collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey Idaho ?  (Read 9067 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: Turkey Idaho ?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »
Same can be said of east and west Washington do you guys really think nobody is crossing over right now . Maybe slowed down a small % .But still happening.And yes I know flatten the curve / save lives.Slow it down a lot and we will be economic disaster/and in a shutdown for a year/speed it up too many lives lost.
I say hunt while you have the chance /hand sanitizer before and after gas/grocery stops/social distance/lower your human footprint on the area and go for it.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 04:50:41 PM »
Same can be said of east and west Washington do you guys really think nobody is crossing over right now . Maybe slowed down a small % .But still happening.And yes I know flatten the curve / save lives.Slow it down a lot and we will be economic disaster/and in a shutdown for a year/speed it up too many lives lost.
I say hunt while you have the chance /hand sanitizer before and after gas/grocery stops/social distance/lower your human footprint on the area and go for it.

So since other people are doing it, then that makes it ok? This is exactly the reason we are going to be shutdown for longer than we have to be. I am not singling you out, just in general because people can't just make the sacrifice and do what has been advised
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »

So since other people are doing it, then that makes it ok? This is exactly the reason we are going to be shutdown for longer than we have to be. I am not singling you out, just in general because people can't just make the sacrifice and do what has been advised
Is what it is. If I cross here or there for"essentials" and do it as safely as possible so be it.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
The bigger problem in all of this is the divide in sportsmen this virus has caused. See some of the replies to my earlier post under this thread in you need examples. I see it everywhere, this site, social media, etc. Sportsmen are relentlessly attacking each other other over any and all difference in opinions. People in general are going for each others throats. Amazing how a pandemic like this reveals everyones dark side. The key thing we need to remember is that the sport of hunting is under constant attack in our current age. We've got to band together to fight for our traditions and heritage to carry on and fighting and bickering with each other is not how we accomplish that.
No, the bigger problem is the disdain for other people's lives. This is literally a life or death situation for a lot of people. A Turkey isn't worth someone else's life.  At least for me. I love hunting more than anything in the world but if I have to stay home this fall  for the greater good then so be it. It will be terrible and I'll be upset but human life is more important.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »
All y'all who are suggesting people don't go turkey hunting don't understand. Spring turkey hunting is our religion. Not going turkey hunting is sacrilege. You can't tell me me that any minimal service needs you have while turkey hunting like getting gas or groceries is any different than essential employees that potentially have the virus that stop at those exact same services for gas and groceries. In fact with most people quarantined, its really the essential employees still at work and out and about that are really the ones continuing the bulk of the spread. I'll be turkey hunting as usual on April 15th, even if I'm forced to go somewhere else.
Speaking of religions. They are not holding services right now...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:48:37 PM by grundy53 »
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 05:32:55 PM »
All y'all who are suggesting people don't go turkey hunting don't understand. Spring turkey hunting is our religion. Not going turkey hunting is sacrilege. You can't tell me me that any minimal service needs you have while turkey hunting like getting gas or groceries is any different than essential employees that potentially have the virus that stop at those exact same services for gas and groceries. In fact with most people quarantined, its really the essential employees still at work and out and about that are really the ones continuing the bulk of the spread. I'll be turkey hunting as usual on April 15th, even if I'm forced to go somewhere else.
Speaking of religions. They are holding services right now...

:chuckle:   Ain't no Turkey worth killing people for.
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 06:57:27 PM »

Is what it is. If I cross here or there for"essentials" and do it as safely as possible so be it.

Offline boatloader

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
    • Matt Kanarr
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
If I were Idaho I would shut the state down to non resident hunting through the summer and would seriously consider keeping it shut down this coming fall as well.
Why hasn't the whole country done this already? What would be the problem in that? According to all you folks, going hunting is practically how all of this spreads anyhow. According to all the fear mongering concern trolls on this forum everyone should be calling their fish and wildlife departments and begging them to shut down all activities indefinitely!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »
If I were Idaho I would shut the state down to non resident hunting through the summer and would seriously consider keeping it shut down this coming fall as well.
Why hasn't the whole country done this already? What would be the problem in that? According to all you folks, going hunting is practically how all of this spreads anyhow. According to all the fear mongering concern trolls on this forum everyone should be calling their fish and wildlife departments and begging them to shut down all activities indefinitely!

Not everyone agrees with the hunting and fishing closures. I think travel restrictions or a travel advisory would have been much better than closing hunting and fishing. People who have hunting and fishing out their back door are being penalized by this herd mentality of closing it all! In fact many states are encouraging people to hunt and fish. It comes as no surprise that Washington would use this as an opportunity to close hunting and fishing when at the same time they are advising many types of other outdoor recreation!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »

Interesting entry to the forum.

Welcome?

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »

Not everyone agrees with the hunting and fishing closures. I think travel restrictions or a travel advisory would have been much better than closing hunting and fishing. People who have hunting and fishing out their back door are being penalized by this herd mentality of closing it all! In fact many states are encouraging people to hunt and fish. It comes as no surprise that Washington would use this as an opportunity to close all hunting and fishing when at the same time they are advising many types of other outdoor recreation!  :twocents:

The question is, how would they go about setting those distance requirements as to what is authorized travel and what isn't? I think even more people would complain about this because they would feel excluded...  :dunno: I think far more people have to travel more than a few miles to hunt or fish versus those that are lucky enough to have it in their "back yard"  :twocents:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
This thread is not dissimilar to the WDFW redemption thread, there are a multitude of ideas that are not physically or legally possible.  The only option WDFW will have is to either keep it open or close it.

With clams, we know there was significant pressure from the county health department.  I wouldn't be surprised if other game departments are getting similar calls and with ID, everyone is aware of the number of people coming from state of more infections.  Likewise, the NE corner of the state is likely very concerned about people coming from all over the state. 

The difference with turkeys is the local health departments don't have the authority to close the places where turkeys are shot so it will be the game department's call.  I'm sure they are also getting calls from hotels and guides begging them to keep it open.

Online ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »
There is absolutely safe ways to hunt and enjoy outdoor recreation, and there is unsafe practices as well. I understand the flocking to the NE corner where if that community had an outbreak of the virus they may not be able to have the hospitals and the doctor numbers necessary to deal with it. I wish we could find out some regulations during this time to make hunting and fishing possible. I want the seasons to be a go just as much as anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »

Not everyone agrees with the hunting and fishing closures. I think travel restrictions or a travel advisory would have been much better than closing hunting and fishing. People who have hunting and fishing out their back door are being penalized by this herd mentality of closing it all! In fact many states are encouraging people to hunt and fish. It comes as no surprise that Washington would use this as an opportunity to close all hunting and fishing when at the same time they are advising many types of other outdoor recreation!  :twocents:

The question is, how would they go about setting those distance requirements as to what is authorized travel and what isn't? I think even more people would complain about this because they would feel excluded...  :dunno: I think far more people have to travel more than a few miles to hunt or fish versus those that are lucky enough to have it in their "back yard"  :twocents:

We already have a stay home stay safe order and social distancing, with exceptions for recreating near your home. :dunno:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 10:59:05 AM »

We already have a stay home stay safe order with exceptions for recreating near your home. :dunno:

yep but as we can see from a lot of threads "near" is a loose term that can easily be stretched and skewed to justify the trip. It sucks all the way around but I think they had no choice other than to do an all or nothing

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter