collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66707 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2020, 04:47:40 PM »
Interesting. I went on wdfw to see how much everything would add up to, and got this mssg when I tried to select a turkey tag. 🤔 they won’t even let u buy a tag. Doesn’t look promising, guys.

You can't buy a cougar tag either.  >:(

When you try to buy a lion tag does that covid message pop up too,

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »
So of you prescribe to the reasoning that you can’t buy a tag because the wdfw employees aren’t, then we should be able to go to Walmart and buy them, since Walmart is open. I hope that’s the case, but I suspect wdfw just isn’t telling is that they aren’t opening turkey season. 🤬

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
So of you prescribe to the reasoning that you can’t buy a tag because the wdfw employees aren’t, then we should be able to go to Walmart and buy them, since Walmart is open. I hope that’s the case, but I suspect wdfw just isn’t telling is that they aren’t opening turkey season. 🤬

It’s still ran by people in Olympia who aren’t there because of the governors proclamation to STAY HOME. It’s not like they weren’t selling them before, plenty of people already bought their tags and license.

Offline CJ1962

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2020, 06:10:17 PM »
Go to http://www.theoutdoorline.com/podcasts.  Scroll down to the 2 part Kelly Susewind on fishing closures.  My opinion from listening is; the closures don't have anything to do with Anglers and Hunters keeping their social distances.  But is more to do with the hordes that will descend on certain areas and steal or buy all the toilet paper.

Maybe Spring Bear and Youth Turkey season have a chance, but I could see the general Spring Turkey season be limited to the County you live in.   :twocents:

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »
Go to http://www.theoutdoorline.com/podcasts.  Scroll down to the 2 part Kelly Susewind on fishing closures.  My opinion from listening is; the closures don't have anything to do with Anglers and Hunters keeping their social distances.  But is more to do with the hordes that will descend on certain areas and steal or buy all the toilet paper.

Maybe Spring Bear and Youth Turkey season have a chance, but I could see the general Spring Turkey season be limited to the County you live in.   :twocents:

Great link! thank you, looks like we will know more on the 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »

Yaa thatd be a great idea, run the kids all over the place and get them sick....

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:52 PM »
Cases increasing.

East of the Cascades, local health districts in 17 counties reported more than 380 cases and 11 deaths, according to the state health department. One hundred of those cases were in Yakima County and five of the deaths were reported in Benton County.

In Spokane, a woman in her 50s died from the disease in a hospital Saturday, marking the second local death within a day, according to the Spokane Regional Health District.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2020, 07:44:10 PM »

Correct. It’s to prevent travel because we’re supposed to be staying home.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2020, 07:45:42 PM »
Cases increasing.

East of the Cascades, local health districts in 17 counties reported more than 380 cases and 11 deaths, according to the state health department. One hundred of those cases were in Yakima County and five of the deaths were reported in Benton County.

In Spokane, a woman in her 50s died from the disease in a hospital Saturday, marking the second local death within a day, according to the Spokane Regional Health District.

I’m told Yakima looks like normal. Business as usual. Nobody’s paying attention to the orders put in place. What do you know... cases rising. Weird. Franklin county is at 16 cases now too. Hmmm.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »
Cases increasing.

I’m told Yakima looks like normal. Business as usual. Nobody’s paying attention to the orders put in place. What do you know... cases rising. Weird. Franklin county is at 16 cases now too. Hmmm.
from what I can tell Yakima is mostly paying attention to the order. I am shut down for working in the Yakima area. I am an essential employee and we are not working in Yakima. Having to travel to tri cities to work.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2020, 08:08:29 PM »
I hear that you can buy tags in a store.  I thought I saw a post somewhere in the forum that the director of WDFW was on a podcast and said they will make a decision or decide on something on the 1st for turkey ans spring bear.  Just what I heard.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2020, 08:10:48 PM »
Yakima is a joke.  Not even close to following the shelter in place instructions.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
I do see that Colville NF trailheads and land is open.  https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/colville/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD717057

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »
I hear that you can buy tags in a store.  I thought I saw a post somewhere in the forum that the director of WDFW was on a podcast and said they will make a decision or decide on something on the 1st for turkey ans spring bear.  Just what I heard.

Susewind said they would make sn announcement on monday.

Online follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »

Don't buy a tag until the day you go.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]