collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sea Lion Hunting  (Read 3645 times)

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Sea Lion Hunting
« on: April 07, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »
 I sure hope this is legit and more tribes participate. I wish them luck if it is! :tup:

1ST OFF, IF YOU ARE NOT FIRST NATIONS, YOU CANNOT HARVEST SEALS OR SEA LIONS AT THIS TIME:

It’s outlined in this Marine Plan that we as First Nations can harvest seals and sea lions, but in order to sell it we need each First Nations Band/Tribe to apply for license to sell and quota from D.F.O.

I am here to help help your Band to apply for license. It's my job, so get your Chief, Economic Development Officer or Fisheries Manager to contact me. tom.sewid@gmail.com

IF YOU’RE NON-FIRST NATIONS, IT’S RECOMMENDED IN MARINE PLAN THAT EACH BAND/TRIBE BE ABLE TO SELL TAGS AND/OR OFFER GUIDED PINNIPED HUNTS:

First Nations not from the coastal Band/Tribe where hunting is allowed, you need to contact local Band/Tribe and see where they are at in the license process? Each Band/Tribe does their own thing and I am not keeping track of what everyone is doing, too many Bands/Tribes. That’s your business if you want to help out or do your own hunting in their traditional territory.

IF YOU’RE NON-FIRST NATIONS, YOU CAN GO OUT WITH FIRST NATIONS HARVESTERS:

You cannot legally shoot with firearm, crossbow or harpoon a pinniped. You can help First Nations by using your boat or help with gas and bullet purchases.

IF YOU’RE A U.S. CITISEN YOU CANNOT BE IN POSSESION OF CANADIAN PINNIPED PRODUCTS:

This is for U.S. Tribes, your hunting and fishing organizations to work together to lobby President Trump to sign off on your obsolete marine mammal laws to be changed.

IF YOU WANT TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE MY EMAIL AND NOT FACBOOK MESSENGER!:

Messenger is not a working tool for me to send you back information packages such as harvesting procedures, licensing processes, harvest log sheet and our Marine Management Plan. My email is tom.sewid@gmail.com

THANK YOU FOR HARVESTING SEA LIONS NORTHERN B.C. TRIBES!:

Now that I have your attention, I would like to thank all Nass River and other northern B.C. First Nations harvesters for their tenacious efforts to date. They have been harvesting sea lions for food this March more aggressively than usual. Many and I mean many sea lions have been brought to smoke houses, been jarred and frozen to feed their families. I cannot give the exact number, other than to say thousands of salmon, oolichan, steel head and other fin fish have been saved due to their harvesting.

These Tribal harvesters need help in way of bullets, gas and any help you can give them in way of checks, Canadian Tire gift cards, credit card gift cards or cash, is much appreciated. Email me your contact information if you want to help out. I will call and discuss with you how to do this tom.sewid@gmail.com  

WE NEED HIDES FOR MARKETING AND DEVELOPING NEW MARKETS. PLEASE FREEZE HIDES AND WE WILL ARRANGE SHIPPING TO FURCANADA IN NANAIMO.  

Harvesters, please use N-95 mask onboard boats if you have not been around others aboard your harvest. Confined spaces require masks and open boats stay apart as best you can. We need to keep safe from this damn virus.   

ASK TO JOIN PACIFIC BALANCE MARINE MANAGEMENT ON FACEBOOK TO LEARN MORE.

tom.sewid@gmail.com 604-724-7325
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Sea Lion Hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
Get after it.  Hope to see the same down here in WA someday soon.

Offline MADMAX

• Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »
 :yeah:
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
 :tup:
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »
I've chatted with him online. This guy is getting in it done. He was supposed to come down and talk to WA tribal folks but the corona virus hit and he stayed at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »
I cut the head off a big stranded male last summer for the Marine Mammal Stranding Network, it weighed 54 pounds!  The meat looked good and I might have tried it, but it had been there for a while....   :chuckle:

Offline Bill W

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 07:23:00 PM »
I know if I go far enough back on my family tree I'll find where some of my ancestors crossed over the land bridge into north america.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
Good work! I wonder does a sea lion float when shot? They must

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 01:42:58 PM »
Good work! I wonder does a sea lion float when shot? They must

given a long enough soak time they will float.

Offline Fishmaker57

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, CCA
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 01:53:11 PM »
If you shoot them in the head, they float....in the body, they sink...…...Just a theory.....honest!!

:dunno: :chuckle:

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »
I cut the head off a big stranded male last summer for the Marine Mammal Stranding Network, it weighed 54 pounds!  The meat looked good and I might have tried it, but it had been there for a while....   :chuckle:

For those of you that haven't been around long, When Loki says something looks good, be afraid.
Low T Beta Male

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

For those of you that haven't been around long, When Loki says something looks good, be afraid.

:chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »
Stupid question... are these sea lions being consumed by the "first nations", or is the meat being shipped else where? Not that I care, a dead sea lion is the best sea lion. Just curious.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 05:04:40 PM »
Stupid question... are these sea lions being consumed by the "first nations", or is the meat being shipped else where? Not that I care, a dead sea lion is the best sea lion. Just curious.

Tom Sewid  is getting after it. they have lined up a tannery in Nanaimo, BC to process furs, they have been doing stomach content surveys, and sending livers in for toxicity testing.  Im guessing this testing is to sell the meat, and Ive heard they have been eating and canning the meat. Those guys are gonna put the smack down on pinipeds when they can sell the meat and fur. Plus they are working on Guiding hunts for anyone that wants to.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 05:06:20 PM »

Tom Sewid  is getting after it. they have lined up a tannery in Nanaimo, BC to process furs, they have been doing stomach content surveys, and sending livers in for toxicity testing.  Im guessing this testing is to sell the meat, and Ive heard they have been eating and canning the meat. Those guys are gonna put the smack down on pinipeds when they can sell the meat and fur. Plus they are working on Guiding hunts for anyone that wants to.

Damn, I can get behind that!!! :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter