collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66669 times)

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2020, 12:34:57 PM »
I'm not the masses and have agreed with you about this and I'm pissed that my other daughters work place is still open when it is deemed non essential also no one has addressed the scenario if my grandson getting it because someone was selfish.
The point is someone sees you or Dan o hunting and I know the chance of anyone seeing you guys is nill but then they say hey he's hunting guess I will as well and so on and so on

If it's open, they're going to come.   

It doesn't really matter whats said on HW about it,  they'll come.   

So why single out a handful of low risk guys on HW?   

I agree if it's open they will come and I'm not meaning to single out HW members on here however they are the ones who are having back and forth conversations and I know there are lurkers on here that might being watching these threads and thinking yeah why not I'm going hunting as well.
I think we should be a little better about the me me me instead of the US
My daughter doesn't have a chance to be selfish and stay home her and her fellow workers have to stay and help patience who some I'm sure have been unintentionally infected by selfish people
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
I'm not the masses and have agreed with you about this and I'm pissed that my other daughters work place is still open when it is deemed non essential also no one has addressed the scenario if my grandson getting it because someone was selfish.
The point is someone sees you or Dan o hunting and I know the chance of anyone seeing you guys is nill but then they say hey he's hunting guess I will as well and so on and so on

If it's open, they're going to come.   

It doesn't really matter whats said on HW about it,  they'll come.   

I agree if it's open they will come and I'm not meaning to single out HW members on here however they are the ones who are having back and forth conversations and I know there are lurkers on here that might being watching these threads and thinking yeah why not I'm going hunting as well.
I think we should be a little better about the me me me instead of the US
My daughter doesn't have a chance to be selfish and stay home her and her fellow workers have to stay and help patience who some I'm sure have been unintentionally infected by selfish people

I also hope my message didn’t come across like I was pointing it at anyone specifically. I’m sure a lot of the guys on here are 100% serious about not stopping and whatnot.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »
On the podcast susewind said today they would make a decision / announcement about turkey and spring bear.

I see this was just updated an hour ago.

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
They need to try and sell more turkey tags before they shut it down

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »
The term currently underway. 
None of the spring seasons have opened up yet.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »
Yeah, but he said they would make a decision and let it be known today.  They updated hunting closure this afternoon with no mention of turkey or bear closures planned.  Pretty safe to say they intend to leave it open for now.  They dont want to do refunds.

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2020, 01:27:52 PM »
Truck is all fueled up just sitting around and I can make it to the turkeys and back about 5 times before I'd have to get more fuel. I don't have to stop for a single thing and I avoid people like the black plague even before covid-19  :chuckle I'll be turkey hunting.I don't know where some of you guys turkey hunt but if you are encountering that many folks I'd go looking for a new spot because that's not normal  :twocents:

Even if WDFW says it is closed and illegal to hunt Turkeys?

Well of course not.  That wasn't the question.
The question was if it was left open would you go.....

I guess the big question is.
If they leave it open as it sits now are you going to travel to hunt?
Significant travel not advised
What I'm saying is how many would travel even after they have told you not too ,If Turkey season was left open.

LOL Missed that part  :chuckle: Thought you were going rogue on me, grab a six pack of Pepsi and take all the back roads  :chuckle:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2020, 01:30:54 PM »
Yeah, but he said they would make a decision and let it be known today.  They updated hunting closure this afternoon with no mention of turkey or bear closures planned.  Pretty safe to say they intend to leave it open for now.  They dont want to do refunds.

I think it'll be closed.  All hunting and fishing.

Hope you're right though,  I like your optimism  :tup:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2020, 01:31:35 PM »
Honestly, I fully expect a closure to happen. I need to shoot another turkey like I need another hole in my head so as much as I love calling birds it wouldn't be the end of the world for a few weeks but I really hope they leave youth weekend open.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
then there's Michigan....

https://wsbt.com/news/local/michigan-dnr-suspends-passport-fees-and-makes-all-state-parks-free

To encourage people to explore outside during the coronavirus pandemic, the DNR says their are no fees for people to enjoy the public areas and recreation spots throughout the state.

The DNR says, "whether you want to hike or bike a new trail, scout your next hunt, paddle the open water or find a favorite fishing spot...Michigan’s outdoors are here. Explore things to do on our website for inspiration; check out our YouTube channel for how-to videos; and get hunting and fishing licenses at our new license system website. Closer to home, you could soak up some sun on the back deck, walk around the block or jog the nearest local trail."

Fees will not be charged throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2020, 01:38:14 PM »
I would like to say it would be OK to just go fishing instead of turkey hunting but the secluded dock on the lake at the end of the street doesn't offer much right now since the water is closed. So fishing is out and turkey is out (for now too much travel) and the DNR down the street is closed. That leaves coyote in the back yard. Unless I can get the tractor working overtime to put in a private lake. I'd say it's down to house painting but even that would require a trip to the hardware store. Hey there is nightcrawler hunting.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2020, 01:39:16 PM »
and Missouri

https://www.kmbc.com/article/missouri-department-of-conservation-temporarily-waives-fishing-permits-starting-friday-because-of-covid-19-emergency-fish-coronavirus/31915140

The Missouri Department of Conservation and the Missouri Conservation Commission said they are temporarily waiving permit requirements for sport fishing or daily trout tags for Missouri residents and nonresidents during the COVID-19 outbreak.

The MDC said the waiver for a permit or trout tag to fish will run from Friday, March 27, through April 15, and all season dates and fish limits will continue to apply and be enforced.

“The current public-health emergency caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) has many Missourians and others looking for safe ways to get outside in nature,” MDC director Sara Parker Pauley said. “Missouri’s rivers and streams offer high quality fishing as a way for people to connect with nature while still complying with all health and safety recommendations. Fishing is also a great way to get some much needed physical and mental health benefits during this stressful time.”

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »
It doesn't really matter whats said on HW about it,  they'll come, and the vast majority of those who come won't have heard of HW let alone have an account here.     

Not only that but the worst people are going to go if it is open so it really is pointless to argue about it.

Meaning the guy that buys hot food at every single mini mart and rarely washes his hands is not going to be in some online discussion about whether or not going is ethical.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »
Closer or no, I will go, primarily to isolate myself on our property and work.  If by chance I take a break for a 1/2 day or full day, it would be nice to be able to drown a worm or use the license & turkey tag I purchased in January.  Otherwise I'll sit by the fire, sip bourbon, and read one of the many books I have packed and haven't pulled back out yet.  Or I'll pick up one of the free firewood permits hanging outside the door and cut firewood.  I know no one will get close to me in that activity.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2020, 01:56:05 PM »
then there's Michigan....

https://wsbt.com/news/local/michigan-dnr-suspends-passport-fees-and-makes-all-state-parks-free

To encourage people to explore outside during the coronavirus pandemic, the DNR says their are no fees for people to enjoy the public areas and recreation spots throughout the state.

The DNR says, "whether you want to hike or bike a new trail, scout your next hunt, paddle the open water or find a favorite fishing spot...Michigan’s outdoors are here. Explore things to do on our website for inspiration; check out our YouTube channel for how-to videos; and get hunting and fishing licenses at our new license system website. Closer to home, you could soak up some sun on the back deck, walk around the block or jog the nearest local trail."

Fees will not be charged throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.

And its free. Theres some salt in the wound lol

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter