collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear Closed  (Read 24777 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Spring Bear Closed
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 07:48:47 AM »
It pretty clearly says that if they do not open the spring season, you can request yphr points back anytime.

The are also allowing you to request points back now and forego any hunting if they do open it up later on.

Makes sense to me how they are doing it.  :twocents:

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 08:02:02 AM »
So if I don't get my points back today I lose every thing.Bummer lost all my business this is when I sell bear calls and my bear calling seminar at Cabelas LOL. Getting very confused. took for ever to get Kelly hill LOL.
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Online Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2020, 08:05:35 AM »
Fishing, I kind of understood do to the shear numbers of people statewide and limited access on the west side of the state (it was explained very well on another thread).  Spring Bear is very limited....like less than 700 participants spread literally all over the state.  There are more than 700 people daily driving all over the state just because.  Instead of closing it they should have put out a public memo to stay safe when hunting and reccomended packing all needed food, wearing gloves at the gass stations and being responsible.  Just doesn't make much sense when it is such a small part of the population and they would be social distancing in the woods where they are less likely to infect others or become infected.   :bash:
I thought it was only some NE units?  Somehow they figured 90% of the hunters going to those units were from the westside units loaded with coronavirus.
I guess they don't have any residents from the NE hunting the westside units, having to drive through Seattle or Tacoma, and then bring it back later?

If they do, I bet it's well under 10%.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »
So if I don't get my points back today I lose every thing.Bummer lost all my business this is when I sell bear calls and my bear calling seminar at Cabelas LOL. Getting very confused. took for ever to get Kelly hill LOL.
You can either request points now and risk them opening it and you not having a permit anymore or wait it put with your permit and hunt if they open it.
If they do not open it at all you are still entitled to your points back at a later date.

Online hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2020, 08:41:13 AM »
One thing I don't understand is why do I have to request my points if they don't open the season.
Shouldn't they just give them back to ya no questions asked.
They closed the North East over 390 permits that most won't even hunt that much.Take off 10% for people that live here in the N.E that's 39 people they bent over.
I guess it's time to go to home depot like everyone else and get some project's started.Instead of being in the middle of nowhere glassing hills.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2020, 08:51:37 AM »
Thanks Bull Blaster going to hold out.
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2020, 09:01:15 AM »
if it were me, id personally hold out. looks like everyone has the email stating that any time can request points restored if season doesnt open. id chance it, long season and we appear to be on the downhill side of this craziness. question for you all, if fires were ripping through, shutting down the units, would you have the same complaints? i get it, it sucks. ive seen guys have to turn in premium tags due to fires and only get points back, still having not drawn those tags again. cant control everything that is going on, its life, gotta roll with it.

Online andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
It would be really nice if they would give some kind of guarantee that if the seasons aren’t open by May 15th, or some other date, that they won’t open it at all. I would hate to hold out only to have them open it June 1st for 15 days of tick infested hunting for rubbed out bears.

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2020, 11:03:20 AM »
Well I think I am going to play stupid on this. The email they officially sent out specifically states we can get our points back at any time. If they refuse, they have no leg to stand on and I am sure it will be a *censored* show. I am willing to bet far less than half the people who drew tags are on this forum and know about the contradictory statements from the WDFW.

I just want to go bear hunting

A d the correction email they sent out today did you read it ? They don't and haven't ever in past compromised much even when they make a mistake

Offline HoytHunter24

• Tracker
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »
Well I think I am going to play stupid on this. The email they officially sent out specifically states we can get our points back at any time. If they refuse, they have no leg to stand on and I am sure it will be a *censored* show. I am willing to bet far less than half the people who drew tags are on this forum and know about the contradictory statements from the WDFW.

I just want to go bear hunting

A d the correction email they sent out today did you read it ? They don't and haven't ever in past compromised much even when they make a mistake

I have not received any email from them today?

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »
Looks like that added huckleberry on new email but still states the at any time . I have no faith in the anytime they have and will do as they want and person on phone and email stated before hunt starts

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »
No new email here either
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »
Got.at 952am this morm

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »
Wow, what a crock of BS! Having one day to forfeit your permit or you otherwise lose your points if they open the last week of the season is not even remotely how their E-Mail is written! Anyone not on this thread will be completely blind-sided by this if they actually open it late. Why are their E-Mails always so vague?? ALWAYS. How hard would it be for them to specifically line that out in an E-Mail  :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline drhunter04

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: north american hunter
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2020, 12:31:52 PM »
I just talked with Eric Gardner,Wildlife Program,
(360) 902-2510 from WDFW. He clarified we will have unit the hunt actually starts to decide if you want your points back or not. I told him I had heard otherwise in an email from WDFW and expressed the general confusion everyone has. He said he would get an official release sent out right away to officially clarify. Hold tight tag holders! He was very understanding and  wanted to help.

Thanks Eric Gardner for the help!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg