collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey Idaho ?  (Read 9071 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Turkey Idaho ?
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 08:48:37 AM »
Good move, Idaho.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
Well I guess this takes care of any idea of hunting turkey here.

From: Idaho Fish and Game [mailto:idfishgame@public.govdelivery.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:26 AM
To: alsanmoody@gmail.com
Subject: Nonresident licenses, permits, and tags sales temporarily suspended by F&G Commission

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

idaho fish and game
Nonresident licenses, permits, and tags sales temporarily suspended by F&G Commission

Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.
At their April 4 meeting, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted a rule that temporarily suspends the sale of several types of nonresident fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits.  The action is effective immediately and lasts until the rule is repealed consistent with relevant state of Idaho public health orders.

The Commission found this rulemaking supportive of the protection of public health consistent with the March 25 Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Order to Self-Isolate for the State of Idaho in response to COVID-19.

Fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to the April 4 Commission action are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons, which remain in effect.

Nonresident hunting licenses along with currently available nonresident deer and elk tags are not included in the suspension. Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.

The Commission action does not affect Idaho residents and there are no new limitations on resident purchase of licenses, tags, and permits or any changes to existing seasons.

Nonresidents and resident hunters, anglers, and trappers are reminded about state of Idaho guidance for outdoor recreation: follow social distancing directives of at least 6 feet, day trips are encouraged, check before heading out because many recreation sites are closed, and bring your own supplies. Outfitting and guiding are permissible with adherence to outdoor recreation guidelines.

The following is the list of nonresident items suspended from sale

Nonresident annual and three-year combination, fishing, and trapping licenses.
Nonresident Hunting Passports.
Nonresident junior annual and three-year fishing licenses.
Nonresident annual and 3-day small game hunting licenses.
Nonresident daily (including consecutive day) fishing licenses.
Nonresident 3-day fishing licenses with salmon/steelhead permits.
Nonresident nongame hunting licenses.
Nonresident game tags for black bear, turkey, mountain lion, and gray wolf, including nonresident junior mentored and nonresident disabled American veteran tags for these species.
Nonresident permits for black bear baiting, hound hunter, salmon, and steelhead.
Nonresident falconry meet permits.
Nonresident sport dog and falconry training permits.
Nonresident fishing tournament permits (suspension of sales of resident and nonresident tournament permits was implemented by Order 20-30).
Nonresident dog field trial permits.
F&G COVID-19 Updates

Idaho Department of Fish & Game
P.O. Box 25, Boise, ID 83707
600 S. Walnut, Boise, ID 83712

(208) 334-3700
idfg.idaho.gov

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

facebooktwitterinstagramyoutubeflickrfeed
You are receiving this email because you signed up for Idaho Fish and Game updates
and/or because it relates to a purchase you made. Emails may contain promotional
information on licenses, tags, permits, controlled hunts, or events.

Click here to change your Subscriber Preferences. 
To unsubscribe and delete your account click here
To send us an email with your questions, use this address - idfgreply@idfg.idaho.gov.
Visit us on the web at idfg.idaho.gov

This email was sent to alsanmoody@gmail.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Idaho Fish and Game · 600 S Walnut · Boise ID 83712 · 208-334-3700
GovDelivery logo
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »
The important part:

Fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to the April 4 Commission action are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons, which remain in effect.

(if you already have a non-resident license and tag you can still hunt, also they are still allowing residents to buy tags and licenses)
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 01:30:32 PM »
Good move, Idaho.
The only reason for doing it ,is cause Washington can't seem to keep our seasons open.The surge of hunters from Washington who want to hunt.
If Washington would keep our seasons open ,Idaho wouldn't be forced to stop sales.If they where worried about covid19 they would shutdown seasons.It sounds like they have sold a significant amount already ,and allow them to hunt ,now that's a good move.It was forced on them due to Washington.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 10:08:06 PM »
Are there religious exemptions though? If spring turkey is our religion?

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2020, 06:52:37 AM »
I had already purchased my license and bear tag but didn’t have my bait permits yet, as they have to be purchased in person. I normally just swing in and grab them when I happen to be in CDA. When they sent out the email last week I sent my check in, but apparently I was to late. Idfg says they don’t have record of issuing them so when they receive my payment it will be retuned to me without permits. So now I have a license and tag but no bait permit.  :bash: Worst part is I’ve purchased tags and permits in Idaho for 15+ years, it’s not like I am just part of the corona crush to find a place to hunt.

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
If it is open and you have your tags. Go.  Be responsible, be respectable, be quiet about. Try not to stampede the herd.

Lets try not to contribute to coloring in of this map.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Idaho

No coincidence that area around Coeur d'Alene is a local hot spot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:37:25 PM by MR5x5 »

Offline shorthair15

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »
I would stay away until the covid 19 is under control if people head there a lot I’m sure it will cause problems. I was going to hunt there after I was done in eastern wa. Plans are on hold now just my 2 cents! It says may for Washington but they could extend it again! Maybe no spring season. Hopefully not.
Member of the NRA,GOA and Washington For Wildlife.NWTF member Disabled US NAVY Veteran 6/2/90 to 6/2/99 3 Good Conduct Medals, and 3 Honorable Discharges, 2 german shorthairs, tikka 6.5 creedmor,Remington 300 ULTRAMAG, GLOCK 22. Elk,Deer and upland birds and love Fishing

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
The Idaho Fish and Game Commission on April 9 amended its previous decision to temporarily suspend sales of some nonresident licenses, tags, and permits to allow nonresident sales under specific situations, including:

Allow nonresidents who bought a black bear tag prior to the temporary suspension on April 4 to also buy a bear bait permit, which is only available via mail and at department offices.
    Clarify that nonresidents who had a written – but unsigned – agreement with a licensed outfitter prior to April 4 are allowed to buy licenses, tags, permits for the outfitted trip. Written examples include: an agreement or letter signed by the outfitted client; an exchange of emails agreeing on trip terms; a written confirmation or reservation, or an exchange of emails with payment of a trip deposit. 
    Allow people who moved to Idaho to establish residency less than 6 months ago, or who have not gotten an Idaho driver’s license as required within 90 days of Idaho residency, to still purchase a nonresident license, tag, or permit under these conditions: 

1. Person produces an Idaho driver’s license, or Idaho Identification Card, issued by the Idaho Transportation Department, or a person produces two documents issued by a third party showing name and Idaho residence address, such as rent, mortgage receipts or utility bills.

2. Person signs a declaration demonstrating bona fide intent to become an Idaho resident.

People who are eligible to buy license and tags under these criteria must contact a Fish and Game regional office or headquarters via phone to arrange for the purchase of eligible nonresident items.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
 :yeah:  @Britt-dog
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »
I was listening to the call this morning. I’m happy with the decision. I have baited the same locations for many years and will be making many non stop whirlwind trips to keep baits hot and hunt. No contamination threat from me.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2020, 09:50:45 PM »
 :tup: :tup:  Good luck!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx