collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 870 Express Mods  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
Re: 870 Express Mods
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 04:04:44 PM »
Looks good & functional for home defense. :tup:

Thanks man! That stock really bothers me. There is just the tiniest bit of travel if you try and torque the grip and the foregrip in the opposite direction. That, and the gap between the stock and the receiver just bugs me.

I'm going to call Archangels customer service tomorrow and see if they have any advice, otherwise I'll probably just get this

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/stocks/sga-stock-remington-870.html?mp_global_color=118

I like the looks of the Magpul better. But my money would be on old school police riot gun repro.

I have a Marine Magnum and it came with a speed feed stock.

I can't think of changing anything, other than to get a 590A1 to go with it.

Offline magnanimous_j

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »

I'm pretty new to the modding thing. I never put money into aftermarket for cars or motorcycles (aside for accessories like a canopy or an upgraded stereo) because it always seemed like such a terrible return on investment.

If I hadn't kind of ended up with that shotgun, I probably would have just bought something factory-built that was close enough to what I wanted. And a 590 or a 870 Marine tactical would have been strong contenders. But I have to admit, its pretty satisfying to pick all the parts and put something together yourself.

Plus, I'm bored AF here and desperately needed a project. 

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »

I'm pretty new to the modding thing. I never put money into aftermarket for cars or motorcycles (aside for accessories like a canopy or an upgraded stereo) because it always seemed like such a terrible return on investment.

If I hadn't kind of ended up with that shotgun, I probably would have just bought something factory-built that was close enough to what I wanted. And a 590 or a 870 Marine tactical would have been strong contenders. But I have to admit, its pretty satisfying to pick all the parts and put something together yourself.

Pick up some more shells before they are all gone like all other ammo is getting  :twocents:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
I think it looks better with that Magpul stock.     :tup:

It definitely looks like it's up for the task.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 06:37:39 PM »

*cough*

ARs

*cough*

Offline magnanimous_j

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »

Pick up some more shells before they are all gone like all other ammo is getting  :twocents:

https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/west/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_93_283&products_id=31493

I bought 100 rds of this. I'm going to the range tomorrow to test it out. If it works well, I'll probably get a 250rd case.

I like this site because they ship really quickly and the packaging it shows up with is hilarious. But in terms of ammo availability, they are pretty much in the same boat as all the other big sites.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 06:45:50 PM »
Check out some #4, too.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 05:21:04 AM »
You don’t want those cheap sling swivels.  Total junk
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal