collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear Closed  (Read 24779 times)

Offline HoytHunter24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Spring Bear Closed
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
I just talked with Eric Gardner,Wildlife Program,
(360) 902-2510 from WDFW. He clarified we will have unit the hunt actually starts to decide if you want your points back or not. I told him I had heard otherwise in an email from WDFW and expressed the general confusion everyone has. He said he would get an official release sent out right away to officially clarify. Hold tight tag holders! He was very understanding and  wanted to help.

Thanks Eric Gardner for the help!

This is good to hear. thank you for updating us and explaining our frustration!

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2020, 12:48:45 PM »
So if I don't get my points back today I lose every thing.Bummer lost all my business this is when I sell bear calls and my bear calling seminar at Cabelas LOL. Getting very confused. took for ever to get Kelly hill LOL.

Mid-May seems to be one of the best times to hunt spring bear up this way.Hopefully they will open it by then..Here are some Kelly Hill spring bear.. Beautiful color phase bear up there....look at the date on the trail cam pic.. Hope you get to go!!
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
I just talked with Eric Gardner,Wildlife Program,
(360) 902-2510 from WDFW. He clarified we will have unit the hunt actually starts to decide if you want your points back or not. I told him I had heard otherwise in an email from WDFW and expressed the general confusion everyone has. He said he would get an official release sent out right away to officially clarify. Hold tight tag holders! He was very understanding and  wanted to help.

Thanks Eric Gardner for the help!
Very good. Thank you.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »
Here in writing  they say we can wait and see

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2020, 03:02:49 PM »
It would be nice if they would give the tags back next year but i doubt that will happen

I don't have a horse in the race ( I just OTC spring bear in Idaho), however they should reissue tags for any unsuccessful tag holders from this year plus draw the normal amount again.  Plenty of bears, too many to miss a year of harvest.

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »
april isnt usually not real productive dont see why couldnt just delay month unless there is real up tick in things

Offline jason4429

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2020, 10:09:47 AM »
Washington doesn’t even have any travel restrictions for travelers from other states, but they are going to say I can’t travel to the next county. They are so ridiculous. I’m required to travel further then that to go to work. Where I’m around people all day. Such b.s.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2020, 10:20:47 AM »
Washington doesn’t even have any travel restrictions for travelers from other states, but they are going to say I can’t travel to the next county. They are so ridiculous. I’m required to travel further then that to go to work. Where I’m around people all day. Such b.s.
Total agree
Bunch of B.S. I live less than 5 miles away from where I would be hunting .
It's 390 NE Washington tags they are not opening .Im just waiting it out to see how it plays out with general Turkey season,or west side bear permits.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2020, 10:31:07 AM »
I honestly don't see how closing anything helps with social distance when it applys to hunting.You want to close bear seasons down ,take away youth Turkey,What then try to jam pack everybody into some opening day .This type of thinking may have worse effects then just keeping it open.Only WDFW could come up with a great idea as good as this one.

Offline Gunsmoke

• Hunter
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
My season isn't supposed to start until the 15th but if we don't get a season I would like the option to roll it over to next spring. They only gave 18 permits, I may never draw again. This sucks!
Liberals are very compassionate with other people's money!

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
My season isn't supposed to start until the 15th but if we don't get a season I would like the option to roll it over to next spring. They only gave 18 permits, I may never draw again. This sucks!

You won't get the option to push it  no matter what the circumstance have they done that before on anything other than a few oil tags ?

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2020, 11:06:51 AM »
Total agree
It's 390 NE Washington tags they are not opening .Im just waiting it out to see how it plays out with general Turkey season,or west side bear permits.

Just curious......So you wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 West-siders, say from Seattle or Kirkland, coming to YOUR area to hunt while you are there?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
Total agree

Just curious......So you wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 West-siders, say from Seattle or Kirkland, coming to YOUR area to hunt while you are there?
Nope don't mind at all ,just be respectful like you would at home, wash your hand little hand sanitizer every now and then ,your good to go.ohh and don't cough on me at the gas station .Now I don't speak for everybody in the county mind you,and most of my extra time would be in the woods ,so I dont think are chances of meeting are slim.
I was on my way home from work that hotel in colville has there reader board that says right now welcome hunters,I was a little shocked to see it saying that.Thought to myself ,no hunters coming to town buddy.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
some east siders are so funny, you think those of us who live on the wet side are walking around like zombie's with the plague. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
some east siders are so funny, you think those of us who live on the wet side are walking around like zombie's with the plague. 
No I try not to think that .but all that stuff I've been doing myself.I use hand sanitizer after the gas station,wash my hands after restroom. And I don't want anybody coughing on me doesn't matter east or west.I also wear a mask a big stores,Costco,Wal-Mart,WinCo,ECT.n95 mask too.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]