collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey season shut down chances.  (Read 66788 times)

Offline Lady Grouse hunter

• Love life as it is and don't waste another minute of it...
  • Women's Board
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
  • NRA member
    • n/a
  • Groups: n/a
Re: Turkey season shut down chances.
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2020, 08:37:14 AM »
OHH How funny as those Turkeys R Lovin' Life with NO Turkie's out they're to ruin they're Gobblin' party!!! :IBCOOL:
One thing in LIFE is,,, We cannot out run time!

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »
terrible plan by comrads in olympia! from state lockdown to county lockdown to town lockdown to street lockdown... being treated like a F@#$#@$@ criminal! hope that after this is over some lawyers work over the state hard core!
@birddogdad

Not quite like a criminal.  We're letting them do what they want.  You're being treated the way law abiding, tax paying citizens are treated in this state:  Like peasants.  Remember, Inslee called the folks who protested "insubordinate".

Ironic since insleez has been nothing but insubordinate of the president.

Offline KDB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #482 on: April 22, 2020, 11:01:32 AM »
Sounds to me like giving up turkey hunting for a year is probably this best idea. I'm an east sider and a turkey hunter.  Don't open up the flood gates.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #483 on: April 22, 2020, 12:03:19 PM »
Sounds to me like giving up turkey hunting for a year is probably this best idea. I'm an east sider and a turkey hunter.  Don't open up the flood gates.
What if they allow you to hunt the county you live in.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2020, 12:04:16 PM »

flood gates is a funny discussion.. you mean normal amount of hunters in those areas holding birds.... as that is where people go for turkeys....  :twocents: The "local business owners"  control social distancing. me at a green gate parking a truck and walking or bicycling, running a mcd's drive thru or pumping gas  really are not strong arguments..
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #485 on: April 22, 2020, 12:05:39 PM »

flood gates is a funny discussion.. you mean normal amount of hunters in those areas holding birds.... as that is where people go for turkeys....  :twocents: The "local business owners"  control social distancing. me at a green gate parking a truck and walking or bicycling, running a mcd's drive thru or pumping gas  really are not strong arguments..
Agreed. It’d really be up to the hunters to be smart and do the right thing. But absolutely no reason we should get screwed out of an entire spring season. We can social distance while we are behind the gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #486 on: April 22, 2020, 12:10:04 PM »
This is going to be a slow roll out guys.  Not a flip of the switch.  It was talked about in our meeting with WDFW. Not recommended by us but most likely they are going to, if they open it up, allow hunting in the county you reside in first then monitor.  The open more up slowly.  The biggest population of turkey hunters are on the west side.  Most don't have turkeys in their county the reside in.  So don't get super excited yet.  It isn't going to open like we all hope it will.  Letters have been written from the NWTF to the governor and director of the NWTF to open the season.  We have been putting pressure on them.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
I've heard it being talked about a few different spots also.
Should WDFW open it up on a county level.
 :boxin:
Alright go
Let the popcorn fly.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #487 on: April 22, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »

I personally think it would be ridiculous to try and limit people to the county they live in. I'm not saying that I support people traveling, but as you can see by the way people act on this board its not going to stop people(just look at the people who still travel into Idaho for hunting when Idaho has considered recreational travel to be nonessential thus not allowed, but no enforcement), and theres going to be very little in the way of enforcement here. I just feel like we could instead not recommend travel, perhaps some would follow it, and issue some suggestions on limiting contact(for those who need to be told not to flood into the grocery stores, etc)... probably be better. or just as effective, as a "only in your county" unenforceable rule.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #488 on: April 22, 2020, 12:17:44 PM »
I think the county idea is horrible and I don't plan to hunt spring turkey either way.  For starters, it is a nightmare and likely not legal.  Second, it again puts hunting on a regulation far and above other recreation.  You can legally travel anywhere in the state, unless you have a fishing rod or hunting rifle you want to use.

Right now, there is no restriction on travel to go hiking, wake boarding, whatever you want to do other than fishing and hunting.  They say you shouldn't, but nobody is checking county licenses at boat ramps.  Many ramps are open, trailheads are open, lakes are open, rivers are open, parks are open.

In my opinion, everything should be on the same level, the virus doesn't care if you have a waterski on your foot or a camo boot.  All recreation should have the same regulations.

I'm afraid of setting a precedence that hunting and fishing should be treated different than something else.  It will then always be the first closed and last opened.

Push for equal treatment of all recreation.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #489 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »

Discrimination
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #490 on: April 22, 2020, 12:29:33 PM »
No discrimination is being treated differently for something you can’t control, it’s on you if you live somewhere you can’t hunt.
Open it up for the county you reside in!!

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #491 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
Open it without county restrictions. That’s ludicrous. Practice social distancing and we’ll be fine. As some have said, we can head up in grocery stores, go boating and drive all over the country, but as soon as fishing or hunting is involved then all of a sudden we should have restrictions? B.S. I have my plans. If u support having your freedoms restricted then good for you, not me.

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #492 on: April 22, 2020, 12:43:00 PM »
I think the county idea is horrible and I don't plan to hunt spring turkey either way.  For starters, it is a nightmare and likely not legal.  Second, it again puts hunting on a regulation far and above other recreation.  You can legally travel anywhere in the state, unless you have a fishing rod or hunting rifle you want to use.

Right now, there is no restriction on travel to go hiking, wake boarding, whatever you want to do other than fishing and hunting.  They say you shouldn't, but nobody is checking county licenses at boat ramps.  Many ramps are open, trailheads are open, lakes are open, rivers are open, parks are open.

In my opinion, everything should be on the same level, the virus doesn't care if you have a waterski on your foot or a camo boot.  All recreation should have the same regulations.

I'm afraid of setting a precedence that hunting and fishing should be treated different than something else.  It will then always be the first closed and last opened.

Push for equal treatment of all recreation.

:yeah:

This is where I'm at.... to say someone going hiking poses less of a threat to taking away needed medical resources because of a possible incident then someone going hunting (or fishing) is a joke. Google it. "Hiking Accident Washington State" versus "Hunting Accident Washington State". One obviously has more and its not hunting.

And I don't need google to tell me if there are more people recreational hikers in WA then there are hunters in Washington either. Just complete and utter cow manure. Try to convince me that hikers only stay in their area and don't pose a threat with travelling. You wont, you can't.

Would love an honest answer, like honest answer. Just say it, "I Gov Inslee am a bunny lover and therefore will take every opportunity I can to stop people from hunting whenever I can because my tree hugging, granola eating, uninformed Puget Sound constituents will support me if I do."
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #493 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
No discrimination is being treated differently for something you can’t control, it’s on you if you live somewhere you can’t hunt.
Open it up for the county you reside in!!

I have no control over the government telling me I can't hunt.  I still fail to see why we allow hunting and fishing to be treated differently than any other recreation.  We are almost cheering the possibility of restricting public land and animal access to few people.

I love to crab but if someone proposed never allowing anyone on the east side to be able to come over and catch some crab, I would be the first guy to cry foul.

We all chose our residence based on the notion that public lands and animals were open to all.

If we should stay home, let's stay home.  If we can travel, then let's travel.  Make it apply to any recreation, same rules for everything.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Open it all up!  Show me other states where they are attributing hunting and fishing to outbreaks!  The whole argument is void at this point.  Get it open!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal