collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Reported a poacher this morning  (Read 21250 times)

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Reported a poacher this morning
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2020, 05:05:43 PM »
I'm totally against poaching.  Never have, Never will.  That being said, Turkeys around here hardly qualify.  Here's hoping they give him a stern warning, and not hang something about his neck for the rest of his life.  There's a big difference between a big buck and a nuisance bird.   :twocents:

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 05:28:34 PM »
I'm totally against poaching.  Never have, Never will.  That being said, Turkeys around here hardly qualify.  Here's hoping they give him a stern warning, and not hang something about his neck for the rest of his life.  There's a big difference between a big buck and a nuisance bird.   :twocents:

I guarantee you these people arent limiting their poaching to turkeys

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »
I'll bet they have a TV and cable. Sounds like they are getting there information off NatGeo and the Discovery Channel. Mountain Man! If I don't get my deer I'll starve to death!

(or need to go to the supermarket!)
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »
Here's hoping they give him a stern warning, and not hang something about his neck for the rest of his life.
If you think turkey poaching, or let alone almost any poaching is something that screws with someone's criminal record you're in for a big surprise.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2020, 05:50:52 PM »
agree, I hope points or money isn’t awarded.  Haven’t read this thread, not sure I want to.  Might disagree with too many people I respect.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2020, 06:10:22 PM »
There’s going to be a ton of turkey poaching going on between April 15 and May 4th..

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2020, 06:11:00 PM »
I guarantee you these people arent limiting their poaching to turkeys
:yeah:
I hear it all the time, "it's my first time" no it's the first time you've been caught. It's like when a guy gets arrested for DUI but says it's the first time he's ever driven drunk, right...

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2020, 06:22:26 PM »
OP did you receive any kind of response from WDFW? I'm curious if they do anything. Many Law enforcement agencies are not pursuing minor crimes and misdemeanors during this Covid thing.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »
Wow,  I am impressed by how much we know about them through 1 FaceBook post    :chuckle:

Pretty much I think we have decided that at least 3 generations of people are all up to no good, abusing state programs and have committed a list of undocumented crimes.  Did I miss anything before the foreman asks for our votes?

Just saying we could be just a little overboard, or possibly I missed something??  I am only aware of 2 facts, 1.Kid poached and it was reported, 2.Mom is the reason for him getting reported because of social media.

Granted my 2 facts are just what I read online but I feel they are pretty accurate.

:yeah:

The HW judgment train is all powerful and rarely stops to pick up facts. Just like CNN assumptions and personal opinion are just as good as facts and truth right?
you ain’t kidding.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2020, 07:03:28 PM »
There’s going to be a ton of turkey poaching going on between April 15 and May 4th..

I doubt many people will drive across the state to poach turkeys, and nobody i know here hunts them.  I dont think it will be significant.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2020, 08:30:03 PM »
It was done that way for thousands of years. No law or season.  No meat?  Hunt and eat.  But I doubt they truly were hungry enough to justify action.   Still plenty resources out there to not starve or poach...

+1 and I would be willing to bet a dollar we are already paying for them to eat via EBT

Why waste food stamps on something like meat, which is walking around free for the takin, amirite?

Anybody care to take a wild guess what the most common item purchased with food stamps is?  Ill give you a hint, it does not provide any bit of actual nutrition in any way.  In fact its a major cause of medical conditions which tax payers are also on the hook for.

I'd guess soft drinks. And I'd guess that is by design to some extent as there is no rule against it. The simple solution would be to make a rule against it.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline syoungs

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2020, 08:55:56 PM »
It wouldnt be very fair if they couldnt buy sodas and junk food. That may lead to someone feeling shame when their friends that are lucky enough to not need electonic benefits did purchase those items.
Have bit of a heart for those that arent as lucky as some of us.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2020, 09:08:59 PM »
I love this place, cracks me up.

No points awarded or reward received, asked for or allowed for turkeys, it's not why I called it in.  I don't even hunt or fish in WA anymore.  ;)

Like I said I put 99% of the blame on the grand parents, hopefully they get to be embarrassed and harassed a little bit.  Not much is going to happen to a 14 year old.  Hopefully he'll attend Hunter's Ed and learn some game laws.  You think he would have learned on his own?  I doubt it.

I received a call this afternoon from a Female Warden.  She had figured out where Grandma, the one who posted, lives and was en route to make contact.  They appreciated the call and I was more than happy to do it.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »
It wouldnt be very fair if they couldnt buy sodas and junk food. That may lead to someone feeling shame when their friends that are lucky enough to not need electonic benefits did purchase those items.

The last thing we would want to do is shame somebody.  Mtn dew and hot pockets for all!

Online WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2020, 09:14:21 PM »

The last thing we would want to do is shame somebody.  Mtn dew and hot pockets for all!

Ham n’ cheese pockets for me please  :chuckle:
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal