collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hobbies while on restriction  (Read 12477 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Hobbies while on restriction
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »
So far, I've organized the tool bench (which has needed it for two years or more), a few small projects inside, cleaned all of the firearms and knives, and started today on stairs for the slope in the backyard. Just waiting on Lowes to tell me the lumber is ready for pick-up. God, there are tons of rocks in our yard - big suckers.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 02:33:46 PM »
Very nice - nice on the workbench and murphy bed, too.   

Do you do work on commission?  I am kind of liking that last axe in the last pic.

As for me, IT, the last day or so.  Win10 blows.
pretty much on a one at a time commission basis as I’m fairly new to this so not the fastest
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »
Just ordered a Faxon 5.56 pencil barrel to complete a lightweight carbine build.  Forgot to order a glock front sight tool.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »
Very nice - nice on the workbench and murphy bed, too.   

Do you do work on commission?  I am kind of liking that last axe in the last pic.

As for me, IT, the last day or so.  Win10 blows.

Windows 10 has been horrible. I bet Ive lost 100 hours to it since it came out. Phasing out windows mobile device center was a big issue, although there is now a solid workaround.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »
So far, I've organized the tool bench (which has needed it for two years or more), a few small projects inside, cleaned all of the firearms and knives, and started today on stairs for the slope in the backyard. Just waiting on Lowes to tell me the lumber is ready for pick-up. God, there are tons of rocks in our yard - big suckers.

Got the steps in. I need to put something in the bottom of the forward/downhill edges to keep the dirt from bleeding down to the step below. As soon as I finish that, I'll finish filling, put down the fabric, and top it with crushed rock to match the patio area. I used some roofing flashing to keep the dirt in its own boxes. Fabric went down and the gravel is in place (Pic added). They didn't have crushed rock, so I'll need to stabilize with cement mixed in, probably one bag per step. Then, we'll just need to pretty it up around the outside.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:01:08 AM by pianoman9701 »
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »
Windows 10 has been horrible. I bet Ive lost 100 hours to it since it came out. Phasing out windows mobile device center was a big issue, although there is now a solid workaround.

The merging of mobile with desktop has to be one of the world's greatest blunders along with subscription model for office.  I absolutely loathe the settings "app" garbage.  And you can completely bork a windows 10 system just by letting windows 10 do windows 10 stuff, like their forced automatic updates. 

When drive imaging becomes the best recovery strategy for an anticipated and unavoidable broken system, you've really screwed the pooch.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 05:16:36 PM »
We just finished closing off a back wall on one of our metal buildings.  The one next to it will be getting 2 more walls and doors on the front and both will be getting concrete floors at some point.
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 05:31:02 PM »

The merging of mobile with desktop has to be one of the world's greatest blunders along with subscription model for office.  I absolutely loathe the settings "app" garbage.  And you can completely bork a windows 10 system just by letting windows 10 do windows 10 stuff, like their forced automatic updates. 

When drive imaging becomes the best recovery strategy for an anticipated and unavoidable broken system, you've really screwed the pooch.

Agreed the subscription is a farce, not as bad as what Adobe has pulled but.bad nonetheless.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »

Got the steps in. I need to put something in the bottom of the forward/downhill edges to keep the dirt from bleeding down to the step below. As soon as I finish that, I'll finish filling, put down the fabric, and top it with crushed rock to match the patio area.

Looks nice, looks like youve got a good garden area. We have a similar type path in our backyard, I took the easy route and dug in some flagstone for steps but I like the finished loom yours will have.

Offline JL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, CCRKBA, RMEF
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 08:41:41 PM »
Building a flintlock .50.

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 12:29:31 PM »
building another axe....
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2020, 12:33:38 PM »
Hitting it pretty hardcore in the garage gym while preparing for the fall season.

Offline Rem14

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor,SASS Life,RMEF,NWTF
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »
Just got done bottling  5 gallons of beer, two weeks will have another 5 gallons to bottle. Not only does my wife love to hunt she is one heck of a Brew-meister. Finishing up 49 Ford F-4, then I can start on the 49 Ford F-1 panel.

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 05:49:45 PM »

Agreed the subscription is a farce, not as bad as what Adobe has pulled but.bad nonetheless.

Re-imaging is a product of outsourcing all the desktop IT to the lowest bidder,  :chuckle:
If the did not re-image, they would have to know how to troubleshoot........... wait errrr.  :o

Don't get me started on the Control Panel crap... Sure lets take the most important part of a OS split everything up and rename each tool and hide it in obscure locations.....

And the subscription model is from hell!

I will never buy another Adobe product ever. I am running Lightroom 6 still, the last non-subscription version.
I deal with Adobe's ridiculous licensing scheme every day at work, not going to do it at home as well.

And my biggest peeve with Windows 10, who in their right mind though it was a good idea to have Windows 10 decide you want all your windows minimized if you happen to drag one of the open windows to close to the edge of the screen  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
And of course there a Reg Edit to make it stop, until the next update, that will turn it back on again.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »
Re-imaging is a product of outsourcing all the desktop IT to the lowest bidder,  :chuckle:
If the did not re-image, they would have to know how to troubleshoot........... wait errrr.  :o

Them's fighting words.  Re-imaging comes at the end of the string of failed Win10 recovery tools, registry edits, offline updates and downdates, kludges, and other assorted voodoo and kungfu, hours lost, and hilarious MS forum visits with their so-called certified masters who don't even read posts and just repost random crap from the internet.  All because of failed Win10 forced automatic updates.

Two machines back up, though.

I use Linux Lite on a few devices, and updates are a dream.  A 10-15 minute affair.  Maybe a reboot.  And it updates all software installed on the computer.  MS should be ashamed.

Don't get me started on the Control Panel crap... Sure lets take the most important part of a OS split everything up and rename each tool and hide it in obscure locations.....

This was one of the most maddening things about Win10.

And the subscription model is from hell!

I will never buy another Adobe product ever. I am running Lightroom 6 still, the last non-subscription version.
I deal with Adobe's ridiculous licensing scheme every day at work, not going to do it at home as well.

Software subscriptions are for suckers.  Building my next computer soon, and it will be Linux Mint.  I may run Win 10 in a VM just for a few programs that are necessary and not available on Linux.  Subscribe to that.

And my biggest peeve with Windows 10, who in their right mind though it was a good idea to have Windows 10 decide you want all your windows minimized if you happen to drag one of the open windows to close to the edge of the screen  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

And of course there a Reg Edit to make it stop, until the next update, that will turn it back on again.

I discovered that certain of Win 10 updates - ones that are uninstallable (of course, and the ones that hang), and oh yeah, forced and automatic, unless you edit 20-30 files to mark the packages as removable - wipe out your restore points.  Fun time figuring that one out.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]