collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi Season Results  (Read 13289 times)

Offline deweyc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Multi Season Results
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
I don't know how but I drew deer with one point.  It definitively lifted my spirits.  I've been going stir crazy with no fishing or access to public land.  At least now I take a break from tying flies and escout OnX for some archery hunts in September...

Offline throwingsticks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
I drew deer with zero points. How does this work with second deer tags? I assume they are not converted to multi season as well.

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »
I drew deer with zero points. How does this work with second deer tags? I assume they are not converted to multi season as well.

they are drawn per specific weapon type. its just that you can now apply for muzzy archery rifle tags all in the same year if you have the ms tag

Offline throwingsticks

• Longhunter
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:51 PM »

they are drawn per specific weapon type. its just that you can now apply for muzzy archery rifle tags all in the same year if you have the ms tag
gotcha, thanks

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2020, 09:20:09 PM »

You drew with 1 point, not zero.  Impossible to draw with zero.  If you put in for the first time you were in the drawing with 1 point.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2020, 09:58:39 PM »
funny people act as if they drew something with multi season deer, anyone who applied will have the ability to have a multi season deer tag if they so choose

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
 :chuckle: yeah its the participation trophy for hunters.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline lemondog

• Scout
  • Groups: lemondog
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2020, 10:01:35 AM »
funny people act as if they drew something with multi season deer, anyone who applied will have the ability to have a multi season deer tag if they so choose

What you are missing is that if you "Draw" it allows you to apply for special permits in different user groups. This is important to me and others as well....

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »

What you are missing is that if you "Draw" it allows you to apply for special permits in different user groups. This is important to me and others as well....

Ya that’s why I want to get the elk permit one year. So I can put in for eastside special draws but continue to hunt west. I’m at 4 points for elk and first year I didn’t get drawn for deer. But I do plan to buy deer in August anyway.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »

This is it for me too as I apply for rifle and muzzleloader permits. . You can’t apply in all the different weapons if you don’t draw it. Yes, you can almost be guaranteed to get one when they go on sale, but the draws are over by then.  Maybe you didn’t think about that one.
:dunno:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2020, 03:18:57 PM »
Thats expensive for the chance to apply for different seasons. I pretty much use it the opposite way. Apply for rifle and if i dont draw and want the extra opportunity and have time ill buy multi. If i draw a good permit id rather save that $140 and just hunt the permit.  :twocents:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Multi Season Results
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »
Thats expensive for the chance to apply for different seasons. I pretty much use it the opposite way. Apply for rifle and if i dont draw and want the extra opportunity and have time ill buy multi. If i draw a good permit id rather save that $140 and just hunt the permit.  :twocents:

Yeah but if I don’t draw, I’ll still buy the tag most years just because it gives me more weekend time to hunt. I’ve drawn it every year except this one and I haven’t bought it maybe 2-3 times. Different strokes for different folks.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »

Yeah but if I don’t draw, I’ll still buy the tag most years just because it gives me more weekend time to hunt. I’ve drawn it every year except this one and I haven’t bought it maybe 2-3 times. Different strokes for different folks.
Yep. I dont even apply to try and draw. I just ghost point it to have the option to buy later. I think im up to 4 or 5 points now.  :chuckle:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2020, 07:46:21 PM »

This is it for me too as I apply for rifle and muzzleloader permits. . You can’t apply in all the different weapons if you don’t draw it. Yes, you can almost be guaranteed to get one when they go on sale, but the draws are over by then.  Maybe you didn’t think about that one.
Actually i do think about it leader of the 5,I put in my apps for deer as if i drew it either way because i know i can buy it whether i draw it or not.I bet you didn't think about that.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »

Actually i do think about it leader of the 5,I put in my apps for deer as if i drew it either way because i know i can buy it whether i draw it or not.I bet you didn't think about that.

But you can’t apply for special permits in all categories if you don’t draw it initially. If you wait and buy it later after you don’t draw, that’s not an option...
which was my point.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU