collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho to hold an emergency meeting tomorrow  (Read 7262 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Idaho to hold an emergency meeting tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »
So with the uproar on here with some people about guys going antler hunting, wanting to hunt youth turkey and spring bear, do you same guys hate Idaho for letting their residents hunt and fish?  I mean, how selfish is Idaho? They’ll probably be the next epicenter! 

:rolleyes:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
So with the uproar on here with some people about guys going antler hunting, wanting to hunt youth turkey and spring bear, do you same guys hate Idaho for letting their residents hunt and fish?  I mean, how selfish is Idaho? They’ll probably be the next epicenter! 

If you’re talking about me, I don’t hate Idaho. I don’t hate anyone. I do think people need to use common sense and understand the restrictions put on us are aimed at the travel aspect and not the hunting aspect. It seems very obvious to me yet folks keep going back to the “I don’t see anyone else in the woods” thing and that’s not at all what it’s about. I’m not sure if people don’t understand that for some reason or just choose to ignore it. So which one is it?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 09:43:19 AM »

If Washington hadn't closed spring bear, I couldn't blame a person a bit for using their tag. 

Idaho is keeping things open,  I have 800+ bux of tags and licenses in my pocket,  I'm going to use them unless they close the season like WA did. 

Then I will seek a refund. 

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »
I suspect this will now cause a panic purchase and deer and elk tags will start to disappear really fast.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 09:45:40 AM »
I think they knew that,  effective immediately. 

let us know what you see if you try to buy one? 

I may try to buy a 2nd wolf tag...

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »
I think they knew that,  effective immediately. 

let us know what you see if you try to buy one? 

I may try to buy a 2nd wolf tag...

I thought wolf tags were suspended?
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »
I just logged into my account

tons of missing stuff on the tabs

I cannot buy a 2nd wolf tag

they're just gone off the purchase tabs  *poof*

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
I’m not by any means calling you out Josh, I understand where you stand.  I was just wondering how the guys that think some of us are selfish azz hats feel about the Idaho residents enjoying their freedom to hunt and fish, do they think all those residents are being selfish too?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
I’m not by any means calling you out Josh, I understand where you stand.  I was just wondering how the guys that think some of us are selfish azz hats feel about the Idaho residents enjoying their freedom to hunt and fish, do they think all those residents are being selfish too?

"It is what it is" - regarding different states doing different styles of lock downs, we can't change any of it here.

The animosity being shared on this HW forum isn't going to change anything in the real world,  all you can do here is cause discontent,  and cause others to not enjoy your presence. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
Personally I think they’re just making recommendations right now to see how the future holds out. Wouldn’t surprise me if they shut it down. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

So do people understand the goal is not to stop you from hunting? It’s to keep people in their own communities limiting the risk of spreading it to a different community with low to no case counts. You have a lot of cases in your county. Garfield county has zero cases right now. Walla Walla county has 8 positive cases. They’d like to keep it that way.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
When Washington “shut down” hunting, we had a lot more cases than Idaho currently has I believe. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
Personally I think they’re just making recommendations right now to see how the future holds out. Wouldn’t surprise me if they shut it down. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

So do people understand the goal is not to stop you from hunting? It’s to keep people in their own communities limiting the risk of spreading it to a different community with low to no case counts. You have a lot of cases in your county. Garfield county has zero cases right now. Walla Walla county has 8 positive cases. They’d like to keep it that way.

:yeah:

Perzactly!

I too would not be suprised in the slightest if they shut down all non-res hunting and fishing in Idaho...

I would   

:peep:

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »

I'm not trying to be the bearer of bad news .But I've seen a few campers,dirtbiker,ECT. The past few days and this mourning as a matter of fact.
The longer the shutdown stays the more   recreation will continue to the point that nobody will even care that we are shutdown.
I guess what I'm saying is with so many essential places to go and do things .At some point They will only be hurting sportsmen on the lock down.And quite a few of us believe we are at that point now.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Idaho to hold an emergency meeting tomorrow
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
It’s not about who it’s hurting. It’s about who we’re not hurting.

But again, the “essential” stuff is supposed to be in your own area as much as possible. I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s ultra frustrating but saying screw it does nothing to get this over with.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 10:48:06 AM »
It’s not about who it’s hurting. It’s about who we’re not hurting.

But again, the “essential” stuff is supposed to be in your own area as much as possible. I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s ultra frustrating but saying screw it does nothing to get this over with.

I get it the travel issue is what it's all about .
There is two sides of the coin/ or two sides of the state.All of hunting got shutdown cause people won't stay on there side of the state.
So As a eastsider I could say I got screwed over by all the west side hunter.Now let's add Idaho into this ,even they are gonna honor non-residents tags that have already sold.Washington won't honor permits they already awarded,and don't want to refund anything .I say 👎 👎 👎
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal