have Washington confused with a state that cares. Good luck with that. Save your money and don’t buy tags until that season is here and open. That’s my plan. And I agree with one of the posters above, if it’s closed I will not buy my turkey tags or my fishing license for this year. I would not hold your breath for a refund. We all know that the state loves to take your money and not allow you to hunt.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:56 PM »
All i know is, i intend to start lion hunting april 1st.  If they close me out of that i will be calling my physician to get a letter recommending i not hunt all year, and getting everything ive purchased refunded, including my raffle tickets.  Ive got a whole pile of idaho tags, i dont need to put up with this crap

Hate to break it to you Bango but these restrictions are coming to Idaho(and all other states) sooner rather than later unless some miracle cure comes down the pipe.

I agree it sucks. I planned on spring bear in Idaho this year but I doubt that’s in the cards considering what’s going on.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »

Hate to break it to you Bango but these restrictions are coming to Idaho(and all other states) sooner rather than later unless some miracle cure comes down the pipe.

I agree it sucks. I planned on spring bear in Idaho this year but I doubt that’s in the cards considering what’s going on.

Im planning on spring bear in idaho too.  If idaho shuts down hunting, ill bend over double and eat my own butt.

Offline carlyoungs

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2020, 10:12:39 PM »
That is a bad visual  :yike:

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt