collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Damaged camera- probably need a new one  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Rufous

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Damaged camera- probably need a new one
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:11:24 AM »
I accidentally dropped my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Digital Camera in the water last Sunday. I tried to dry it out by putting it in a container with rice and then put that container over a heat vent on the floor for a few days. When I turned it on the lens still zooms in and out but the screen does not work.

Any thoughts on whether or not I should bother sending it in to see about getting it repaired?

I bought it a couple years ago and like the camera and may just get another one if this one is truly ruined but I thought I would see if anyone can provide a strong argument for something else that is similar in size, features etc.

My main use for a camera these days is when I am out bird watching. I don't want a monster camera and lens and like being able to slip my camera into a pocket at times.

I have also really liked the ability to operate this camera with my phone and then transfer the photos to my phone via Wifi and the Image App. I will sometimes put my camera on my tripod outside by our bird feeder and then take pics from inside the house without spooking the birds. Pretty cool.

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
Re: Damaged camera- probably need a new one
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 04:48:28 PM »
My Wife loves it when I drop another Camera into the Drink. Makes it easy for her to know what to get me for Christmas.  :sry:
Rufous, Sounds like a new Camera is in order, sorry.
Doug
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline scotsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Longhunter
Re: Damaged camera- probably need a new one
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:43:09 AM »
I’d get a new(er) camera. The Lumix zs series is a good one and if you like it get another. Lots of people these days don't appreciate the attributes of a good optical zoom so sell their barely used camera on ebay. If you haven't checked already, go to ebay and pick one up cheap.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal