collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho to hold an emergency meeting tomorrow  (Read 7251 times)

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Re: Idaho to hold an emergency meeting tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2020, 10:48:27 AM »
https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/IDFISHGAME/2018/12/2304541/idfishgame-banner-fishgame_original.png

Well I guess this takes care of any idea of hunting turkey here.

From: Idaho Fish and Game [mailto:idfishgame@public.govdelivery.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:26 AM
To: alsanmoody@gmail.com
Subject: Nonresident licenses, permits, and tags sales temporarily suspended by F&G Commission

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

idaho fish and game
Nonresident licenses, permits, and tags sales temporarily suspended by F&G Commission

Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.
At their April 4 meeting, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted a rule that temporarily suspends the sale of several types of nonresident fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits.  The action is effective immediately and lasts until the rule is repealed consistent with relevant state of Idaho public health orders.

The Commission found this rulemaking supportive of the protection of public health consistent with the March 25 Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Order to Self-Isolate for the State of Idaho in response to COVID-19.

Fishing and hunting licenses, tags, and permits purchased by nonresidents prior to the April 4 Commission action are still valid for existing hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons, which remain in effect.

Nonresident hunting licenses along with currently available nonresident deer and elk tags are not included in the suspension. Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall.

The Commission action does not affect Idaho residents and there are no new limitations on resident purchase of licenses, tags, and permits or any changes to existing seasons.

Nonresidents and resident hunters, anglers, and trappers are reminded about state of Idaho guidance for outdoor recreation: follow social distancing directives of at least 6 feet, day trips are encouraged, check before heading out because many recreation sites are closed, and bring your own supplies. Outfitting and guiding are permissible with adherence to outdoor recreation guidelines.

The following is the list of nonresident items suspended from sale

Nonresident annual and three-year combination, fishing, and trapping licenses.
Nonresident Hunting Passports.
Nonresident junior annual and three-year fishing licenses.
Nonresident annual and 3-day small game hunting licenses.
Nonresident daily (including consecutive day) fishing licenses.
Nonresident 3-day fishing licenses with salmon/steelhead permits.
Nonresident nongame hunting licenses.
Nonresident game tags for black bear, turkey, mountain lion, and gray wolf, including nonresident junior mentored and nonresident disabled American veteran tags for these species.
Nonresident permits for black bear baiting, hound hunter, salmon, and steelhead.
Nonresident falconry meet permits.
Nonresident sport dog and falconry training permits.
Nonresident fishing tournament permits (suspension of sales of resident and nonresident tournament permits was implemented by Order 20-30).
Nonresident dog field trial permits.
F&G COVID-19 Updates

Idaho Department of Fish & Game
P.O. Box 25, Boise, ID 83707
600 S. Walnut, Boise, ID 83712

(208) 334-3700
idfg.idaho.gov

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

facebooktwitterinstagramyoutubeflickrfeed
You are receiving this email because you signed up for Idaho Fish and Game updates
and/or because it relates to a purchase you made. Emails may contain promotional
information on licenses, tags, permits, controlled hunts, or events.

Click here to change your Subscriber Preferences. 
To unsubscribe and delete your account click here
To send us an email with your questions, use this address - idfgreply@idfg.idaho.gov.
Visit us on the web at idfg.idaho.gov

This email was sent to alsanmoody@gmail.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Idaho Fish and Game · 600 S Walnut · Boise ID 83712 · 208-334-3700
GovDelivery logo

There goes Idaho.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »
Last I checked your address gave you jack crap dibs on any side of the state. I buy a state tag for wa or a fishing license its for the state. The east west argument is so worn out its absurd.  Yes a few tags you designate east or west but this pandemic is not an east west thing. It's global.  Global.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »
Last I checked your address gave you jack crap dibs on any side of the state. I buy a state tag for wa or a fishing license its for the state. The east west argument is so worn out its absurd.  Yes a few tags you designate east or west but this pandemic is not an east west thing. It's global.  Global.

Spread the "love"?

Offline Wazntme

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
It sure sounds to me like the East siders don’t want us wet siders coming over there and I completely understand. But how many East siders will be coming over to the wet side to go out on their lingcod, bottomfish, or halibut trips. On may 5 the day after this order hopefully expires the virus will still be here so we will still be possibly infecting people, so let’s all be team wa not teams East west.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »
It sure sounds to me like the East siders don’t want us wet siders coming over there and I completely understand. But how many East siders will be coming over to the wet side to go out on their lingcod, bottomfish, or halibut trips. On may 5 the day after this order hopefully expires the virus will still be here so we will still be possibly infecting people, so let’s all be team wa not teams East west.

It won't be an issue, they aren't going to open fishing and keep hunting closed.   It'll all open at the same time. 

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2020, 11:19:14 AM »
Or stay closed. :dunno:
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline Jimmy33

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »
Im pretty sure that if you didn’t  buy your Idaho license already then you will be unable to do so as a non resident until the temporary ban ends. You can only buy deer and elk tags if you already have a license and you are unable to buy “spring time” game tags if you are a non resident even if you already have a license. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
I suspect this will now cause a panic purchase and deer and elk tags will start to disappear really fast.

:yeah: I just panicked and bought mine this morning lol.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »
I suspect this will now cause a panic purchase and deer and elk tags will start to disappear really fast.

:yeah: I just panicked and bought mine this morning lol.

oh yea, all be gone in a few days......

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »
no further non-res sales, hunters who already have tags and licenses can hunt

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,248146.msg3339684.html#msg3339684
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »
Honestly I think Idaho had to do this cause of washington closing.They don't want the surge of people trying to come over cause Washington is closed.If washington would leave seasons open Idaho wouldn't have stop non-residents sales.
Idaho is awesome to to allow people who already bought there tags to come hunt.Washinhton 👎 👎 👎
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2020, 12:49:53 PM »
 :yeah: Agree 100%, and idaho is advising recreationists, residents and non-residents, to bring what you need and not empty local stores, to practice social distancing, a much more intelligent way of managing hunting and fishing IMO.

I am receiving guidance on best practices for operating my outfitting business in Idaho. In WA a blanket closure, even though I have turkeys and bear hunting available without even going through town. 
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,248146.msg3339684.html#msg3339684

But my understanding is that you can still buy a non res license and deer and elk tags...you just can't buy a tag for something currently open or about to be open.? Am I wrong.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2020, 01:02:44 PM »

But my understanding is that you can still buy a non res license and deer and elk tags...you just can't buy a tag for something currently open or about to be open.? Am I wrong.

You are correct, and you can still enter drawings.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »

I don't think you can buy the hunting license itself. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]